• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Apple Watch

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).
Update

Mine was a gift so I didn't have a ton of say in it. I was given the larger one.

At first I was a little disappointed because I thought it looked so big but I'm really glad he chose the bigger one because it's easier to touch the apps. My friends who have the smaller version hate it. They say they can't use it at all even though it's cute and small.

Turns out one of the reasons my husband got me the bigger one is that he planned all along for me to give it back to him when the next version came out so we'd both have them :)

Smart man! I tried on both and I just couldn't get used to the larger size on my wrist. I guess it's because I've worn smaller watch faces all my watch wearing days. I have ordered the Series 2 stainless steel with the Milanese loop band. I'm fortunate that my daughter works for Apple. She wears the smaller case and also preferred it on me. I was told there is no real difference in battery life. I have a short time when I can return it if I have trouble operating it or don't like it. It won't even be shipped for 3 to 4 weeks. Can't wait!!!

rhonda

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
It's a sport one. I got a separate extra band that's metal to wear for certain outfits. I wanted the lightest weight possible because I really hate heavy jewelry.

I'll get the same type when I upgrade - aluminum case with a sport band.
Thanks!

I'm now a couple weeks into my Series 2, aluminum case and have put the watch through plenty of environment challenges: swimming pools, open ocean, faux-rock pool slides and lazy rivers, steam rooms, rain, horse work, normal bumps, etc. It is tracking about 50 miles of physical activity each week -- no appearance of scratches or wear.

The only significant problem I have is tracking motion while walking laps on a ship out at sea. When walking w/out carrying the paired-phone, the watch gave me Zero credit (no distance, no calories). I s'pose the watch's GPS either didn't find a signal or didn't understand how to credit distance for traveling circles? Carrying the phone while walking at least counts 'steps' -- so I continue to carry the phone. However, the ship is a fairly wet environment (perhaps moisture on the wrist contributes to the measurement problems?) and carrying the phone is a concern.

I've become addicted to completing the rings each day for standing, exercise and moving (as represented by calories). I have not yet accepted the watch's suggestion to increase my Move goal. I'd feel safe doing that for land-based activities -- but am still trying to figure out how it works for sea-based. (I'm not satisfied that the watch and I are properly calibrated, together, for sea.)

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
Rented bicycles in Lahaina today and took off for Worldmark Valley Isle. It was very nice having the turn by turn directions on my wrist while riding the bicycles! (Ok, not that navigation was difficult -- but today is my first ever visit to Maui. It was nice to know how far I'd be peddling between the few turns.)

I received a couple of Achievement notifications today: 1st Cycling workout, hitting 200% of my Move goal, new Move record, new Exercise record, etc. I'm addicted ..

Julian926

TUG Member
Reaction score
Rented bicycles in Lahaina today and took off for Worldmark Valley Isle. It was very nice having the turn by turn directions on my wrist while riding the bicycles! (Ok, not that navigation was difficult -- but today is my first ever visit to Maui. It was nice to know how far I'd be peddling between the few turns.)

I received a couple of Achievement notifications today: 1st Cycling workout, hitting 200% of my Move goal, new Move record, new Exercise record, etc. I'm addicted ..

My wife is very addicted. We're upgrading her Stainless Steel Milanese loop to a Series 2. Might get the Nike version once it's out.

KarenLK

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have the original, 38mm, rose gold case with a mauve band. I love it, but the band is looking dirty and I cannot seem to get it clean.

Julian926

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have the original, 38mm, rose gold case with a mauve band. I love it, but the band is looking dirty and I cannot seem to get it clean.

Is it an Apple band or third party band? The Apple bands are supposed to be very easy to clean.

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Got my first scratch!

I just noticed it today ... but I don't recall what happened or when it happened. The scratch runs horizontally about 1/3 up from the bottom of watch face. It is ~half the width of the face and is considerably thicker on the left side than the right. Oh ... well ...

Julian926

TUG Member
Reaction score
Got my first scratch!

I just noticed it today ... but I don't recall what happened or when it happened. The scratch runs horizontally about 1/3 up from the bottom of watch face. It is ~half the width of the face and is considerably thicker on the left side than the right. Oh ... well ...

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7015269?tstart=0

You can call and try to get it fixed. Some people have been successful.

