• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Curious about RCI Platinum?

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
In years past, access to Platinum allowed some fantastic trades to Hilton and Hyatt hotel locations, is, Chicago Hilton and San Diego Grand Hyatt.

My curiosity got the best of me, so decided to spend $34 for a 6 month Platinum (to tie into my regular RCI exchange membership.)

Here is what I found:

A regular search I do -- all Pacific coast resorts -- all months -- yielded zero Platinum offerings.

Search of all USA. All months == 7 resorts -- all in Florida.

All told, 34 global resorts, 19 were Europe through 12/17.

If you want something in France, there were a few offerings that were interesting. Wondering if a person could call RCI and ask about Platinum availability before joining?

My only hope is to book a last call week and get 10% off to recoup my investment. I've got 6 months to find something.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
I bought it this year, because the cost was about the same as paying for deposit restore (I was depositing inside 9 months). I saved a bit more on an exchange fee, so I'm in the black, but I would not buy it unless I needed one of the "perks" for sure.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Wondering if a person could call RCI and ask about Platinum availability before joining?
It would be easier to ask someone on TUG about the platinum availability (same if deciding whether or not to set up an RCI account and deposit) than rely on an RCI guide to describe the actual availability if they even will bother.

There still are bulk hotel deposits in Chicago and DC for platinum members but it happens only two or three times a year so it may just be an in between time right now.

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I bought it this year, because the cost was about the same as paying for deposit restore (I was depositing inside 9 months). I saved a bit more on an exchange fee, so I'm in the black, but I would not buy it unless I needed one of the "perks" for sure.

Please tell me more about deposit restore. I have a week I am thinking of depositing, and I missed my window to get best value.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
It would be easier to ask someone on TUG about the platinum availability (same if deciding whether or not to set up an RCI account and deposit) than rely on an RCI guide to describe the actual availability if they even will bother.

There still are bulk hotel deposits in Chicago and DC for platinum members but it happens only two or three times a year so it may just be an in between time right now.

The availability is low right now from what I've seen. You should set up a search which is free for you to do since you are platinum.

If you can't get your $34 worth out of all these benefits you are doing something seriously wrong.

EXPLORE YOUR RCI PLATINUM BENEFITS

City Attractions
Save 20% off things to do when you travel with a Go City Card multi-attraction pass. Passes include admission to top attractions, tours, museums, and more in 11 popular destinations for one low price. Pay nothing at the gate. More choices, more savings.

Complimentary Unit Upgrades & Changes
Here’s how it works: when you book your confirmed Exchange vacation, you’ll have the opportunity to receive Complimentary Unit Upgrades and Resort Changes. Just let us know you’re interested in a unit upgrade or resort change. Within two weeks of check-in, if one of the resorts you’ve specified, or a bigger unit at your confirmed resort becomes available, we’ll change your reservation and provide you with the details.

Savings Dollars
Earn Savings Dollars on select RCI transactions you already do (like paying exchange fees and renewing your RCI® subscribing membership).Then it’s up to you how you redeem them – hotel stays, home electronics, fashion, wine (where legally available to ship), jewelry, sporting goods, dining certificates and more.*

Priority Access
Get exclusive access to exchange vacations at select hotels and resorts before they’re made available to standard RCI® subscribing members for exchange.

RCI Platinum Points Extension
Get more time to enjoy your Points! As an RCI Platinum member, who is also an RCI Points®member, you are eligible to extend your unused Points for Two Use Years, as compared to standard RCI members who can extend their Points for only One Use Year, when they pay the same applicable fee. While extended Points expire at the end of a Third Use Year for standard RCI members, RCI Platinum members will enjoy a Fourth Use Year with no additional fee.

10% Discount on Extra VacationsSMgetaways and Last CallSM Vacations
Enjoy an additional 10% off all your Extra VacationsSM getaways and Last CallSMVacations — even those already on sale.*

Free Ongoing Search
Can’t find the vacation you’re looking for right now? We’ll keep a lookout for you 24/7 and you won’t be charged your exchange fee until we find a match!

Platinum-Component-Benefit-Tile_FreeOnHold.jpg

Free On-Hold Vacations
Not quite ready to book? We’ll hold your vacation for you without a fee while you iron out those last minute details.

