• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Coconut Palms Beach Resort II - Festiva

mkritz

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Coconut Palms Beach Resort II
Just wondering if any of my fellow owners are having as much trouble as I am in dealing with Festiva.
I own a deeded 2B/2BA floating week in the blue Coconut Palms building. Since purchase in 2007(a supposed upgrade from a perfect oceanfront 1B bought in 2001), the resort removed the lock-off from the second bedroom on the deeded unit, turning it into a standard room with two entrances. However, we were informed that would not be a problem, as we had a floating week and could request a lock-off unit at any time.
True to their word, I was able to do so every year until Festiva took over. Now they are telling me that my "standard" 2B can only be reserved in a standard room, regardless of the float... and being that the deeded unit is now also a handicap unit, I "can't" reserve that either as I may be moved. Supposedly I'm paying less of a maintenance fee ($634.24 -incl taxes for 2017) than a 2B lock-off because my unit is smaller.... however, looking at the layout from the resort, the unit I'm deeded into is actually bigger in square footage than a majority of the lock-off units.
So right now it stands at this: I own in the Coconut Palms IV (blue bldg) but can never reserve in it as the only standard rooms are handicap units, and I'm not allowed access to the floating 2B lock-off units....so I'm relegated to standard 2 bedrooms in buildings I did not buy.
Which would be fine except for the reason we were talked into upgrading our 1B to a 2B. So that we could rent the lock-off in an attempt to cover our maintenance fees. Now Festiva has stolen that ability from us, with not even a written explanation to owners of the floating rule & resevation changes they have made since taking over.
Any one else feeling my frustration?

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Most of us use 'handles' here ... you might want to change your 'member id' to a nickname.

I can understand your issue regarding the conversion of YOUR unit to a 'handicap' unit and being subject to "RUN of the HOUSE" room assignment. You should write a letter in detail to your HOA President requesting a 'swap' to a similar fixed week placement ... perhaps willing to accept even a different week number and suggest. Your unhappiness is being moved at a moment's notice ... and in your OLD AGE and STRESSFUL life, not enjoying a relaxing week... making family memories ... not having to ink the 'today home' unit number of the back of your hand ... You brought YOUR week and enjoyed MANY great memories IN YOUR VACATION HOME ... now you are a nomad ... stressing as to why your room key doesn't open the door ... only to have some stranger tell you are at the wrong door ... again.

And document your claim that your unit 'was' a 2/2 lockoff before the handicap conversion to a 1bdr or straight 2bdr.

And think about asking for a buyout for your unit ... as the resort choose to change your ownership ... and be reasonable ... you won't get ALL you money back, but you won't have to ever go back there again.

Good luck ...

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
That is a strange issue. I was always under impression that standard units could not book lock-offs and lock-offs could not book standards, but how do they modify a lock-off and make it is standard? To me that 2BR converted standard should still legally be a lock-off and only be able to book lock-offs. My guess is that Festiva messed it up when they took over and they classified that unit as a standard in their reservation system.

I am guessing that Festiva is doing the reservations now. I owned a lock-off that I bought shortly before they purchased KGI but they had not merged and KGI was still doing the reservations. I later sold it. Festiva still sends me emails and calls me like I am still an owner so I am definitely not impressed with their competence level. Thankfully they are not sending me maintenance fee bills.