• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Carlsbad Seapointe maintenance fees?

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Does anybody have the schedule or link to 2017 maintenance fees at this resort? I can't seem to find them online.

Dave

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent

just_jenny01

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just went to an Owner's Update at HGVC Marbrisa and the sales guy said that they're converting Carlsbad Seapointe over to an HGVC property by end of year. Has anyone heard this? Apparently it's already run by HGVC management and they're just waiting for all the rooms/ common areas to be upgraded (rooms are finished already) before putting the "Hilton" name on it.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I just went to an Owner's Update at HGVC Marbrisa and the sales guy said that they're converting Carlsbad Seapointe over to an HGVC property by end of year. Has anyone heard this? Apparently it's already run by HGVC management and they're just waiting for all the rooms/ common areas to be upgraded (rooms are finished already) before putting the "Hilton" name on it.

I own a week that is not HGVC. They are upgrading all the units to HGVC "standards". What we owners were told is that some HGVC owners were disappointed when using their points for a stay. The board took out a loan to accelerate the upgrade and complete this year rather than spread it over several years. Quite a few owners were not happy about the loan and expressed it at the annual meeting last year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I own a week that is not HGVC. They are upgrading all the units to HGVC "standards". What we owners were told is that some HGVC owners were disappointed when using their points for a stay. The board took out a loan to accelerate the upgrade and complete this year rather than spread it over several years. Quite a few owners were not happy about the loan and expressed it at the annual meeting last year.

Dave, I bought a resale unit at Carlsbad Seapointe last Fall through Sumday. Is there any chance it might be part of the HGVC group, and how would I know? Nobody has mentioned it, but I know from experience that doesn't mean anything.

Dave

Last edited:

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Dave, I bought a resale unit at Carlsbad Seapointe last Fall through Sumday. Is there any chance it might be part of the HGVC group, and how would I know? Nobody has mentioned it, but I know from experience that doesn't men anything.

Dave

Its highly unlikely if you got it through Sumday. I paid $5 for mine on eBay. Its an odd year float week, only worth 3100 points. I took a presentation at Marbrisa and they offered to convert it if I purchased a developer Marbrisa unit. They said it was only worth $100 trade in, lol.

The summer fixed weeks have value, they are worth 6200 points for a one bedroom if converted to HGVC. They show up on eBay occasionally for $5K or more. Buzglyd is the local expert on Carlsbad timeshares, he will probably chime in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
I doubt if your Sumday purchase is a HGVC conversion.

The jury is still out on whether Seapointe resales retain HGVC points once they've been transferred to a new owner.

I bought mine through the official resale department in Carlsbad so the 6200 points went along with the transfer. I live in Carlsbad so I can take advantage of Day use as well.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Ok. I didn't expect so. You guys are both ahead of me. I live near Seattle, and mainly bought into Carlsbad so I could learn about GPR, and so I could have a timeshare to drive to. Owning in Hawaii all those years was great, but it got to be very expensive trying to get there!

Dave