• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Believe it or not - I went to a Wyndham Sales Presentation

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Some of what I bought qualified to be converted and some didnt, It seems that deeds originally sold by Pahio (whether I purchased them from Pahio or not) qualified, but deeds originally sold by wyndham would not qualify if I had bought them on the secondary market. And like you the ones that qualified would make me VIP. (its the Platinum VIP status that would give you the 50% discount they offered. Of course since you cant cancel and rebook for a discount anymore, you wont get the discount every time like they said.

I did the deal. I had to buy one small new contract for each group of three deeds I wanted to convert, plus $89/deed. so I spent about $25000 to convert 6 deeds You would have spent $31000.. So not that much different. Except that my deal gave me a Platinum VIP account when Platinum VIP was worth something

For those of you that still want a VIP account on the cheap, Denise just gave you the road forward.
Can you still buy Pahio week deeds resale and convert them to points? I thought that stopped a few months ago unless you purchased the weeks before the change.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Yes - that is exactly what I was talking about in post #1.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes - that is exactly what I was talking about in post #1.
Did you buy your weeks before February ? I'm talking if you bought resale weeks today can it still be done ?
I called Bali Hai sales office in January and tried to buy weeks to convert. I was told they could no longer do it.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Yes - I bought them in the past. [Sorry - I misunderstood your original question.] I have no idea what the rules are now.

Last edited:

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Hotel pool looks nice but do you have a picture of the KBV's pool?

Who needs a pool in Hawaii when you have the ocean and all those beautiful beaches? When we were in Hawaii we never swam in a pool.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did you buy your weeks before February ? I'm talking if you bought resale weeks today can it still be done ?
I called Bali Hai sales office in January and tried to buy weeks to convert. I was told they could no longer do it.

You can't buy weeks from the sales office.

VegasBella

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
Avenue Plaza
Riviera Beach & Spa
Aquamarine Villas
Who needs a pool in Hawaii when you have the ocean and all those beautiful beaches? When we were in Hawaii we never swam in a pool.

We swam in a pool once on our recent 10 day trip to Hawaii. The pool was exciting for our kiddo because this particular pool had cool colored lights at night that made the pool water change colors. He loved it.

Mostly I felt like the pool is for people who are nervous about the ocean or who don't like sand/rocks or when the surf is rougher than is safe. Or when you want to visit the pool side bar while sunbathing/swimming. Or night swimming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
We swam in a pool once on our recent 10 day trip to Hawaii. The pool was exciting for our kiddo because this particular pool had cool colored lights at night that made the pool water change colors. He loved it.

Mostly I felt like the pool is for people who are nervous about the ocean or who don't like sand/rocks or when the surf is rougher than is safe. Or when you want to visit the pool side bar while sunbathing/swimming. Or night swimming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
When our kids were small we always used the pool, in addition to going to the beach. There were times we thought the kids enjoyed the pool more. :)

We have also used the pool on days when it wasn't nice at the beach. This meant too windy to be comfortable, or it was just plain ugly in the morning which is when we usually go. So sometimes we'd just go out by the pool for awhile in the afternoon when it was nicer.

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
When our kids were small we always used the pool, in addition to going to the beach. There were times we thought the kids enjoyed the pool more. :)
We took the whole family to Kauai in 2008. We stayed at Hanalei Bay Resort (non-timeshare units) & Grand Hyatt. My girls strongly preferred the pools. We have a pool in the backyard and I wondered about the expense of flying them to Hawaii to sit around the pool! (But it was their vacation too, so I kept quiet). Then they all skipped the Captain Andy's trip to stay at the Hyatt and order room service. They had fun - so did we.

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
We took the whole family to Kauai in 2008. We stayed at Hanalei Bay Resort (non-timeshare units) & Grand Hyatt. My girls strongly preferred the pools. We have a pool in the backyard and I wondered about the expense of flying them to Hawaii to sit around the pool! (But it was their vacation too, so I kept quiet). Then they all skipped the Captain Andy's trip to stay at the Hyatt and order room service. They had fun - so did we.
Oh room service! My kids loved that. You don't get it at a timeshare (at least not the ones we stay at) so the first time we did it they were in heaven. Sometimes on trips my dh would do a room service dessert for them.

