• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2005 ] Booking Cruises--Website Recommendations

riverdees05

TUG Member
Reaction score
Where is the best place to book Disney Cruises?

Going to start a new Thread for this question.

Last edited:

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Southwest.com has some good deals on cruises.

Carolinian

TUG Member
Reaction score
For a no frills cruise at a rock bottom price - starting at $16 / night - try www.easycruise.com (from the founders of European LCC EasyJet). They do Southern Caribbean in winter and the Riviera in summer. Food is not included, and can be bought, pub-style, onboard or at restaurants ashore.

Fern Modena

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Sorry, but EasyCruise is not my idea of a cruise...its more like a tent vacation or even a "green tortoise" bus ride...It truly is no frills...you pay extra to get your bathroom cleaned (even more if you want the miniscule cabin cleaned).

Fern

Carolinian said:
For a no frills cruise at a rock bottom price - starting at $16 / night - try www.easycruise.com (from the founders of European LCC EasyJet). They do Southern Caribbean in winter and the Riviera in summer. Food is not included, and can be bought, pub-style, onboard or at restaurants ashore.

islandman

Reaction score
cruise agent with great website

Try out 7blueseas.com for a website with more infomation in a more beautiful format than any I have found. So much ship information, destination information, and easy and fun to use...I even print from the website when I cruise. They give really great deals on cruises, and are very friendly. Just check their site, and if you like what you see, give them a call to check them out...tell them Jim from Nebraska recommended them. Kiet is the agent I have booked with before, and sent others his way. Even if you don't choose them to book with, you will find a VERY NICE web site

BigGag

TUG Member
Reaction score
Costco

Go to all of those places and find the cheapest rate. Then call Costco and they will beat it by 10%. They also have the cheapest travel insurance by far. ;)

granpabush

TUG Member
Reaction score
Question on bookings

My wife and I are retired giving us flexibilty with our time. We have, on occassion, been be vacationing in cities from which cruises depart from, i.e. San Deigo. If there are departures at the time we are there - is there a way to make a reservation to get on the cruise? And if so, is it any less expensive than planning ahead?

Granpabush to my grandkids , Rich to my friends

vlariano

TUG Member
Reaction score
II

Has anyone tried II's travel service for cruise pricing? Not trading y our week, but just using them as a travel agency. I was wondering how they compare to the others.

shrose

Reaction score
Cruise Compete

I just used Cruise Compete to get prices for 3 cabins/10 people and recieved a response from genxcruises.com for $2000 less. has any one have any experience with this company?

MusicMan

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'll cast another vote fore cruisequick.com. While I always check several places, they frequently have sigificant savings over others and I've always received good service from them (with the limited scope of service that they offer...as indicated above it's not for everyone).

julle

TUG Member
Reaction score
Do not overlook the cruise compaanies own websites.

We are going on our first cruise in January and the prices for the particular cruise was the samt on many of the websites quotes as well as on TCCL's own website.

We choose to book directly with RCCL so in case something does not go right, at least we do not have to worry about the reseller.

Bee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Cruise Agents

I booked a cruise directly with RCI and now I'm thinking of transferring the booking to either Cruse-N-More or Cruisequick.com. Both are offering shipboard credit as an incentive for the booking with them. Cruise-N-More is offering slightly more. I have shopped both agencies, but never booked with either. I've seen mostly positive comments on Cruisequick, but not much about Cruise-N-More. Anyone have any experience positive or negative with Cruise-N-More?

Thank you,
Sandy

Fern Modena

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I've booked my last two cruises through Crucon. They're hard to beat. Any promotion I've seen elsewhere they also have. PLUS, they'll discount an additional 5% off that, and frequently upgrade to the next highest cabin class. And they have a loyalty club where you get higher discounts or bonuses on some cruises once you've cruised with them.

They have deals going on all the time, so it is good to get on their mailing lists. Once you see something you like, you call and leave a message and somebody calls you back. You book with a real, live person, who will also be available on email once you've booked.

Fern

rockedge

TUG Member
Reaction score
All these are good.

I like all the responses but I also find that you can get even better prices by talking to some of these companies by phone. This is especially true since a few companies no longer allow agencies to advertise low prices on the web that are not approved by those companies. But; when you talk to them by phone a number of agencies will give you an even better price or upgrades or add ons.

Art

TUG Member
Reaction score
Skyscraper Tours

We have booked several cruises through www.skyscrapertours.com and been very pleased. The only time we had a problem, an on-board credit that did not show up on our account, a check was in the mail as soon as I mentioned it.

The owner, Lori Cunningham, does only cruises, and has a major fan base over on cruisecritic.com She seems to have connections with the cruise lines that allow her to price competitively. Lori or her assistant are very quick to respond to any questions that are raised.

The other thing that makes her amazing is that she has built her reputation working from an office in Arkansas.

Art

sean

TUG Member
Reaction score
skyauction

Hi-

I used to have a phone number for customer service at sky auction, can't find it. Can anybody help?

Thanks in advance,
Sean

icydog

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have used Costco for most of our cruises and have been amazed at their pricing. Also they take the time with you to help you select something you will like (not always the case but most of the time).

My question is: If you book a cruise with say, Costco, and then find a better price on say, Cruises To Go, can CTG switch your reservation to their company without any fuss?

pointsjunkie

TUG Member
Reaction score
after you go on all the cruise sites, make a copy of the best price and then go on you favorite airline site(not jetblue or southwest) that you have miles with and go on their site for cruises. they will match the price and will give you miles for the cruise. i do it every time i cruise.

TravlGrl

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
How does that work? For example, I have my miles with Alaska, but their cruise prices are more expensive than what I found through www.cruisecompete.com

I had 6 agents bid on my cruise, and I took the one that was second to lowest in pricing (he had a good customer review rating). Anyhow, his pricing is $600 lower ($300/person) than Alaska Airlines' price. Are you saying that if I were to call Alaska Airlines, and show them the pricing he is giving me on the cruise, that they would match it and I would get my miles out of it? I booked my last cruise (before this one) on Alaska Airlines, but would rather save the $ than get the miles. If I can get both, I would do it, but logistically, how does that work?

tj