• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Club Combination DRI

bradfordHI

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DRI Hawaii Collection 74,000 points

Westin 2 Bedroom Maui; selling it now.
2 bedroom ocean Front Hyatt week 51. We Rent it on VRBO only.
had owners update today and Found out about this. Are other doing this. I was gonna sell mine for 1 dollar but what am I missing.

Did I pass on a good deal. $21,000 for 5,000 US points and 10,000 points annually for my resale week at Vistana.
MF 1,300 renting for 553.

Seems like a no brainer. My wife said no. Anyone else seen this.

See photo I took while sales agent was away. I think I should have done it.

I would 10,000 points for my 3 bedroom every year.

Anyone have any experience doing this program.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_1052.JPG
    IMG_1052.JPG
    45.1 KB · Views: 30

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
Your wife is the smart one IMHO. We had 19,500 points between 2 contracts. THE Club fee's alone were $550 PLUS we had to pay MF. It's DRI's exobident trust fees and THE Club membership fees in addition to the MF's that make DRI one of the worst timeshare deals out there.

$1,300 MF for 5,000 points? Think about the fact 5,000 points won't get you a full week anywhere in the system except for the lowliest of resorts or off season weeks. Plus, you have to pay THE Club dues to be part of their point system. You can buy a resale HGVC week for less money, pay lower MF's and get a FULL week at most of their resorts AND, HGVC has considerably better quality resorts. I'm sure there are dozens of examples of better deals out there than buying developer prices from DRI.

BTW, DRI has a deed back program. For $250 you can transfer your deed back to DRI directly. Easier and quicker than trying to find someone to take over your timeshare.

And who wants to pay $21,000 up front PLUS $1,300/year for the right to rent an Augustus or September week in Orlando for over $500? My bet is you can do about as good using II getaways. Even if an II getaway was $1,000 for a week you'd STILL save $300/year on the current MF's you've quoted, not to mention kept $21,000 in your pocket.

Last edited:

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Sounds liked some excellent advice to me. Plus, the solid advice from your spouse. Save your money.

youppi

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you like the DRI system then the Club Combo is the cheapest way to increase your number of point in term of MF per year if your non DRI deeded weeks have cheap MF.
The only problem is that you have to buy 50% trust points from DRI (in your case 5,000 pts @ $21,000).
Your Vistana will give you 10,000 pts per year but don't forget that you need to pay THE Club fee on those points too.
10,000 trust points MF + Collection Fee + THE Club Fee is more expensive than $1300 + THE Club Fee on 10,000 pts.
So, at the end, you will have 15,000 pts for $21,000 + what you have paid for your Vistana.
This is cheaper than buying 15,000 pts from DRI but it is still expensive compare to many other TS brands.