Magic1962

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Grandview at Las Vegas 122000 points annually....
I broke down bought a Apple Watch 2 sport.... the bigger one.... LOVE IT!!! Just getting used to it, but love it!!!:banana: another apple product..... I am addicted!!!:banana:

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Just gloating ... my current move streak is 87 days. So close to 90 days! Then 100 days! I'm addicted to "completing my rings."

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I'm really enjoying the new Toy Story face added with Watch OS 4. I'm also enjoying using the new Equestrian workout setting. I don't know if it tracks much differently than the "Mixed Cardio" I was using in prior OS versions ... perhaps I'll figure that out over time. My step count was low yesterday leading me to think that the Equestrian workout does not track steps (attributing all steps to the horse, perhaps?) but today's step count is back to normal so ... I'm really not sure what the new workout setting is measuring beyond cardio.

And my move streak continues ... now at 269. Still addicted to closing my rings!

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sadly, my stainless steel Apple watch was stolen in London. Not sure I got enough out of it to buy another. I do miss being able to slap my hand over it to stop a call that is coming in. I miss being able to glance down at a text. And I miss setting up a workout and viewing the results. If I do purchase another, it won't be the more expensive one again!

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Oh, @Glynda -- So sorry to read of your loss!

Related, my husband wonders, "Doesn't the Apple Watch have similar security as that of an iPhone? Isn't it basically a useless chunk of hardware to the thief -- or could an Apple Watch be easily reset for use by the current holder?" Hmm, anyone have input? Thx!

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Oh, @Glynda -- So sorry to read of your loss!

Related, my husband wonders, "Doesn't the Apple Watch have similar security as that of an iPhone? Isn't it basically a useless chunk of hardware to the thief -- or could an Apple Watch be easily reset for use by the current holder?" Hmm, anyone have input? Thx!

Short answers: "Yes, there is similar security." And "Yes, it should be a 'useless chunk of hardware to the thief.'" And "I don't know if it can be easily hacked and reset anyway." :)

Longer explanation:

Yes, there is supposed to be security with series 2 and series 3 Apple watches. IF the "Find My Phone" feature was enabled on the paired phone and watch, one can then check on iCloud.com or use the "Find My Phone App" to track the watch. The GPS should show it on a map. But there is another big "IF". That's IF watch is also turned on, connected to cellular, wifi, or paired with your phone. Supposedly another can not use it or reset it unless he/she enters your Apple ID and password.

Through "Lost Mode", one can disable accounts/credit cards, etc. in the "wallet." And there is an opportunity to have it make a sound in order to search for it. There is also a setting to send a notification that will show up on the watch face, if the watch is turned on and connected, that states that it is lost and asks the finder to contact a phone number. One can also request notification from Apple when and if it is turned on and connected.

The good thing is that my credit cards have not been used. I've received no notifications that it has been online and it doesn't show up on a map when I try to track it as my other three Apple devices do. How easy it is to "hack" and reset for another to use, I don't know. Mine was taken the end of June so I have little hope of it ever being reported as tracked.

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I earned my 'Thanksgiving 2017' badge yesterday ... but overdid it in the process. I thought the badge required a 10k outdoor workout rather than the 5k. So, we planned hiking in a nearby preserve land. The hike was more difficult than I had expected given the steep hills ... and I found myself carrying the dog, on occasion. As such, we cut it a bit short and only completed 3.5 miles ... the hardest 3.5 miles I've done in ages. The record temps may have played a part in our quickly tiring ... we saw 90, maybe higher. I was quite disappointed failing my goal and continued outdoor walking around the horse arena that evening while the dinner bird was in the oven.

I reached a total of 9.9 miles (but not all were tracked using 'workout' mode) for the day and earned the badge: 5k. What?? I thought I needed 10k? Nope ... I only needed 5k. Oh, well. Overkill.

Even so ... I'm still short of miles on my Apple Watch November Challenge of 203 miles. I'll need to get an average of 8 miles daily through the end of the month. Do-able. I can do this. (Very thankful for the 'life-coach-on-my-wrist' ... giving me goals ...)

Last edited:

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Even so ... I'm still short of miles on my Apple Watch November Challenge of 203 miles. I'll need to get an average of 8 miles daily through the end of the month. Do-able. I can do this. (Very thankful for the 'life-coach-on-my-wrist' ... giving me goals ...)
Got it! It failed to trigger on time yesterday ... and put me into a mild scare as the task counter rolled back several miles ... but I received the award early this morning. Phew.

