• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Best Timeshare Program for AZ/CA/NV

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I own a VRI resort in Ft Lauderdale.

RCI points owners gets at 13 months out get to book the HOME WEEK, at 12 months out booking window is the HOME RESORT and at 11 months out, get an early booking window of HOME GROUP resorts... other VRI resorts. At 10 months, any available RCI points can be booked.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I own a 2BR at Villas of Sedona in VRI, and RCI Points, and frankly it was my first TS (bought resale of course) and it's still my favorite, though I've only stayed there once. We have literally travelled the world on those points. Probably not the world's greatest bargain, 57,500 points for MF of about $750iirc, but we still can't use all the points for the way we travel. I think there are something like 115,000 in the account and no place we want to put forth the energy to go.

Jim

humor_monger

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I've recently picked up rentals through Veterans Holidays. There is also Armed Forces Holidays. Both are Wyndham. They show requirements to join but no followup to confirm you are or were in the military. I usually start looking on the $299/week specials and there is NO membership fee. Units are all over the world.

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I've recently picked up rentals through Veterans Holidays. There is also Armed Forces Holidays. Both are Wyndham. They show requirements to join but no followup to confirm you are or were in the military. I usually start looking on the $299/week specials and there is NO membership fee. Units are all over the world.

Aren't those the same things Wyndham rents out through RCI? I'm a Vet, and whenever I tried to use them, I found they weren't any different (or less expensive) and an RCI Extra Vacation. Maybe I missed something?

Dave

RNCollins

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tradewinds, Divi, Quarter House, Casa Ybel
Hi,
I’m not sure if this question has been asked before, so I am apologizing in advance if it has:

Could you recommend a Timeshare in Las Vegas on The Strip, that is right up in the action. It would be nice to walk in the evenings with friends when the heat cools, going shopping or going to shows, good restaurants, etc. A pool would be a plus too.

Many thanks,
Carol

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Hi,

Could you recommend a Timeshare in Las Vegas on The Strip, that is right up in the action. It would be nice to walk in the evenings with friends when the heat cools, going shopping or going to shows, good restaurants, etc. A pool would be a plus too.
HGVC at the Flamingo, HGVC at the Elara/Planet Hollywood, and Jockey Club (if you could get a view of the Bellagio fountains) are three that are in the center of the Strip. The Marriott Grand Chateau is also a close one.

If you come here in August, the heat may not cool in the evening, but the sun goes down so there's that! There are many nights when we watch the evening news at 11 pm and the temperature is still at 100!

RNCollins

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Which one does Trump own?

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Which one does Trump own?
The Trump. It is near the Wynn & Encore and the Fashion Show Mall on the northern part of the Strip.

RNCollins

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Trump. It is near the Wynn & Encore and the Fashion Show Mall on the northern part of the Strip.
Thank you, ill stay clear of there.

Thanks for the help Karen!

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thank you, ill stay clear of there.

Thanks for the help Karen!
It's a lovely property and there's no reason to avoid the area.

RichardL

TUG Member
Reaction score
I live in Phoenix and own a small resell timeshare at Wyndham. Overall I like it but was wondering what other timeshare has good units within driving distance from Phoenix, prefer Southern CA, Northern AZ, and Vegas area. To be honest I have not done a lot of research, figured I would reach out for suggestions. Not sure if there are only places that have such cheap resell like Wyndham. Really want a point program so I am not tied to one resort.

Appreciate any suggestions.
I am surprised no one has yet to mention Marriott. Units certainly in Ariz, So. Ca, and Las Vegas area. You can pick up a Palm Desert 2 bdrm unit on Ebay for $5, and it locks off into 2 units with a maintains fee of $1250 for two locked lock units. I have enjoyed ours for many years, and priority
if you trade thru ii say for Hawaii. PM if you have any questions.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Shell Vacation Resorts ... cheap/free. Wyndham brought them a few years ago. Western USA.

Icc5

TUG Member
Reaction score
We had owned 3 other timeshares when we bought into Worldmark. We bought into the Worldmark system for mainly two reasons. We started trading through RCI and almost all our trades went to different Worldmark properties and our other timeshares were week resorts and we were renting hotel rooms in between travels. Once in Worldmark we could stay there a day or two between resorts in our travels. We have 2 kids and live in California so traveled mostly by car to Arizona,Colorado,Utah,Oregon, and Washington.
Twenty years later the kids are grown so flying to Hawaii,Texas,Missouri,New Mexico among others has worked out great. In retirement now using Bonus time and Inventory specials have just enhanced our ownership.
Bart