• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Cabo Resort Advice Needed.

nimrod

TUG Member
Reaction score
For those Cabo experts, if you had a choice between a 2BR unit available at Playa Grande vs. a 1 BR at Fiesta Americana, which would you choose and why? Thanks!

rpennisi

Reaction score
I don't know about Fiesta Americana as a resort, but Playa Grande is an excellent resort in a good location. Fiesta Americana is outside town and would require cab rides.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
Are you going to have a rental car? If not choose a resort in the town of Cabo San Lucas or San Jose del Cabo. We prefer San Jose del Cabo. Looks like you are heading to Cabo San Lucas.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
Playa Grande is closer to San Lucas.

Fiesta Americana is a gorgeous resort and about a $20 cab ride to town.

nimrod

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is it fairly easy to get around with a car in the Cabo area, especially with traffic, parking availability, safety, etc?

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
Yes. I rent a car because driving there is very easy. There is also a city bus that is cheap. It is a long walk to the bus stop from Fiesta. Cabo San Lucas is easy Mèxico for a first timer. Most speak English and most of the visitors are from the US, California in particular.

Cyndi

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lindo Mar, Pueblo Bonito Sunset, WorldMark
Playa Grande is walking distance to the Marina boardwalk. I would choose it for location. I have not stayed at the Fiesta Americana but I did stay at Playa Grande when it first opened.

nimrod

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is there plenty to do and see within walking distance of Playa Grande or is a car still needed?

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
You should google earth the Playa Grande. It is on the south side of Cabo's marina. It is walking distance to down town and the marina. I always get a car but do enjoy walking all over the marina area in the evening.

I haven't stayed at either resorts so as far as the resorts go I think the thing to think about is do you like to golf or do you like to fish, people watch, go to restaurants and party ?

Bill

Cyndi

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lindo Mar, Pueblo Bonito Sunset, WorldMark
We never rent a car, in part because we don't like the anxiety of worrying that the police may shake us down. I know that lots of people rent cars and have no issues, but I have just heard too many stories at the pool or bar to want to deal with it. In my opinion there is plenty to do near Playa Grande that you can either walk to or reach with a short taxi ride. But if you plan to only walk, you have to be able to walk a distance up hill on the return home to Playa Grande