• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Confused about new replacement to Credit Pool

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
No. As it's written, it seems to be you can only push your points to a single future use year, and they would no longer be available in your original use year.

Edit: Well, it seems you could choose to leave some in 2019 and move some to a future year, so in that way you could still use some in 2019. But if you didn't end up using them, it's RCI or expiration.

buckor

TUG Member
Reaction score
If I push my 2019 points to 2020 or 2021 will I be able to use those points in 2019?
Does not sound like it. Sounds like they now become 2020 or 2021 points and cannot be moved again.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using Tapatalk

frankf3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Wyndham points
As a fairly small (~300k points) non-VIP owner, this is the one provision in the new terms that I REALLY don't like.

And I don't understand how this is better for Wyndham or any owners. BigRob posted in another thread that this may be to help Wyndham avoid being "out of trust", but I don't understand why credit pooling from current year to future years could cause that. I get that there are risks allowing owners to pull points from the future to the present. But Wyndham could have solved that by making the owner pay the maintenance fees for the year in question before allowing pooling.

I've owned for 3 years (resale) and have credit pooled all of my points annually. I really like this feature as it provides me maximum flexibility in for how I want to use my points. The new process won't work nearly as well for me.

hjsweet2002

TUG Member
Reaction score
As a fairly small (~300k points) non-VIP owner, this is the one provision in the new terms that I REALLY don't like.

And I don't understand how this is better for Wyndham or any owners. BigRob posted in another thread that this may be to help Wyndham avoid being "out of trust", but I don't understand why credit pooling from current year to future years could cause that. I get that there are risks allowing owners to pull points from the future to the present. But Wyndham could have solved that by making the owner pay the maintenance fees for the year in question before allowing pooling.

I've owned for 3 years (resale) and have credit pooled all of my points annually. I really like this feature as it provides me maximum flexibility in for how I want to use my points. The new process won't work nearly as well for me.
I have always Credit pooled my points. It always made sure I used all of my points. I am very concerned about the affect of this new system. I don't want to use RCI or have points expire. To me, this is not Wyndham looking after owners best interests.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
At first I thought this change was theater intended to create the illusion that Wyndham is protecting us from the abuses of the big bad megarenters. But I think it's probably an extremely small fraction of owners who are even aware of the discussion about megarenters and their use of the credit pool, and that the vast majority of owners are more likely to be annoyed than happy with this change. I think this new policy may be an acknowledgement of the limitations of Wyndham's own IT, to which I say, get better programmers. But I'm guessing that it's too late for that and we're stuck with it.

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
At first I thought this change was theater intended to create the illusion that Wyndham is protecting us from the abuses of the big bad megarenters. But I think it's probably an extremely small fraction of owners who are even aware of the discussion about megarenters and their use of the credit pool, and that the vast majority of owners are more likely to be annoyed than happy with this change. I think this new policy may be an acknowledgement of the limitations of Wyndham's own IT, to which I say, get better programmers. But I'm guessing that it's too late for that and we're stuck with it.

Well said.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I dont think the new rule has anything to do with the club being "out of trust" nor do i think its because of an IT failure. Voyager has been in the works for years. we always knew 24/7 reservations, and ARP online were going to be part of it, and we assumed that they would be doing something to minimize use of the cancel rebook trick. We also assumed that they would do something to limit the number of resale points that got VIP benefits

What we didnt see coming, and we should have was this change to the credit pool.. The book always said the the credit pool was a tool that allowed you to "save" points that you knew you couldnt use next year. . Nowhere did it say that it was also a tool to "borrow" future years points for use today. That ability to use 2 future years points today without having paid the maintenance fees for those points. was never meant to be.

It could have been fixed in any number of ways. They chose this way

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
What we didnt see coming, and we should have was this change to the credit pool.. The book always said the the credit pool was a tool that allowed you to "save" points that you knew you couldnt use next year. . Nowhere did it say that it was also a tool to "borrow" future years points for use today. That ability to use 2 future years points today without having paid the maintenance fees for those points. was never meant to be.
While the exact endgame moves were not foreseen and the discussion focused on prepayment of maintenance fees, the credit pool did receive a going over in the never ending thread.

Account review email [Accts. suspended]

The change to the Credit Pool does amount to a prepayment of maintenance fees for credit pooled points.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
While the exact endgame moves were not foreseen and the discussion focused on prepayment of maintenance fees, the credit pool did receive a going over in the never ending thread.

Account review email [Accts. suspended]

The change to the Credit Pool does amount to a prepayment of maintenance fees for credit pooled points.

You are right that the credit pool and that the use (or abuse) of the credit pool was discussed. Some of us knew something had to happen,

but because Voyager had been in the works for years, and because I thought Wyndham only woke up to what some of us were doing with the credit pool just recently; I was guessing that we would get another year or two before they changed it

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
And it's one thing to curtail moving future years' points into the present for immediate use, which shouldn't really surprise anyone (except maybe by its timing), and another thing to also replace the three-year extension of points in the Credit Pool to a very limited move to a future year with Points Deposit. Ron, your pointing out how quickly they decided to roll out this change convinces me even further that the reason they limited the credit pool replacement so severely is an IT/systems issue. There shouldn't have been any reason they couldn't have stopped the pulling of future points into the present while keeping the credit pool's future extension of points reasonably intact. Except that it's much harder to keep track of as evidenced by the mess their systems helped create in the Great Accounts Freeze of '16. So they did something much simpler and much less useful.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Has it been confirmed that you can use deposited points in RCI?

No, that's still an unknown. But I meant that you could decide to keep some of your 2019 points in 2019, and move the rest to 2020 or 2021 (since Wyndham says that you can move "all or a portion") - but if you don't use all of the 2019 points, your only choice for them would be RCI or to let them expire.