And we also had a pool at home.

tfalk

Reaction score
Just came back from the same presentation at Bali Hai, $100 amex gift card. Since we own 3 deeded weeks at
KaEoKai, they immediately tried the push for platinum, always able to book at 50% of the point value, etc.
I wanted to see how far they would push but they really didn't push that hard. When I finally said no and that
we were considering ovation for 2 of the weeks, he came back with a cheaper package to convert that week
and end up vip silver instead. Still too much money, I think it was $12.5K plus the 2395 conversion fee.
I was really surprised he let me keep the sheets with the sales pitch numbers on them.

Thinking at this point we may ovation the 2 older weeks and keep the best view one for now, then maybe pickup a WKORV
resale down the road to go with our EOY WPORV.

crowmg

TUG Member
Reaction score
We do timeshare presentations while on vacation and usually on one of our quiet days but we don't take an offer from the resort, but from the little kiosks that we see in shopping areas. They offer the best "prizes" for our time. We know it will take half a day to do it but it's always good to check out the presentations. The hubby used to hate it but he now has learned how to deal with them as I have. As with DeniseM we find the salespeople and their managers are so overzealous and we have had a few that were downright nasty to us but we never take it personal. It can be an adventure if you have the right attitude!

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.
We always use the pool: my wife is wheelchair bound, so needs the lift to get in and out; I prefer swim up bars!!!! But the kids and grandkids tend to use the beach, use the pool as an end of day refreshing break.

Picker57

TUG Member
Reaction score
One thing I learned is that the activity prices that they offer are not any lower (or just a few dollars lower) than the prices that I can book for myself online.

Very interesting. We've always attended the Shell "updates" just to get discounts on some of the activities listed on their "Diamond Card". I've been quite disappointed in their golf discounts and we've already done most of the pricier ones anyway (plus I don't do boats). As I recall they did have good discounts on luaus, so that was nice when we had family visiting. But will definitely go online before we head back to Big Island in October....maybe can avoid the sales pitch this time.

ZK

Picker57

TUG Member
Reaction score
We do timeshare presentations while on vacation and usually on one of our quiet days but we don't take an offer from the resort, but from the little kiosks that we see in shopping areas. They offer the best "prizes" for our time. We know it will take half a day to do it but it's always good to check out the presentations. The hubby used to hate it but he now has learned how to deal with them as I have. As with DeniseM we find the salespeople and their managers are so overzealous and we have had a few that were downright nasty to us but we never take it personal. It can be an adventure if you have the right attitude!

I agree - the right attitude helps a LOT. In all the years we've been attending these, we've only had one person that got absolutely snarky with us. The others have been pleasant and respectful of the fact that we already had more points than we could use, and the sessions turned into pleasant visits. Sure, you have to accept the fact that they're spewing bull "stuff" and not let it bother you. Some members seem to relish getting into arguments with these people. Hey, whatever makes your boat float.....

-Zach

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
There was a post on bluegreen timeshare secrets of a list of questions you should bring with, including show me in the contract were it says that, log me in to your personal account and show me what is available, let me take the contract with me and read it over, enough questions to give salesperson conniptions. The one person thought that was mean, and is being scammed with replies.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
-The "concierge" at the KBV office told us the "owner's update" would only be 45 min.
-On the form we had to sign for the presentation, she wrote 60 min.
-The presentation was actually 90 min.

Overall, as presentations go, it wasn't bad....

