• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Best Hyatt to buy with changes coming

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
My sister is looking to buy into either Hyatt or I am thinking Vistanna. They will mainly use it to try different places but live in the Boston area so she is thinking Florida or even Sedona as we own there. I am not sure if Hyatt is likely to do ROFR in Florida right now so am wondering if Sedona is a better deal. The other option is to buy Vistanna mandatory resort. We haven't jumped yet but are considering Vistanna as well. Thought I would check with folks here first before I advise her

lizap

TUG Member
Reaction score
My sister is looking to buy into either Hyatt or I am thinking Vistanna. They will mainly use it to try different places but live in the Boston area so she is thinking Florida or even Sedona as we own there. I am not sure if Hyatt is likely to do ROFR in Florida right now so am wondering if Sedona is a better deal. The other option is to buy Vistanna mandatory resort. We haven't jumped yet but are considering Vistanna as well. Thought I would check with folks here first before I advise her

Love our Hyatt, Westin combination. I would wait to buy Hyatt until PPP details are officially announced.

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Love our Hyatt, Westin combination. I would wait to buy Hyatt until PPP details are officially announced.
Thank you. I would have encouraged Hyatt a yr ago but don't want any regrets.

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.
Thank you. I would have encouraged Hyatt a yr ago but don't want any regrets.
I just bought 2 Hyatt deeded weeks/units and an EOY Hyatt week/unit to use as our fixed vacation destinations, primarily due to their top tier quality and location (within driving distance). We have very little intention in trading. And I'm waiting to hear whether another week passes Hyatt's ROFR... Hyatt pricing seems very reasonable right now, probably due to the upcoming "points" system.

WalnutBaron

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe
I see little downside in buying a fixed week at Hyatt, even if ROFR is exercised. Yes, it's a hassle if it happens, but as Kal has pointed out in other discussions, Hyatt's use if ROFR seems to be hit and miss. Owning fixed weeks in prime locations is a no-brainer.

I also like your idea of a mandatory Vistana. The only thing to think about is that ongoing MF's in the Vistana system are typically higher than most Hyatt properties.

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I see little downside in buying a fixed week at Hyatt, even if ROFR is exercised. Yes, it's a hassle if it happens, but as Kal has pointed out in other discussions, Hyatt's use if ROFR seems to be hit and miss. Owning fixed weeks in prime locations is a no-brainer.

I also like your idea of a mandatory Vistana. The only thing to think about is that ongoing MF's in the Vistana system are typically higher than most Hyatt properties.
Thank you. I would most like for them to get Hyatt as we own 2 weeks and it would be great for family reunions. We are in Pinon Pointe with them next week. Does anyone know if they are introducing the PPP there during owners updates or are they still selling weeks there?

Sapper

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Based on what I have read in the other thread, they are hocking the points program now. Wouldn't you rather help them buy resale though?

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Based on what I have read in the other thread, they are hocking the points program now. Wouldn't you rather help them buy resale though?
Absolutely was just hoping to get clarity but probably will not give us new info

Kal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Absolutely was just hoping to get clarity but probably will not give us new info
Clarity might very well cast huge questions on the entire program. The hucksters are playing up the Points Program and confusing it with the legacy program. I would start at the price (e.g. $48K) of the Points Program, then if any interest, advance a step to evaluate the benefits. If the price is a deal killer, why waste any time with all the fluff.

Binspira

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree
I just bought 2 Hyatt deeded weeks/units and an EOY Hyatt week/unit to use as our fixed vacation destinations, primarily due to their top tier quality and location (within driving distance). We have very little intention in trading. And I'm waiting to hear whether another week passes Hyatt's ROFR... Hyatt pricing seems very reasonable right now, probably due to the upcoming "points" system.

Can you share here or PM me regarding the 2 Hyatt deeded weeks that you purchased? Would like to get an idea of what a good value is for this and you are very knowledgeable on their system. thanks, Binspira

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.
Can you share here or PM me regarding the 2 Hyatt deeded weeks that you purchased? Would like to get an idea of what a good value is for this and you are very knowledgeable on their system. thanks, Binspira
We purchased 2 x 2000 point weeks at HWOR (San Antonio, June weeks), one for $7000 and one for $6900. Also an EOY 1400 point week at HWOR (April Week) for $200.

bradfordHI

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DRI Hawaii Collection 74,000 points

Westin 2 Bedroom Maui; selling it now.
2 bedroom ocean Front Hyatt week 51. We Rent it on VRBO only.
What your MF for the Hyatt in Texas

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Is there a list of MFs for Hyatt? I know Vistana has a link for that. I'm also curious about fees at Coconut Plantation for 2000 pts. Does anyone have that info?

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
What your MF for the Hyatt in Texas
We pay $1256/year which gets a 2/2L week 23 and $1256/year which gets us a 2/2 week 22. These are both 2000 point weeks.