• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Bonnet Creek Split reservation question....

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
If one has to make two reservations with separate unit numbers to make up the period they want (7 days or less in total), and the unit type is identical and common, how good is the resort about preventing them from having to move? Also, if there is no move, will Owner care fix the HK credits?

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Bonnet Creek is awesome at combining rooms as long as the unit type is the same. I would not be at all concerned about a room change.

I can't help you with housekeeping fee questions.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
I vaguely recall reading that if you do not move, the HK credits can be restored to your account. However, I don't believe it is automatic; you probably have to ask.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
They Kept me in the same room when I had different two room types. I had a 2 bedroom and a one bedroom to make up my reservation. I asked if there was a way to stay in the same room and of course I was willing to downgrade to the one bedroom to make it happen. The gave me the two.

This was for me so there was no guest fee involved but I imagine that you could get one of these back as well. Same as with housekeeping charges. You would have to contact owner care after check out and they would have to verify with the resort that it became one reservation

Good luck let us know what happens

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the responses. Is it necessary or even helpful to call the resort in advance to talk about this and possibly getting a view?

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
If you (an owner) are going, yes, call and request a view. For a guest, they will not take requests.

Anyone can pre-register the day of checkin and request (in person), owners have priority.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the responses. Is it necessary or even helpful to call the resort in advance to talk about this and possibly getting a view?

So you want a view too???

When people talk about the view here what they usually want is a view of the fireworks. For some of the buildings that means during the day your view is of the parking lot. The best view I ever got here was in building 3 I had a look at the lake during the day and I could see the fireworks at night

Last edited:

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
So you want a view too???

When people talk about the view here what they usually want is a view of the fireworks. For some of the buildings that means during the day your view is of the parking lot. The best view I ever got here was in building 3 I had a look at the lake erring the day and I could see the fireworks at night

Yep Bldg 3 lake is what I want LOL

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you (an owner) are going, yes, call and request a view. For a guest, they will not take requests.

Anyone can pre-register the day of checkin and request (in person), owners have priority.

Would they be manning the Front Desk at 7 AM?

OutSkiing

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Midtown 45, Bali Hai, Margaritaville

We seem to have split weeks quite often (maybe symptom of not reserving far enough in advance) and Wyndhams any locations been great about combining. I think they prefer to do that to avoid double housekeeping. At Bonnet Creek, I would take the lake view any day over the fireworks (if you can't get both as in building 3). Buildings 5 and 6 are newest and nice. We dashed over to building three last year and did catch the fireworks from the presidential model they keep open for that purpose, but fireworks were not so impressive off in the distance.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Guest fees will not be refunded for any reason. (Mostly). Even if guest is booked into the same unit number for 7 1 stays.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
Guest fees will not be refunded for any reason. (Mostly). Even if guest is booked into the same unit number for 7 1 stays.

What do you mean be guest fees? the RT fee and HK credits?

Last edited:

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I would guess he means Guest Confirmation fees. They are rarely refunded or comped, Wyndham really likes charging those Guest Confirmation dollars. I have never heard of Wyndham refunding Guest Confirmation fees for split reservations that were later combined.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would guess he means Guest Confirmation fees. They are rarely refunded or comped, Wyndham really likes charging those Guest Confirmation dollars. I have never heard of Wyndham refunding Guest Confirmation fees for split reservations that were later combined.

Ahh, I see. That won't be an issue here.

John_and_Val

Reaction score
My wife and I have stayed at Bonnet Creek a lot. Its our "Staycation"! Never had a problem with being moved. Always got to stay in same room.

Remember, Hollywood Studios now has a great fireworks display, right out you backdoor!!!! (We usually stay in Tower 6) Just need a lake/pool view. It is much better than the distant Magic Kingdom view.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
My wife and I have stayed at Bonnet Creek a lot. Its our "Staycation"! Never had a problem with being moved. Always got to stay in same room.

Remember, Hollywood Studios now has a great fireworks display, right out you backdoor!!!! (We usually stay in Tower 6) Just need a lake/pool view. It is much better than the distant Magic Kingdom view.

Oooooh, good info!

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks again to everyone for the perfect advice, as usual.

John and Val, by maps, it looks like Epcot is a little closer, but I have read reviews that their fireworks are lame compared to MK and Hollywood Studios. Would you concur with that?

John_and_Val

Reaction score
Epcot's night show is more of low lying effects.....still a great show but you have to be there to enjoy it. Flower and Garden show is going on now.

Hollywood Studio's new show is literally over the lake at Bonnet Creek. You can actually hear the music if its quit.

enutts

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai
How soon in advance should you call to request a specific tower and to see about combining a split reservation? Do you call Bonnet Creek directly or Wyndham?

enutts

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai
For a firework show is tower 6 still the best? Is there a better tower to request in general?

Last edited:

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
I don't know if they are still doing it but as a few months ago they had a place in Tower 1 where anyone could go to view the fireworks.

If you just made your reservation give the resort a day or two to get it in their system before you call. When you call ask them to link your reservations so the person assigning rooms is able to see your entire stay to keep you in the same unit. Bonnet Creek is very accommodating about keeping people in the same unit whenever possible.

whitewater

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach (1Br, 2Br)
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach - Monte Cristo Estates
I don't know if they are still doing it but as a few months ago they had a place in Tower 1 where anyone could go to view the fireworks.

If you just made your reservation give the resort a day or two to get it in their system before you call. When you call ask them to link your reservations so the person assigning rooms is able to see your entire stay to keep you in the same unit. Bonnet Creek is very accommodating about keeping people in the same unit whenever possible.
they still have the room.

Also tower 2 just got renovated and lake views get 2 of 3 fireworks from one side. we loved watching fireworks evernight.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
How soon in advance should you call to request a specific tower and to see about combining a split reservation? Do you call Bonnet Creek directly or Wyndham?

I'd say call and ask them now when a good time might be to call about requesting a specific room. I would guesstimate at least a week ahead of time if it's a high demand time. Some places you would only need to call a couple days before hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

enutts

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai
ok thanks! My reservation isn't until June so I'll probably need to wait until closer to then