Platinum-Component-Benefit-Tile_PlatinumPreview.jpg

Platinum Previews
RCI Platinum members have first dibs on Extra VacationsSM getaways sales! With RCI Platinum membership, see (and book) Extra Vacations getaways sales one day earlier than standard RCI members.

RCI®Points Partner Program
Make your Points go farther! RCI Platinum members, who are RCI Points members, can use more of their annual Points allocation when booking travel – 50% of your annual Points allotment, rather than 33% for standard RCI members.

Platinum Cruise Exchange
RCI Platinum members still receive an extra $25USD off per cabin towards the purchase of select cruises (and can enjoy this benefit on an unlimited number of cabins, so bring along the whole family!)

Platinum-Component-Benefit-Tile_PriorityAnswer.jpg

Priority Answer
RCI Platinum members who call 1.866.545.7205 get quicker access to our knowledgeable guides. Enjoy fast answers from the RCI Platinum experts who are waiting to help you with your vacation planning!

Platinum-Component-Benefit-Tile_PointsTransfers.jpg

Free Points Transfers
Know an RCI Points member that could use additional Points? Lucky them! Now RCI Platinum members no longer pay a Points transfer fee, so transfer away!

RCI Platinum® Guided Vacations
Looking to explore exotic locales? Or do you want to visit renowned golf, ski, and spa destinations in the U.S.? Either way, we’ve got a vacation tour for you! Plus, RCI Platinum members receive an extra $25USD per couple towards the purchase of select tours, as compared to standard RCI members.

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

Good to know. If I remember those weeks do take a large number of TPUs, which I no longer have access to.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
In years past, access to Platinum allowed some fantastic trades to Hilton and Hyatt hotel locations, is, Chicago Hilton and San Diego Grand Hyatt.

My curiosity got the best of me, so decided to spend $34 for a 6 month Platinum (to tie into my regular RCI exchange membership.)

Here is what I found:

A regular search I do -- all Pacific coast resorts -- all months -- yielded zero Platinum offerings.

Search of all USA. All months == 7 resorts -- all in Florida.

All told, 34 global resorts, 19 were Europe through 12/17.

If you want something in France, there were a few offerings that were interesting. Wondering if a person could call RCI and ask about Platinum availability before joining?

My only hope is to book a last call week and get 10% off to recoup my investment. I've got 6 months to find something.

Availability is low right now so you should set up a search which is free for you to do since you are platinum.

If you can't get your $34 worth out of all these benefits you are doing something seriously wrong!

City Attractions
Save 20% off things to do when you travel with a Go City Card multi-attraction pass. Passes include admission to top attractions, tours, museums, and more in 11 popular destinations for one low price. Pay nothing at the gate. More choices, more savings.

Here’s how it works: when you book your confirmed Exchange vacation, you’ll have the opportunity to receive Complimentary Unit Upgrades and Resort Changes. Just let us know you’re interested in a unit upgrade or resort change. Within two weeks of check-in, if one of the resorts you’ve specified, or a bigger unit at your confirmed resort becomes available, we’ll change your reservation and provide you with the details.

Savings Dollars
Earn Savings Dollars on select RCI transactions you already do (like paying exchange fees and renewing your RCI® subscribing membership).Then it’s up to you how you redeem them – hotel stays, home electronics, fashion, wine (where legally available to ship), jewelry, sporting goods, dining certificates and more.*

Priority Access
Get exclusive access to exchange vacations at select hotels and resorts before they’re made available to standard RCI® subscribing members for exchange.

Get more time to enjoy your Points! As an RCI Platinum member, who is also an RCI Points®member, you are eligible to extend your unused Points for Two Use Years, as compared to standard RCI members who can extend their Points for only One Use Year, when they pay the same applicable fee. While extended Points expire at the end of a Third Use Year for standard RCI members, RCI Platinum members will enjoy a Fourth Use Year with no additional fee.

Enjoy an additional 10% off all your Extra VacationsSM getaways and Last CallSMVacations — even those already on sale.*

Free Ongoing Search
Can’t find the vacation you’re looking for right now? We’ll keep a lookout for you 24/7 and you won’t be charged your exchange fee until we find a match!

Free On-Hold Vacations
Not quite ready to book? We’ll hold your vacation for you without a fee while you iron out those last minute details.

Platinum Previews
RCI Platinum members have first dibs on Extra VacationsSM getaways sales! With RCI Platinum membership, see (and book) Extra Vacations getaways sales one day earlier than standard RCI members.

