• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Anyone Got Denied Wyndham Cancellation Within Rescission Period?

TSnewbie2017

Reaction score
It doesn't hurt to try. Like it's been mentioned Discovery is not too bad of a deal so if you get stuck with it, make the most out of it. Not sure what price you paid for yours and how many points though. It was recently posted someone got 400k in points for $3,000. That would make the price per points $7.50 per thousand and not sure if you get any "VIP" benefits with it.
For the record, we paid about 3600 for 400K points if paid in full, if we take our time w/ Paypal credit & pay interest it will end up 4700. Anyway my big suspicion is like many people commented I won't be able to reserve anything good on the time I want. If even I'm willing to overpay for prime time lets say NY eve, my account online states I can travel starting January 1st? Also it was supposed to be for 20 months period. And I only see one year timeframe to use...Salesman stated I could use immediately and even stretch to 22 months timeframe, etc. Like many other lies he said...Very disappointed with customer service over the phone and the whole system of communication in general. It truly says a lot about how the company is doing business.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
Postmark relates to a date officially received by a post office. If the 5th day falls on Easter Sunday, or any Sunday for that matter, how is it possible to have something postmarked?
It doesn't matter. Nevada uses calendar days so even if the fifth day is a day the post office is closed, it counts.
http://www.arda.org/uploadedFiles/A...s_Call_Out_Boxes/RescissionPeriodsNov2010.pdf

For the record, we paid about 3600 for 400K points if paid in full, if we take our time w/ Paypal credit & pay interest it will end up 4700. Anyway my big suspicion is like many people commented I won't be able to reserve anything good on the time I want.
This sounds awfully familiar....

nicemann

TUG Member
Reaction score
For the record, we paid about 3600 for 400K points if paid in full, if we take our time w/ Paypal credit & pay interest it will end up 4700.

Wyndham and Paypal must have a great partnership. They really love to push their financing.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wyndham and Paypal must have a great partnership. They really love to push their financing.

It's Win Win for them. Wyndham has a way to secure the down payment and generate tens of thousands of dollars once the rescind period has passed and PayPal generates interest payments if the purchaser doesn't pay it off right away. Win Win. . .

TSnewbie2017

Reaction score
I would still contact PayPal also. Although your 14 days to notify them has expired you can send them copies of the response from Wyndham
proving you did in fact rescind (or attempted to) and that was well within the 14 days. It may be a long shot but you will never know if you don't at try.
Interesting fact, but PayPal Credit stated they are the 3rd party and it's between us and Wyn to dispute. So no case was open. Then they simply transferred me to Wyn rep and surprisingly Wyn picked up the phone fast (not like I had to wait 50 minutes the other day to get a hold of someone alive there)...Wyn rep said there was no record i opened an appeal case a week ago....(sounds like a deadend?) Then after putting me on hold a few times and discussing the situation with someone else said: The 1st day starts on the day of signature... Now I'm really confused, sounds like they don;t even know what they are doing and how to read the law. ;(

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
The contract states "send" nothing mentioned postmark. The letter of deny states my Postmark date was April 16th (which is in fact the 5th day). Will see how the appeal process goes, waiting for a week already for update.

Interesting fact, but PayPal Credit stated they are the 3rd party and it's between us and Wyn to dispute. So no case was open. Then they simply transferred me to Wyn rep and surprisingly Wyn picked up the phone fast (not like I had to wait 50 minutes the other day to get a hold of someone alive there)...Wyn rep said there was no record i opened an appeal case a week ago....(sounds like a deadend?) Then after putting me on hold a few times and discussing the situation with someone else said: The 1st day starts on the day of signature... Now I'm really confused, sounds like they don;t even know what they are doing and how to read the law. ;(
Yes, they are wrong. If you have a letter from them acknowledging that you sent it on the 16th, and the contract was signed on the 11th, then you sent the rescission within the 5 days. I have never heard any court interpret calendar days the way they claim.

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

uscav8r

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
It does sound familiar. The poster who got such a "great deal" that Wyndham was screwing you and me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What is really odd, it that the OP started the Wyndham-is-screwing-its-owners thread on 4/23... a full week AFTER Wyndham supposedly received her rescission letter on 4/16. AND she claimed in that post to have bought on 4/20.

When I opened the current thread, I thought the OP had argued and rant d her way past the deadline. It turns out she had already rescinded and was rejected before she posted the other thread.

Something strange is afoot at the Circle K.

"How is Wyndham not Screwing their Owners with new Offers?"

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sh...-Owners-with-new-Offers?.254804/&share_type=t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TSnewbie2017

Reaction score
What is really odd, it that the OP started the Wyndham-is-screwing-its-owners thread on 4/23... a full week AFTER Wyndham supposedly received her rescission letter on 4/16. AND she claimed in that post to have bought on 4/20.

