• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Any info on this eBay reseller

Wyotug

TUG Member
Reaction score
I won an auction today on ebay from Last Resort Fee, LLC. from Branson MO.
Do any of you have experience with them?
They sent me a Wyndham Vacation Ownership Interest Details sheet after the auction that is a year old. They also sent a sales contract with errors. The sales price was significantly lower than my winning bid and the effective date I had to sign and agree no later than was Oct. 2006.
I'm skeptical that they may not be legitimate.
Thanks

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I won an auction today on ebay from Last Resort Fee, LLC. from Branson MO.
Do any of you have experience with them?
They sent me a Wyndham Vacation Ownership Interest Details sheet after the auction that is a year old. They also sent a sales contract with errors. The sales price was significantly lower than my winning bid and the effective date I had to sign and agree no later than was Oct. 2006.
I'm skeptical that they may not be legitimate.
Thanks

No experience with this group. Suggest you get with the seller/seller agent/closing company as appropriate and get corrected paperwork and make sure that you do not get stuck with back fees and make sure it is not a strip and dump contract.

Last edited:

Wyotug

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have contacted the seller and asked for a recent VOID sheet and pointed out the errors in the contract. It was late in the day so they may have gone home already. We'll see what we get tomorrow. I have not paid for anything yet and won't until I'm happy with the paperwork.

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wise move.

Last edited:

ilya

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have contacted the seller and asked for a recent VOID sheet and pointed out the errors in the contract. It was late in the day so they may have gone home already. We'll see what we get tomorrow. I have not paid for anything yet and won't until I'm happy with the paperwork.

Any news on this reseller?

Wyotug

TUG Member
Reaction score
They ordered an up-to-date VOID from Wyndham. Once I receive that and a contract for review I may move cautiously ahead.

khayes10

Reaction score
A general question in regards to eBay. If you decide that in a particular situation advance booking is not needed, why would some properties on eBay sell for $0.01 and others thousands? I am a DVC member with multiple resale contracts and it seems Wyndham timeshares are much more complected to understand the ins and outs. In reading, it appears many people are very successful in acquiring their properties for little to nothing purchase price (excluding various fees) off eBay. It seems like in the DVC world it is never recommended to purchase off eBay dues to scams/fraud/etc but to purchase from a real estate agent offering the resale contracts. Thoughts?

nicemann

TUG Member
Reaction score
A general question in regards to eBay. If you decide that in a particular situation advance booking is not needed, why would some properties on eBay sell for $0.01 and others thousands? I am a DVC member with multiple resale contracts and it seems Wyndham timeshares are much more complected to understand the ins and outs. In reading, it appears many people are very successful in acquiring their properties for little to nothing purchase price (excluding various fees) off eBay. It seems like in the DVC world it is never recommended to purchase off eBay dues to scams/fraud/etc but to purchase from a real estate agent offering the resale contracts. Thoughts?

Prices can depend on a couple of things. For more experienced buyers it will be how much is the MF at that resort. That could be why some sell for much higher. Of course it is eBay so sometimes it is just the luck of the draw.

They could be scams on eBay also with Wyndham but that's why you want to do your research and buy from a known seller.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I thing the big reason real estate agents are involved with Disney and not wyndham is that Disney sells for big bucks, or at least enough that an agent can carve out a decent payday when they sell one. Not so much with Wyndham

As far as the risk goes, you are only at risk for the money you put up and we have already established that that's not so much. I've bought a lot of Wyndham and have only had one serious problem. And even that ultimately worked out. The risk is not really that great

Wyndhan contracts vary in price based on their maintenance fees. Each resort has a different fee structure some quite high and others quite low. And some are more in demand than others because of their home resort advance reservation priority

It is a relatively complex system especially when compared th Disney. Disney has berry few properties and the ruler for each are similar if not identical. Wyndham has close to a hundred properties assembled over time by building from scratch and buyouts. But it's not too bad everything you need to know is on less than 10 pages in the owner directory

Wyotug

TUG Member
Reaction score
Up date on this seller, Last Resort Fee. It's been almost a month since I won the auction. They contacted me immediately after the auction closed via normal email, Not through eBay which I think eBay requires. (red flag no. 1 to me) They asked for copies of drivers licenses which we sent and they advised us to look out for a PayPal request for payment which we've never received. They sent me a very sloppily written contract I wrote about in a previous post. I told them about all the mistakes and asked for corrections and an up-to-date estoppel. I never heard from them again until I gave them a bad review on eBay. They emailed me within an hour of the review and told me they requested a new estoppel from Wyndham and it would take a week or two. I called them and advised that communication needs to be much better if I'm going to continue with this sale. I have not heard back from them since.

Not sure what they can do with copies of drivers licenses but that's all they got or will get from us. Hopefully nothing bad can be done with them.

They didn't have any reviews / feedback listed on eBay (red flag no. 2) but i was willing to give them the benefit of doubt since I didn't either. I contacted them prior to the auction about it and they told me they just haven't sold anything in quite awhile.

This was my first auction attempting to buy Wyndham points. Learned a lesson that luckily didn't cost me anything.

Beware of this company.

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
WyoTug, You dodged a bullet, try looking at TUG Marketplace if you want a timeshare. There are many Branson Resorts. I have dealt with many tug members and they are the easiest folks to deal with, in my opinion. Wish you luck in finding the right timeshare.
Silentg

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score

I think that Disney is a bit different because there is no shortage of people who want to be there, and your stay is just a drop in the bucket compared to all of the money that you spend elsewhere at Disney. They make it easier to book no doubt. No messing around with reservation transactions or housekeeping credits. But for Wyndham, chances are high that they may not see another dime from you aside from that stay so they charge where they can. ROFR is a huge factor and you have to offer the correct amount or Disney buys it. On the Wyndham side, they may take back some of their contracts for free, but others aren't even worth their free price tag to Wyndham, either.

Now eBay is a different character altogether. I think that there does tend to be shill bidding. But then again, that is eBay for you.

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Craigslist would be easier to verify the seller/seller agent and insure they are real. If it is a deeded contract, a check of the court house where the resort is could verify the owner of record. Their is on-line information available in a lot of cases through the courthouse. One frequent poster gave information that he had used the Craigslist that covered the location the Resort was in. That would be a good place to check and go. If their is a seller agent involved, as for the person's real estate license number then look it up on line to make sure it is current and valid.

Last edited:

khayes10

Reaction score
I thing the big reason real estate agents are involved with Disney and not wyndham is that Disney sells for big bucks, or at least enough that an agent can carve out a decent payday when they sell one. Not so much with Wyndham

As far as the risk goes, you are only at risk for the money you put up and we have already established that that's not so much. I've bought a lot of Wyndham and have only had one serious problem. And even that ultimately worked out. The risk is not really that great

Wyndhan contracts vary in price based on their maintenance fees. Each resort has a different fee structure some quite high and others quite low. And some are more in demand than others because of their home resort advance reservation priority

It is a relatively complex system especially when compared th Disney. Disney has berry few properties and the ruler for each are similar if not identical. Wyndham has close to a hundred properties assembled over time by building from scratch and buyouts. But it's not too bad everything you need to know is on less than 10 pages in the owner directory

The 10 pages of the owners directory you mention, it there a link for that document ?

khayes10

Reaction score

The 10 pages of the owners directory you mention, it there a link for that document ?