• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Aruba King rental of Surf Club

WyldSmurf

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Legends Edge
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Destination Points
Since my question is focused on a site that only has Aruba Surf Club and Ocean Club for rental I figured it fit better here on the Marriott thread than the general renting, please move if I am wrong, thanks

I posted a spring break week rental for March 2018 of the Aruba Surf Club on Tug and RedWeek today and got an almost instant contact with an offer to rent for slightly less than posting price. From a website called Aruba King and the owner named Alec.

I asked about their process and received the following
"I send out a rental agreement which we both electronically sign. I then send 50% non refundable deposit and the remaining balance by December 1 2017 also non refundable. Please let me know if that works."

I wanted to know if anyone else has heard of or has experiences with aruba king to help ensure this is legitimate. The contact happened so fast it has made me wonder and I was not able to find out additional information from searching.

Thank you in advance

Last edited:

drlee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Search for Aruba King....website shows info but no prices. Claim availability all year.

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
With time such as it is until check-in date and the proposed deal the owner is taking very little risk and if somehow this is fraud you'll know well before check-in and will be able to find another renter. This is often the payment terms I offer if the renter doesn't take my "full payment upfront price". I do ask for more than 50% upfront and make it clear final payment needs to be on or before 90 days or the unit gets relisted and renter possibly forfeits all or some of the deposit.

This way you'll have the deposit already cleared and in your account and if by chance they don't pay final payment you relist with the likelyhood you're find a renter that will make you whole. Then any extra you get you can return to the renter.

I've rented my units over 125 times and only once did this happen and the person wasn't trying to scam me but just realized she couldn't go and wanted to see if I could get her any of her money back. I ended up getting all but $100 back to her and I got my full rental amount so it worked out good for both. It worked because I had the 90 days to relist which this guy is offering you and I was able to find another renter. This was a Maui unit but a Aruba view unit I imagine would behave the same.