When I opened the current thread, I thought the OP had argued and rant d her way past the deadline. It turns out she had already rescinded and was rejected before she posted the other thread.

Something strange is afoot at the Circle K.

"How is Wyndham not Screwing their Owners with new Offers?"

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_fid=67985&share_tid=254804&url=http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/How-is-Wyndham-not-Screwing-their-Owners-with-new-Offers?.254804/&share_type=t

OMG! LOL! Thanks for sharing that link....At some point I started getting lost in conversation and now I understand why...you guys think I am TSGuest2017 but I am not, I just registered yesterday though my Screen name looks similar, I am a different customer TSnewbie2017 (by coincidence with the same Discovery product LOL)...How funny...Anyway, my thread is a bit different. Looking for positive stories who abled to fight Wyn in rescission battle successfully. Thanks again for participation.

uscav8r

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
OMG! LOL! Thanks for sharing that link....At some point I started getting lost in conversation and now I understand why...you guys think I am TSGuest2017 but I am not, I just registered yesterday though my Screen name looks similar, I am a different customer TSnewbie2017 (by coincidence with the same Discovery product LOL)...How funny...Anyway, my thread is a bit different. Looking for positive stories who abled to fight Wyn in rescission battle successfully. Thanks again for participation.

Like I said. Something strange is afoot!

TSnewbie2017

Reaction score
Like I said. Something strange is afoot!

That's a good example that the salesmen use the same scripts to brainwash the customers... "word by word" LOL.... i wonder if she bought in Vegas as well or some other state ;)

ravenna

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
elara - las vegas - HGVC
I was in a similar situation with a TS purchase last month (Hilton GVC). I was one day late with my postmark and they strung me along, but since then I have been told - after phone calls, subtle threats of a lawsuit, and persistence - that my rescission is being honored.

You have a decent argument to make: you DID mail within five calendar days but Day 5 was a Sunday and a major holiday so you couldn't get the postmark! You might lose that battle in court but you can threaten to put up a spirited fight , and it's possible that just the threat might make them back down.

If you have big money on the line. I suggest making a polite but firm fuss by calling to inquire about your rescission....every day... And mentioning your lawyer.... Every day!. If you can cancel your down payment (Is that possible on PayPal?) it may help. My thinking is that if they have no money from you and just the prospect of a difficult customer and a potential lawsuit, they may give up on you. Good luck.

TSnewbie2017

Reaction score
I was in a similar situation with a TS purchase last month (Hilton GVC). I was one day late with my postmark and they strung me along, but since then I have been told - after phone calls, subtle threats of a lawsuit, and persistence - that my rescission is being honored.

You have a decent argument to make: you DID mail within five calendar days but Day 5 was a Sunday and a major holiday so you couldn't get the postmark! You might lose that battle in court but you can threaten to put up a spirited fight , and it's possible that just the threat might make them back down.

If you have big money on the line. I suggest making a polite but firm fuss by calling to inquire about your rescission....every day... And mentioning your lawyer.... Every day!. If you can cancel your down payment (Is that possible on PayPal?) it may help. My thinking is that if they have no money from you and just the prospect of a difficult customer and a potential lawsuit, they may give up on you. Good luck.
Thanks for encouraging. Not sure what was your TS company, but for Wyndham it's almost impossible to get thru. There is no email, there is no phone numbers disclosed. The only one you call for reservation and then they transfer you somewhere else and somewhere else and after 45 min - 1 hour on hold on the phone you are able to speak to a live person in owner care department. The rep still doesn't give you the number to call directly next time and never follows up. I was told last week that it should be resolved in a week by different department which there is no way to call directly and owner care reps has connection. So the owner care rep has no decision power whatsoever. Anyway, more than one week passed today I wanted to follow up and their whole system is down, website down whole day, owner care doesn't have access to anything at this point and they don't know when it's gonna be fixed....What kind of service is that? GUYS, DO YOU THINK I SHOULD FILE COMPLAINT AT BBB?

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
GUYS, DO YOU THINK I SHOULD FILE COMPLAINT AT BBB?

You certainly should. Just dont expect it to be the silver bullet that resolves this. Wyndham has a BBB rating of "C" and is not an accredited BBB organization.

jhoug

TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree with the poster. The 5th calendar day, is the 5th day AFTER signing, which is the 16th.
The way to get a postmark on those days if Sunday or Holiday is to use the Self-service machine at the post office which is still available even when the Post Office window is closed.
You can send by Priority mail and then you have tracking, also the machine asks if you need more insurance.
You print your label, apply it to the package yourself and drop it in their bin.