• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Are we doing okay with the new website?

Maverick1963

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Flamingo
I finished reservation for this year. In the end, I was able to book HHV Lagoon 2BR ocean front. It happened that the week was in the gold season and I only spent 7000 points.

As usual, I made a booking a few weeks earlier and updated it everyday. Along the way, my reservation needed more points and fewer points. I changed the resort. So I think I did most of basic actions necessary to manage my reservation at the new website.

The only problem I had was changing the resort. Trying to change the reserved resort, I think I ended up with a new booking page. This issue disappeared after a few days. Otherwise, the new website gave me decent function. Usually I use Google Chrome on my Mac.

I am just curious and want to know how you are doing. Is the new website doing okay for you? Or you still have too many problems to make your reservation?

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've been using the new site for a while, and I find it doable - even though I think it is easier to get an overview of availability at the old site.

I tried to change my reservation twice on the new site and book a few new ones which hasen't required a change. As said it is doable but I REALLY miss the availability overview.

Maverick1963

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Flamingo
Cyberc, thanks for your comment.

I do agree. Particularly when making club reservation, it is helpful to see the availability overview still in the home resort period.

fernow

TUG Member
Reaction score
Usually want to stay at one of the Big Island HGVC resorts and don't really care which one. Also have at least some time flexibility. New website does not facilitate planning in that way like the old one did.

Blues

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Usually want to stay at one of the Big Island HGVC resorts and don't really care which one. Also have at least some time flexibility. New website does not facilitate planning in that way like the old one did.

I only switched to the new site at the end of last year. I agree - the new site makes comparing resorts, times, etc, very difficult. Much easier to use revolution on the old site.

Which brings up a question - since the old site is still functional, is it still kept up to date with available inventory? IOW, is there any problem in using the old site to find availability? Thanks.

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score

Completely agreed. I really liked the matrix-type search/display on the old (even "revolution") vs. the new crappy one.

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
I only switched to the new site at the end of last year. I agree - the new site makes comparing resorts, times, etc, very difficult. Much easier to use revolution on the old site.

Which brings up a question - since the old site is still functional, is it still kept up to date with available inventory? IOW, is there any problem in using the old site to find availability? Thanks.

Yes, the pop-up on the old website says it's no longer being updated with inventory, so if you want accurate results, use the new one, unfortunately.

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, the pop-up on the old website says it's no longer being updated with inventory, so if you want accurate results, use the new one, unfortunately.

That is not entirely true. The hgvclub.com is not being updated with all the latest updates.

If the site didn't have the latest inventory of the resorts already there then they had to take the site offline - if they didn't they would risk someone booking the same unit twice or more. So the resorts already there will be updated inventory-wise.

Don't expect any new resorts or news to be posted there..

Regards

Reactions: jyt

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +

You can search for your timeframe and for an entire area, not just a single resort. That is possible

NOW I agree I really liked the slider method over plugging in new dates, BUT once you see inventory point values populated) for a certain resorts, you can can drill down on that resort. It is not near as efficient, but the information if there. Scan then detail is the only way the new site works for me, it is a 2 pass method.

Perhaps they need an "Are your Dates Flexible" like they have on a hotel site. But I have not found that.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
That is not entirely true. The hgvclub.com is not being updated with all the latest updates.

If the site didn't have the latest inventory of the resorts already there then they had to take the site offline - if they didn't they would risk someone booking the same unit twice or more. So the resorts already there will be updated inventory-wise.

Don't expect any new resorts or news to be posted there..

Regards

This. The inventory certainly appears to be updated as the available dates shift according to the 276-day window and current date. I'm quite sure that the inventory has nothing whatsoever to do with which site is being used any more than your gmail content is tied to the browser window you're using. The websote is just a portal into a database. And the database is updated.

Cheers.

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
As usual, I made a booking a few weeks earlier and updated it everyday. Along the way, my reservation needed more points and fewer points. I changed the resort. So I think I did most of basic actions necessary to manage my reservation at the new website.

Curious as to what you mean. Was this some sort of strategy in getting what you needed? I've heard of making a three day reservation and then adding additional days as they come available but not sure if this is what you were referring to. Thanks!

Maverick1963

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Flamingo
Curious as to what you mean. Was this some sort of strategy in getting what you needed? I've heard of making a three day reservation and then adding additional days as they come available but not sure if this is what you were referring to. Thanks!

RX8, let me try. When I make a Club reservation, I will put a tentative reservation first. Hopefully at your desired resort and in your preferred room type. Depending upon season and room type, it can be one month before. For this year, I made the initial reservation two weeks earlier. Everyday you move your reservation by one day as the Club Reservation window allows you to do so.

At the end of the day, if your desired week has no vacancy, this approach is meaningless.

However, Club Reservation requires three nights as minimum. This is a key. Assume the home resort week starts on Saturday and you have three nights from Wednesday to Friday, the last three days of Club Reservation Window. Once you can move your reservation just one day and make it three nights from Thursday to Saturday. Theoretically you have got what you want.

It's because "getting the first night of the week"- Saturday in this case - means 1) the whole week is available (no home resort reservation there) and 2) no one else cannot come in. In this approach, you do not have to wait until the timing when your check out date allows you to make reservation. You make a tentative reservation some days or weeks earlier, move your reservation everyday and you keep your advantageous position everyday until you reach your week.

I hope I have made myself clear enough.

Last edited:

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
This. The inventory certainly appears to be updated as the available dates shift according to the 276-day window and current date. I'm quite sure that the inventory has nothing whatsoever to do with which site is being used any more than your gmail content is tied to the browser window you're using. The websote is just a portal into a database. And the database is updated.