My Dec challenge is 31k+ active calories. This is gonna be tough ... roughly double my daily active calorie goal. Hmm ... sure, I hit 200% of the daily goal now and again ... but not 31 days in a row. Oh, my.

Anyone else chasing the personal monthly challenges?

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
So ... anyone pre-order the Watch Series 4?

I did ... but later canceled the order. My status: I am "sold" on Series 4 as an upgrade from my Series 2 (aluminum) but am undecided, once again, on aluminum vs stainless and size. Ah, old story ... revisited.

The feature that most excites me: Fall detection and alert.
Reason: I often go horseback riding alone. I'm out in the backcountry ... if I fell and hit my head ... oh, dread the thought. That the watch, with cellular service, might detect my fall and initiate a call for help, with my location, sounds awesome. The little "coach on my wrist" might also become my "life guard"? Cool!

The watch I put on immediate pre-order (using the iOS app, before the website opened in the early moments of 9/14) was the Nike silver aluminum with reflective silver band. The one I showed my husband the next morning: the gold stainless with sport band. He figures I should go for the gold stainless ... thus the canceled pre-order.

At this point, I think I'm waiting to see and handle them in the store. The silver aluminum bezel suits my style. The gold stainless, while beautiful, might be too much bling for my life ... and it won't go with my Apple leather band (silver tone hardware). I'm also undecided on the size. I have the 42mm Series 2 ... not sure if I want the 40mm or 44mm Series 4. Thus ... waiting until they hit the stores seems to make sense.

Looking forward to this upgrade!

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I bought the series 2 stainless only to have it stolen last year in London. I'm somewhat intrigued by the series 4 but if I buy, it won't the more expensive one. Hurts too much when something happens to it.

IngridN

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts: Aruba Surf Club, Grand Chateau, Shadow Ridge
I'll be in the store on the 21st!!! Upgrading from a Series 3 for the 'medical device' aspects. As I love oversized watches, I will get the 44mm. I have the silver aluminum one and will replace with same.

Ingrid

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I bought the series 2 stainless only to have it stolen last year in London. I'm somewhat intrigued by the series 4 but if I buy, it won't the more expensive one. Hurts too much when something happens to it.
I thought of you over the weekend when 'shopping' watches nearby via FB. I saw a lovely, well kept, stainless Series 2 with 4 bands listed at $300. Once again, I had to reconcile this "want for the newest feature" against a darn-good value proposition. The Series 2 stainless is lovely.

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I'll be in the store on the 21st!!! Upgrading from a Series 3 for the 'medical device' aspects. As I love oversized watches, I will get the 44mm. I have the silver aluminum one and will replace with same.

Ingrid
How are you enjoying your new watch?

I spent some time in the Apple Store playing with the new watches and trying the stainless steel (gold) model with my existing bands. It was a useful exercise. Yes, I want the larger size ... but I'm going back to the Nike Silver Aluminum body. Once again I put the Nike version on order ... but by then it was long, long backordered. I'm thinking to cancel it (again) to wait for Black Friday sales. Until then, my series 2 keeps rocking ... love it. Current move streak is 673 days.

IngridN

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts: Aruba Surf Club, Grand Chateau, Shadow Ridge
How are you enjoying your new watch?

I spent some time in the Apple Store playing with the new watches and trying the stainless steel (gold) model with my existing bands. It was a useful exercise. Yes, I want the larger size ... but I'm going back to the Nike Silver Aluminum body. Once again I put the Nike version on order ... but by then it was long, long backordered. I'm thinking to cancel it (again) to wait for Black Friday sales. Until then, my series 2 keeps rocking ... love it. Current move streak is 673 days.

Love it! I ended up getting the space gray rather than silver aluminum. Love the face(s) with 8 complications. Now I can get all my main ones on one face although I do miss Minnie telling me the time. She's put a smile on others' face when I accidentally hit it!

Ingrid

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I keep looking at the 4. I said I'd go with the cheaper aluminum after the loss of my stainless series 2 but I really like the look of the gold stainless and with GPS and Cellular, the price difference isn't so great especially since my daughter works for Apple and I can get the family discount. I'm hoping the smaller will fit the bands I bought for the series 2.