...just 45 minutes longer than promised.

overthehill

TUG Review Crew: ELITE
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark since 1998 - Stayed at WM 61 resorts so far, but slowing down
Thank you, Denise. Your experience as described was not unlike those we have had the pleasure (?) of sitting through before. Having been to many such presentations since 1985, they're all pretty much the same except the misrepresentations have grown exponentially. I always tell my friends before they attend a timeshare presentation 'If the timeshare sales
person is moving their lips, they're lying.' Nothing's changed. Thank goodness TUG exists.

buzzytoes

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
We just did our owner's update today at Bali Hai. We are Club Wyndham Access owners, barely purchased eight months ago, and this is our first trip with Wyndham. Sales lady was very much "Access is okay but this offer is way better and you'll never get it anywhere else." Got a lot of "I love your this, I love your that, what a nice shirt you're wearing" sunshine b!owing everywhere, until we said no thanks. Her entire demeanor changed. Not such a good poker face on that particular sales agent.

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
We just did our owner's update today at Bali Hai. We are Club Wyndham Access owners, barely purchased eight months ago, and this is our first trip with Wyndham. Sales lady was very much "Access is okay but this offer is way better and you'll never get it anywhere else." Got a lot of "I love your this, I love your that, what a nice shirt you're wearing" sunshine b!owing everywhere, until we said no thanks. Her entire demeanor changed. Not such a good poker face on that particular sales agent.

Mind sharing what the offer was?

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
It's been recently renovated, but it's small. You can't see it in this shot, but there is a shaded area (like a patio), a new bar-b-que area with nice bar-b-ques, counter, and sink, and a lower deck with lounges and umbrellas, as well.

View attachment 4462

I think this is the new pool look for KBV...nicely updated. You can use Google Maps street view to tour the resort.
We've been thinking this might make a nice week for touring the east/north side of the island.

BTW, Worldmark let me do an update (solo, imagine that) at Camlin last year. We got the short owner 'rah rah rah, sis boom bah....goooooo Wyndham!!!' speech at the start. It was very funny, as most of the owners were VERY experienced and knowledgeable and were asking questions (interrupting the presenter) that the poor lady couldn't begin to answer. Of course, each question clearly illuminated the fallacy of the points she was trying to make (or infer).
Overall though, the presentation was innocuous enough that it wasn't tough to sit through. When the closer started, I told her--and her mentor when he came over, she was new--that I was interested in one thing and one thing only. They made the pitch and gave me the numbers and explained that I was using my 'one time' offer so 'don't waste it unless you're serious' etc...
Overall, my experience was painless, short and very honest. Of course, the honesty began after my questions/statements made it clear that I would loudly and aggressively correct and question any statement that was adorned, dunked or painted with pure hogwash. This behavior is rather frowned upon in the middle of the sales-floor or presentation room. ;)

It is fun to sit and watch the whole machine in action. Kind of like watching a car-wreck; you just can't look away.

upload_2017-8-24_8-5-34.png

Last edited:

buzzytoes

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
Mind sharing what the offer was?
We didn't even start talking numbers. She just told what the difference was between Access and being an owner at Bali Hai and that we would need to purchase another 120k points or so. We said no thanks, she mentioned how our maintenance fees would keep going up but Bali Hai's don't, we said no thanks again and I stood up from the table. Her attitude changed the minute we said no the first time lol

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
We didn't even start talking numbers. She just told what the difference was between Access and being an owner at Bali Hai and that we would need to purchase another 120k points or so. We said no thanks, she mentioned how our maintenance fees would keep going up but Bali Hai's don't, we said no thanks again and I stood up from the table. Her attitude changed the minute we said no the first time lol

Thanks.

philemer

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Schooner; Dikhololo, S.A.; Club Wyndham; Worldmark.
I dont think we will go back - I was kind of entertained by the whole thing, but DH despises sales presentations! We carefully preserved the armbands to use next time. ;)

They'll probably change the color next year. :D I'll ck. in Jan. to see what the color is then.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It's possible, but the the hotel changes their armband color every day - 7 different colors, so Wyndham choose "gold" for the one you get for the sales presentation, so it's not one of the daily colors. They can't really use one of the existing 7 colors, because it would be confusing.