Make your Points go farther! RCI Platinum members, who are RCI Points members, can use more of their annual Points allocation when booking travel – 50% of your annual Points allotment, rather than 33% for standard RCI members.

Platinum Cruise Exchange
RCI Platinum members still receive an extra $25USD off per cabin towards the purchase of select cruises (and can enjoy this benefit on an unlimited number of cabins, so bring along the whole family!)

Priority Answer
RCI Platinum members who call 1.866.545.7205 get quicker access to our knowledgeable guides. Enjoy fast answers from the RCI Platinum experts who are waiting to help you with your vacation planning!

Free Points Transfers
Know an RCI Points member that could use additional Points? Lucky them! Now RCI Platinum members no longer pay a Points transfer fee, so transfer away!

Looking to explore exotic locales? Or do you want to visit renowned golf, ski, and spa destinations in the U.S.? Either way, we’ve got a vacation tour for you! Plus, RCI Platinum members receive an extra $25USD per couple towards the purchase of select tours, as compared to standard RCI members.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
Please tell me more about deposit restore. I have a week I am thinking of depositing, and I missed my window to get best value.

From the RCI Platinum page:

Ordinarily, RCI Weeks® members who deposit a week less than 271 days before the start date of such week can receive full Deposit Trading Power for such week by paying the RCI Deposit Restore Fee. RCI Platinum members receive full Deposit Trading Power for Weeks deposited between 181 and 270 days in advance of their week’s start date and the fee is waived.​

JulieAB

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lifetime in Hawaii, Disney's Grand Californian
Wait, what? 2 year deposit extension? When did that change? I had to pay for 2 years earlier this month.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
The availability is low right now from what I've seen. You should set up a search which is free for you to do since you are platinum.

If you can't get your $34 worth out of all these benefits you are doing something seriously wrong.

City Attractions

Savings Dollars

Priority Access

Free Ongoing Search

Free On-Hold Vacations

Platinum Previews

Platinum Cruise Exchange

Priority Answer

Free Points Transfers

Wait, what? 2 year deposit extension? When did that change? I had to pay for 2 years earlier this month.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Are you a weeks or points member?
Seems there are a couple benefits which favor points owners.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
Are you a weeks or points member?
Seems there are a couple benefits which favor points owners.

I'm points.

You might want to call the platinum phone number and ask. You never know if they will do something for you.

JulieAB

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lifetime in Hawaii, Disney's Grand Californian
I'm points.

You might want to call the platinum phone number and ask. You never know if they will do something for you.
You're right, I'm a weeks member and we don't have that benefit. :(

JudyS

TUG Member
Reaction score
My curiosity got the best of me, so decided to spend $34 for a 6 month Platinum (to tie into my regular RCI exchange membership.)...
Is it possible to get an RCI Platinum Membership for just 6 months? I thought the shortest period RCI sold was 12 months for $69.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
yes. Unlike II's platinum which may have a different use year than the standard membership, RCI prorates their platinum so the year ends the same month as your basic membersip's use year. Depending when you sign up, the first year could be for 1-12 months.

Smokatoke

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does platinum still give $35 RCI credit if you buy an extra vacation+guest cert? I happened to buy three exchanges in one year for friends and platinum paid for itself

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
No there are no longer any rebate savings toward rci membership or exchanges. You get savings dollars- which in my mind are worthless, $25 monthly restaurant.com certs which we use about 6 a year and each are worth about $5 to me, upgrades which I never get because I always book as big a unit as possible so $0 savings there. You do get savings off a getaways so I might use that for another $25-50 benefit. Mainly I use it for the RCI points benefits of extending the points and the additional points to use for points partners. I probably would not get platinum if I had a weeks only membership. As it is I do break even and usually let it expire for a month -4 months to get the annual cost down a bit.

JudyS

TUG Member
Reaction score
yes. Unlike II's platinum which may have a different use year than the standard membership, RCI prorates their platinum so the year ends the same month as your basic membersip's use year. Depending when you sign up, the first year could be for 1-12 months.
Thanks for the info! I know that when Platinum meberships first came out, RCI used to let members buy just a partial year. But the last time I bought Platinum, RCI insisted on charging me for a whole year even though I had less than 12 months left in my use year. If they are allowing prorating again, that is good news!