• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Boardwalk Villas Virginia Beach questions

donnaval

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I was so happy to get out of my DRI ownership, but I see that if I want to exchange into Virginia Beach through II almost everything there is now owned by DRI. No problem, I don't mind exchanging in, but I'm concerned about daily resort fees I've heard that DRI has imposed. Does anyone know if they are charging a daily resort fee at the Boardwalk Villas? I exchanged into a 2-br that I understand is a lock-off, so if they are indeed charging a daily fee would I be forced to pay two daily fees? Also, what are the chances of at least part of the lock-off being oceanfront rather than western view? I have e-trade and can go somewhere else if the daily fee is going to be a problem. Any info would be appreciated.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
If you exchanged in with a singe exchange there is only one resort fee. You would only have to pay twice if you booked both sides separately. I don't know what DRI is charging.

In terms of view, exchangers into any of the Gold key never had priority on view. Look on your confirmation and see what unit type is listed. If it is a city view you won't get upgraded. If you have oceanfront or ocean view you may get downgraded or you may get what is listed. The more popular time of year the more likely you are to be downgraded.

RLS50

TUG Member
Reaction score
I strongly recommend that you call the Front Desk at Boardwalk directly and get those specific questions answered before you make a decision one way or the other. The staff there has always been friendly and helpful to us answering questions.

Tschwa2 is correct however that it should be only 1 fee. Also correct in the respect that since you are not an owner trading back in, you will most likely not get any priority when it comes to view assignments. You could get your requested view, but you can't assume you will. But I thought most of the 2BR units have oceanfront or ocean views? There could be 2BR units that have a city view, but I am not aware of any. That is another point I would clarify with the Front Desk.

Gold Key had a monopoly in Virginia Beach and owned most of the best properties there. Now Diamond has that monopoly of owning most of the best properties in Virginia Beach. II only lists the VB properties managed by Diamond (previously Gold Key). The only other Virginia Beach properties that are worth visiting are thru RCI or DAE.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
The two bedroom lockout. One bedroom will be ocean front with a full kitchen and a nice living room. The second bedroom is the lockout bedroom; it is separate from the one bedroom ocean front unit by the foyer. You will have a main enter door with a key to unit A and a key for unit B.

There are two (2) televisions in the ocean front unit and one television in the lockout unit.

The lockout unit will have a mini kitchen.

Both unit will have full bathrooms.

Please call the front desk about the fees charge. Parking was free at this resort.

Last edited:

donnaval

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the info. The fee is $7+ tax per day. They couldn't say anything about view because they don't have my reservation in the system until shortly before check-in. But since all units have balconies, it will be fine. I will never go back to Ocean Beach Club. The "cityview" units are horrible, very dark and both times we had one, our "cityview" was a parking lot. But the worst part of those units - no balconies. We weren't thrilled with Oceanaire either, because our balcony was classified as oceanview but you had to lean so far over the edge to see water that you were in danger of falling over the rail lol. It did get nice afternoon sun, though! Boardwalk's $7 fee is less than OBC or Oceanaire's parking fee.

Fairwinds

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I didn't think there was western view at the Boardwalk

donnaval

TUG Member
Reaction score
I didn't think there was western view at the Boardwalk

The Diamond website shows both a studio and one-bedroom option with "city view" - since it seems I will be getting a lock-off unit I just wondered if those two views were the result of splitting up a lock-off. I haven't stayed there, so I don't know.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
The lock out unit is the second bedroom it will be a city view unit. It is more of a view of the hotels view next door and the street view. The main one bedroom unit will have a direct ocean view/beach view and the view of the long VA Beach Boardwalk. It will have one full bath, a large living room area, a full kitchen. The unit will have two (2) televisions.Please look at the web page the city view units are the end unit with some ocean view.

Last edited: