• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Capistrano Surfside Inn

BennyBoy00

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
It appears this resort is now being managed by GPR (it used to be VRI).

I've stayed here a couple of times on shorter 3-4 day RCI Points stays and one week long RCI weeks stay over the last few years and have an upcoming 4 night Points reservation in July.

I noticed they are now showing a 1 in 4 restriction which is new. This restriction did not exist when I made the reservation. Does anyone know if this is a GPR wide restriction or if it applies to weeks only vs. points? I assume my current reservation is Ok because I reserved it before they added the restriction. However, I would hate to think that my upcoming 4 night reservation would block me from reserving one of the other GPR resorts in Carlsbad. I'm hoping I can still reserve Points stays here in the future.

I'm also not sure why they needed a 1 in 4 restriction since this resort has always been an easy exchange even in peak July or Spring Break.

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

I've stayed here a couple of times on shorter 3-4 day RCI Points stays and one week long RCI weeks stay over the last few years and have an upcoming 4 night Points reservation in July.

I noticed they are now showing a 1 in 4 restriction which is new. This restriction did not exist when I made the reservation. Does anyone know if this is a GPR wide restriction or if it applies to weeks only vs. points? I assume my current reservation is Ok because I reserved it before they added the restriction. However, I would hate to think that my upcoming 4 night reservation would block me from reserving one of the other GPR resorts in Carlsbad. I'm hoping I can still reserve Points stays here in the future.

I'm also not sure why they needed a 1 in 4 restriction since this resort has always been an easy exchange even in peak July or Spring Break.

The 1 in 4 rule for GPX resorts was my motivation to purchase an every other year week at Carlsbad Seapointe. The rule does not apply to GPX owners.

Space Coast Laurie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Capistrano Surfside Inn (Capistrano Bch, CA), The Resort on Cocoa Beach (Cocoa Bch, FL)

The 1 in 4 is definitely a GPR thing, but whether it's only for certain resorts or just southern California resorts, or ALL resorts, I don't know. I would suggest contacting GPR to ask your specific questions. I did speak with them a little while back since, even as an owner, I was unable to put in an ongoing exchange request for a July exchange into this resort. The GPR/GPX exchange rep said that the demand for southern California resorts is so high during the summer that they don't even allow the system to do ongoing searches. There is very high demand and just about no availability.