Cheers.

ah, OK. Good to know. I was just going by the message that stated:

"Effective January 1, 2017 www.hgvclub.com is no longer being updated. You must use the all-new club.hiltongrandvacations.com to see the latest updates for 2017."

and incorrectly assumed they meant the inventory data as opposed to say, web-code.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
In the dvc world it is called "walking" a reservation.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
I think we are going to have to be OK with the new website, I received an email this morning from HGVC...........

"The New Year is here, and so are some changes to our website for Club Members.

As of February 1, 2017, hgvclub.com and myhiltonclub.com will retire, and club.hiltongrandvacations.com will be the official place to view your points balance, reservations, upcoming loan and maintenance fee payments, and more – all on one convenient and centralized location. "

I assume by retire means that they will take down the current site and set up redirects to the new site only.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
I haven't used the new site for bookings since last Aug/Sept to book my 2017 trip.

Is there a better way to search for availability across multiple resorts within a region?

For regions that have multiple resorts, it seems that I still need to look at each unit type for each resort to see availability across multiple months.
However the popup calendar is misleading since it's displaying all available dates instead of just the dates that satisfies the 3 night minimum for the Club Reservation Window (which the Classic and Revolution Reservation system does today).

As most folks know, some locations are harder to book than Orlando and Vegas. And if you decide to take a trip to one of these locations months after the Club Reservation begins, you might be looking at very limited availability. So now, you just want to quickly see the leftover inventory to decide if any of the remaining dates will work for you and your family.

For example, from time to time there are some great airfare sales. Classic and Revolution allow you to see all availability across all unit types in a region (like Oahu) using the rolling/scrollable calendar. This allows me to quickly find travel dates for my minimum number of nights (if any are available) that can work with the available airfare sale dates and my work calendar.

Last edited:

Maverick1963

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Flamingo
In Japan, as well, HGVC sent email regarding the old website. Reading a local BBS, looks like owners still have troubles and some cannot make reservation at the new website. I might have been fortunate because I was able to book an OF 2BR very smoothly. To the point alwysonvac mentioned, I think HGVC must provide at least a function to show vacant days and weeks for each resort like the one we see at RCI/HGVC website. It is indeed annoying to input all different dates and weeks on a resort basis.

traacs

TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree that HGVC did not do a good job on the new web site. Booking a time share works well when there is only one in a city or region but Honolulu , it took me over 1 hour to try to find space in April at one of the facilities on Oahu and then trying to coordinate flights as well. Something that with the old system only took about 10 min. If in Oahu for us it does not mater where we stay it is all within walking distance of what we enjoy and before we could easily book within days of leaving.

jestme

Reaction score
I agree that HGVC did not do a good job on the new web site. Booking a time share works well when there is only one in a city or region but Honolulu , it took me over 1 hour to try to find space in April at one of the facilities on Oahu and then trying to coordinate flights as well. Something that with the old system only took about 10 min. If in Oahu for us it does not mater where we stay it is all within walking distance of what we enjoy and before we could easily book within days of leaving.
I 100% agree. Las Vegas and Orlando is the same. It used to take 2 minutes to see what was available, when, if there was room overlap, what room types, etc. Now, it is a scratch pad of paper, continual individual retrievals to look up stuff, write down, and a real pain. The site probably works not bad for "home Season", where you want to check in on Saturday, in a particular room size and type, it's just a matter of which Saturday. It doesn't work well for "Club Season", nor "Open Season" at all. For those of us who will match the airfare / travel dates to the room availability, needing to know the exact dates to search with is backwards.

levatino

TUG Member
Reaction score
One small step backward for mankind. Why can't thjngs be successfully pilot tested.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
I 100% agree. Las Vegas and Orlando is the same. It used to take 2 minutes to see what was available, when, if there was room overlap, what room types, etc. Now, it is a scratch pad of paper, continual individual retrievals to look up stuff, write down, and a real pain. The site probably works not bad for "home Season", where you want to check in on Saturday, in a particular room size and type, it's just a matter of which Saturday. It doesn't work well for "Club Season", nor "Open Season" at all. For those of us who will match the airfare / travel dates to the room availability, needing to know the exact dates to search with is backwards.

There may be some hope. I let them know (again) of the lack created by not having something like Revolution (multiple resorts and time-scroll), and they said

HGVC CS said:
Hello - Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding the new website. We have received a lot of feedback specifically to the reservation system and are currently working to enhance the booking system to meet our members requests and expectations. The new reservation system will soon work more like the Revolution system provided on our old website. This enhancement is scheduled for completion sometime in the second quarter of 2017.

We'll have to see what "more like" means, but it seems that they are listening...

Cheers.

1Kflyerguy

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
I wish they would add the point charts for some of the new properties, like Ocean Oak, and Grand Islander... I have seen those posted on TUG, so I know they exist and should not be hard to attach under the additional details tab like the other resorts..

As for the booking issues, i just got email from HGVC this morning claiming more improvements. including improved searching for availability, details to be announced in the April newsletter.

holdaer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Parc Soleil, a HGVC
Paradise, a HGVC
I wish they would add the point charts for some of the new properties, like Ocean Oak, and Grand Islander... I have seen those posted on TUG, so I know they exist and should not be hard to attach under the additional details tab like the other resorts..

As for the booking issues, i just got email from HGVC this morning claiming more improvements. including improved searching for availability, details to be announced in the April newsletter.

In addition, I wish they would add point charts for....

1. The District, Washington DC
2. The Residences, NY
3. LAT20 Playa Del Carmen, Mexico (and add listing w/ photos)
4. Fiesta Americana Puerto Vallarta (and add listing w/ photos)