• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Baja Point at Los Cabos Resort - a new Vistana resort showing up in Interval

PamMo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I saw a new Vistana resort - Baja Point at Los Cabos Resort - in an Interval search today. (See sightings board.)

Baja Point at Los Cabos has studio and one- to three-bedroom villas, each with a spectacular view of the Sea of Cortez. The resort shares amenities with The Westin Los Cabos Resort & Spa, including a playground, sauna, and hot tub. The beach and activities such as fishing, sailing, scuba diving, and horseback riding are nearby. Guests can also enjoy golf and tennis in the area.

NEW MEMBER RESORT

Looking at the photos, it appears to be units in the Grand Regina section of the sprawling resort. We've stayed there in the past, and it is very nice. There is no information on Baja Point in the Vistana website, though. A bit strange.

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
I saw that last night. Our friends have owned there for years and love it. I believe that theirs traded through The Registry Collection in RCI. It was hit pretty hard by Odile so I imagine that the rooms are like new now. Good to add to an OGS.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
When Starwood owned the TS Mgmt. company, they managed resorts that were not part of the SVN - I imagine that it is the same with Vistana, and this resort is managed by Vistana, but not in the [VVN].

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
That too! ;)

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I am not sure why you think this is a Vistana resort? There is nothing in the resort details in II that would make one think it is a Vistana resort. If you look at the http://www.bajapointloscabos.com/ website, you will see that the property is affiliated with Starwood/Marriott International. It appears to be managed Starwood, now Marriott International. Marriott has a similar property in Aruba, that being the Renaissance Aruba in downtown Oranjestad. That property is in no way affiliated with Marriott Vacation Club. It doesn't look like Baja Point at Los Cabos Resort is affiliated with Vistana or ILG in any way other than they have some reciprocal access to facilities at the Westin Los Cabos Resort & Spa.

youppi

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am not sure why you think this is a Vistana resort? There is nothing in the resort details in II that would make one think it is a Vistana resort. If you look at the http://www.bajapointloscabos.com/ website, you will see that the property is affiliated with Starwood/Marriott International. It appears to be managed Starwood, now Marriott International. Marriott has a similar property in Aruba, that being the Renaissance Aruba in downtown Oranjestad. That property is in no way affiliated with Marriott Vacation Club. It doesn't look like Baja Point at Los Cabos Resort is affiliated with Vistana or ILG in any way other than they have some reciprocal access to facilities at the Westin Los Cabos Resort & Spa.
The web site in the Contact Information is vistana.com
upload_2017-8-11_22-14-30.png

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
The Westin Los Cabos Resort Villas and Spa is definitly a Vistana property. It is one of the properties that was spun off of Starwood with the Vistana transaction. It is being converted to 1BR and 2BR villas to be sold in the Westin Adventuras flex program. I think the www.vistana.com link in the contact information for Baja Point is a mistake.

youppi

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Westin Los Cabos Resort Villas and Spa is definitly a Vistana property. It is one of the properties that was spun off of Starwood with the Vistana transaction. It is being converted to 1BR and 2BR villas to be sold in the Westin Adventuras flex program. I think the www.vistana.com link in the contact information for Baja Point is a mistake.
The sleeping capacity at The Westin may also be inaccurate (e, 2, 2 and 3 bdrm) if it's 1 and 2 bdrm only.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
The sleeping capacity at The Westin may also be inaccurate (e, 2, 2 and 3 bdrm) if it's 1 and 2 bdrm only.
I think I was wrong actually. I think it is only studio and 2BR units. There is also a "Governor's Suite", but even when looking on the floor plans on the Vistana website, it doesn't even look like a 3BR. On the hotel website for the property, they only show studio, 1BR and 2BR units. Though in the past I do recall seeing the Governor's Suite there and thought it was a 3BR, but I could be wrong. I would go by how Vistana.com has them listed in how what unit types they plan to have at the property long term. It is still in active conversion from hotel units to timeshare villas.

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score
What caught my attention was the same as what Youppi highlighted above - the vistana.com link for more information. It is also identified as a NEW MEMBER RESORT. Grand Regina has been around for many years, and has been available as a trade in Interval, if you had enough pull to get it. I'm curious to see if Grand Regina/Baja Point's affiliation has changed.

The history of Grand Regina is convoluted. They were sold as very high end, luxury fractionals. When they were new - they were absolutely stunning! I know several Seattle tech guys who bought them in the pre-construction stage. There was always a question about what their relationship was going to be with Westin/Starwood (intentionally confusing by the salespeople, IMO). Many owners thought Grand Regina would be in a Starwood version of the Hyatt Residence Club. Didn't happen. Grand Regina ended up affiliated with the Club Regina Resorts (even though they were way above the quality of the Club Regina properties). Eventually Club Regina was bought out by Raintree. When I saw the exchange in Interval, I wondered if Grand Regina owners were finally able to get their wish, and turned management over to Vistana? As Dioxide pointed out, I see that the smaller villas are available on the hotel website.

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Used to own: WKORV-N; SVV - Bella
From the Baja Point website:

Is Baja Point a timeshare development?

No. A PRC or fractional has considerably more flexibility as it concerns broader access to use - not limited to use during specific time slots – and owners can stay in different residences. Additionally, Private Residence Ownership is deeded ownership no different than owning your own home. Timeshares in Mexico are not deeded and have expiration on the years of ownership. Timeshare owners do not control their ownership and the Homeowners Association as they do at Baja Point.

http://www.bajapointloscabos.com/FAQ.aspx