• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Aruba or.....Where?

coachb

TUG Member
Reaction score
My wife and I have been to Aruba a couple of times and LOVED the island. My dilemma is while I'd be content to return to the Playa Linda again and again, my wife would like to explore the idea of visiting another island. I've searched several threads here and there's a wealth of information, to the point where I'm a bit overloaded (this place has rainy season, that place has a small beach and has more mountanous terrain, etc). We'd be going next May and like a nice mix of fine dining and a bit of a party scene. We'd need to be on a beach that stretchs a bit as we enjoy long walks on the beach and sun bathing. I know I've just described Palm Beach which I love (with the exception of the v tranquil water as I enjoy body surfing and the squishiness of the sand as I get past waist deep water.....I know I'm nitpicking). We're not into gambling and would probably do one or two excursions in a week. If considered safe, we'll go off the beaten path and explore a bit. I hope this question isn't too broad but, any suggestions?

Pappy Mentos

Reaction score
Stay on Seven Mile Beach in Grand Cayman-it is the only island we have been to that compares to Aruba.

coachb

TUG Member
Reaction score
Stay on Seven Mile Beach in Grand Cayman-it is the only island we have been to that compares to Aruba.

Is there a timeshare on Seven Mile Beach that trades with II that people would recommend?

daka630

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Divi Village Golf & Beach Resort, Divi Aruba Phoenix Beach Resort, Playa Grande - Cabo St Lucas
Give a look at Provo over at the Turks & Caicos.

ilene13

TUG Member
Reaction score
This coming Christmas and New Years will be our 29th consecutive trip during that timeframe to Aruba. We used to go to a different island every year. When we started going to Aruba we found perfect weather and we have not missed a year since. We do go to other islands different times of the year. On Grand Cayman we stayed on 7 mile beach but at a hotel. I think the timeshares are at the other end of the island. Of all the islands we've been to Grand Cayman is my least favorite. IMHO Cancun is a great alternative. The beaches are fabulous and there are many upscale restaurants. There are a lot of timeshares but make sure you do not look at All Inclusives.

classiclincoln

TUG Member
Reaction score
We've been to a bunch of island and loved Aruba too. In fact, we loved it so much we just bought a condo.
We don't like Mexico and if you want to go to Cayman Islands, check out the Grand Caymanian. We stayed there one year and liked it. We also liked Belize, but you have to take a water taxi (some free) to get around. We just got exchanges to St Thomas and St Kitts and it will be our first time there.

Theousaf

TUG Member
Reaction score
My wife and I are avid travelers and have stayed on many of the more popular caribbean islands. When I found Aruba, I know it was going to be the only caribbean islands I'd visit going forward. What I love about Aruba and hate about other islands are as follows: No beggars, great drinking water, the Arubians are friendly and like Americans. It is below the hurricane belt, there really isn't a "rainy season". The Caribbean Sea is always between 83 and 86 degrees and the weather is terrific. As it is an arid island they get little rain, the white sand doesn't burn your feet and the trade winds are a welcome respite from the heat. The food is great, there are direct flights from Boston and it is only a 4 1/2 hour flight. We own 7 timeshare properties there and want to eventually buy twelve so we can stay there from Thanksgiving till Easter. We so love Aruba that we started some businesses there, and help the local orphanage. Hope this helps....it's merely my opinion.

jadejar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Morritt’s Tortuga, Morritt’s Seaside, Royal Dunes, Marriott Surfwatch, Marriott Grande Ocean, Moon Palace
If you are considering Grand Cayman, 7 Mile Beach Resort is not oceanfront but only about a 3 minute walk to the beach. All units are nicely furnished 2 bedrooms.

irishween

TUG Member
Reaction score
We've been to a bunch of island and loved Aruba too. In fact, we loved it so much we just bought a condo.
We don't like Mexico and if you want to go to Cayman Islands, check out the Grand Caymanian. We stayed there one year and liked it. We also liked Belize, but you have to take a water taxi (some free) to get around. We just got exchanges to St Thomas and St Kitts and it will be our first time there.
We are considering buying real estate in Aruba. could you pm me with where you bought and any helpful information. Aruba is my favorite island, also. we are heading there soon for two weeks.

richontug

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Please be aware that if you buy in Aruba, you can only stay for 6 months/year unless you go through hoops to change status.
Friends of us bought but have given up trying to get status changed. Our friends traded in Divi weeks for a condo at Divi Golf and Beach Resort.

Mahlon

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you are considering Grand Cayman, 7 Mile Beach Resort is not oceanfront but only about a 3 minute walk to the beach. All units are nicely furnished 2 bedrooms.
Second that. More like 1 minute walk to the beach :) :) with lots of good restaurants within walking distance

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Give a look at Provo over at the Turks & Caicos.

One of the Best beaches in the Caribbean, but only II and not a lot of deposits. Look for the Alexandra Resort
Grace Bay Beach is 12 miles long, and protected by a barrier reef, so no huge waves, unless there is a major storm.
aerial_600x400.jpg

http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/17/travel/tripadvisor-best-beaches-world-feat/

They have it ranked number 1, but they included the worse picture of it ever. Sand there is so soft. While Grace Bay is nice, my number 1 would have been #12 on there list. Was there in 2015 and it was magical. My resort in Maldives was also awesome.

Last edited:

classiclincoln

TUG Member
Reaction score
The 6 month thing is not a problem; only gonna be spending Jan., Feb., and March there. In talking with people, most don't stay more than 3 or 4 months anyway. Yes, some do (was talking with someone who moved there permanently) but for 99% of the people, it's not a problem.

Irishween, will be sending you a PM.