Railman83

TUG Member
Reaction score
So they are retiring the pool and you already cannot pool 2019 points. I have pooled most of my 2018 points but still have some contracts that haven't cleared, are the planning to stop pooling for 2018 points as well when they cut over to the new website? How long do I have before I can't pool 2018 points?

nicemann

TUG Member
Reaction score
So they are retiring the pool and you already cannot pool 2019 points. I have pooled most of my 2018 points but still have some contracts that haven't cleared, are the planning to stop pooling for 2018 points as well when they cut over to the new website? How long do I have before I can't pool 2018 points?

There has been reports of a person calling and trying to pool their 2018 points but being told they could not. Thinking they may have just gotten a bad VC. I don't know if they have officialy said you can't pool your 2018 points and if so what a cut off time would be.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
According to the supplement, you can currently credit pool 2018 but when the new system is active, credit pooling would be replaced by credit deposit and credit pooling will no longer be an option.

Vacationfuntips

TUG Member
Reaction score
If this helps anyone - I was still able to credit pool my 2018 points. You can no longer credit pool anything past 2018.
Until last year, I never even used the credit pool feature (I would just borrow what I needed during the Express Reservation window) Times have certainly changed with Wyndham and their rules. I wanted to credit pool my 2018 points at the end of the year - however I did my Wyndham points business today. I wanted to do it before all of the new Club Wyndham rules go into effect. I'm not sure of that date - but I needed to balance out my points account.

I am glad Wyndham has a way to extend points. However, I really don't like this new feature where I must assign points 1 or 2 years out and then not to be able to use them for reservations in my current use year. I hope that Wyndham will modify this. I do understand that you can move the points back to use during the Express Reservation window. It would be much better if they modified things and you could use them for their current use year or for the year that you assign them to later. After all, you are still paying them their $39 fee to move them - plus you are paying the maintenance fee.
I dont like the use or lose side to this. How can anyone plan this way? What worries me is that in the future, if I use the new system and not use my points (deposit them to use in the future and assign them to either the year ahead or the next) - that I am stuck if something happens and I cannot use those points. The new rules say that it is a final transaction. I don't think that RCI is an option once points are moved forward.

I understand why this is, but I do not agree. There are better options to fix Wyndham's problem with credit pool abuse and point banking. I hope other Wyndham point owner's speak up and this gets resolved.

Wyndham changes their rules too frequently to confuse us! Where is the NEW Club Wyndham Member's Directory without all of these supplements?

Cynthia T. :)

Last edited:

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
I have other point memberships (HGVC and HICV) and frankly the Wyndham points pool with a what amounts to a 3 year extension was EXTREMELY generous compared with all other points systems. So I am not surprised they are changing something that is far more generous than all other systems that I am aware of.

I may not like it, but I am not surprised. I can learn to live with it, I'm sure I can adjust, but it does require a bit of planning instead of just auto pool of whatever points I had left at the end of the current year window.

So as I see it now, as a VIP Platinum I now have to the end of the year and at that point IF I have points I can push the out a year or 2 years. So now if I actually run out of points by the end of the year, I will save myself the fee to deposit (previously pool them).

Wyndham is way overdue on a new guide, right now it is a 2014-15 guide and at least 2 supplements. I sure hope they decide to get on that soon. I don't need a printed one, but an updated electronic one would really be nice

nicemann

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have other point memberships (HGVC and HICV) and frankly the Wyndham points pool with a what amounts to a 3 year extension was EXTREMELY generous compared with all other points systems. So I am not surprised they are changing something that is far more generous than all other systems that I am aware of.

I may not like it, but I am not surprised. I can learn to live with it, I'm sure I can adjust, but it does require a bit of planning instead of just auto pool of whatever points I had left at the end of the current year window.

So as I see it now, as a VIP Platinum I now have to the end of the year and at that point IF I have points I can push the out a year or 2 years. So now if I actually run out of points by the end of the year, I will save myself the fee to deposit (previously pool them).

Wyndham is way overdue on a new guide, right now it is a 2014-15 guide and at least 2 supplements. I sure hope they decide to get on that soon. I don't need a printed one, but an updated electronic one would really be nice

Maybe with all the money that comes in from the additonal GCs everyone is afraid of having to buy...they can use that money to finally get the new guide done!

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score

I dont understand what you mean when you say; "as a VIP Platinum I now have to the end of the year and at that point IF I have points I can push the out a year or 2 years."

The new rule is:
"Members wanting to take advantage of this feature must take action to deposit the points within three months after the start of the use year"
I dont see that there any difference in the application of this rule, VIP or not and we all have until Mar30 2018 to push our 2018 points into 2019 or 2020

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I dont understand what you mean when you say; "as a VIP Platinum I now have to the end of the year and at that point IF I have points I can push the out a year or 2 years."

The new rule is:
"Members wanting to take advantage of this feature must take action to deposit the points within three months after the start of the use year"
I dont see that there any difference in the application of this rule, VIP or not and we all have until Mar30 2018 to push our 2018 points into 2019 or 2020

It's a grid on a later page of the supplement in the VIP section. Silver 6 months, Gold 9 months, Platinum anytime before the end of use year.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's a grid on a later page of the supplement in the VIP section. Silver 6 months, Gold 9 months, Platinum anytime before the end of use year.

Thanks

when all else fails, read the directions

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

The new rule is:

No Ron that rule for the first 3 months is for the masses. I saw a table that shows the extension of the deposit. VIP platinum had 9 months into the use year, and the new system will have the end of the use year. I will go look for the table and paste it here.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
upload_2017-4-25_22-14-24.png