• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Deed Transfered with more points then available

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
A 154000 annual point deed I sold finally transferred today. Instead of transferring the available 127,500 points, Wyndham transferred 154,000 points from my account total. New policy I have been told if you transfer a deed and have a ownership letter showing there is less points available they will disregard and transfer all points to new owner. This will lower your total balance of points under your membership number. I had this same situation play out last month with a different out come, 189000 point deed with only 122,000 points available, all 189,000 points transferred to new owner. Thankfully the 77,000 points were returned to my account from new buyers account. This is no longer a option I have been told?
So they are treating all points as a bucket. If you sell a deed and have points available in the bucket points will transfer to a new owner even if your ownership summary letter show a balance of 0 for that deed. Points to be taken from other deeds with points available or existing reservations will be canceled!

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
3 plus hours on the phone speaking with title services and owner care. How do they transfer more points then the estoppel letter says are available. If you account doesn't have enough points existing reservations will be canceled to transfer points to new owner. SMH

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
You havent given us all the facts

There are actually 472000 points to consider At this point in time there shouldn't be any 2019 points used so all of them ought to transfer but it's possible that all the 2018 points are in reservations and it's possible that all the 2017 points have been used

So in your case, what was transferred?
And what did the estoppel say

spackler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Quarter House, Jean Lafitte House, Bali Hai
I may be going thru the same situation.

Were the 154,000 points taken from both 2017 and 2018? Or just 2018?

I have a deed being transferred out with 0 available 2017 points - as was agreed to in our purchase agreement. If they cancel my fall '17 reservations to be able to transfer points from me to the buyer I'm completely screwed.

Last edited:

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
2017 points only 127,5000 were available. Points that transferred 2017 154,000, 2018 154,0000 2019 154,000, All years transferred 154,000 points. Only 127,500 were available on this certain deed for 2017 I have estoppel letter dated 8/16/2017 that verifies this to be correct. Estoppel actually states the following: Please note that due to the transfer of points related to this contract # all pending reservations on the sellers account are subject to cancelation upon completion of the transfer process

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had one transfer last month 189,000 point deed with only 122,000 available. They transferred 189,000 but were able to return 77,000 back to my account from the new owners. My question is how many owners have had points vanish from their accounts because of the new system. I spent hours on the phone earlier when they adjusted the dates of use years before new system was implemented.

spackler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Did you have any pending reservations in 2017 that were left intact? At this point that's my main concern.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
This could be a side effect of the following new policy (from the most recent supplement):

"As a CLUB WYNDHAM Plus member, you receive specific benefits that are associated with your contract and membership type. Your points allow you to use your benefits, regardless of which contract they came from, and with our upcoming enhancements you will no longer have to worry about different point types and their eligibility."

So, there is no sense in which "Contract X" only has "Y of Z points remaining" in the new system. Contract X is entitled to Z points, and if you sell Contract X, Z points go with it, presuming you have at least Z points left. I have no idea what happens if you have fewer than Z points in that UY...

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I get the new policy although I think the current year points ought to be prorated i.e. if the transfer was completed July 1 50% should stay in the sellers account

But I don't like it. I think the details should be agreed upon between buyer and seller and Wyndham should just make what's in the sales agreement happen

Now that I know what's going to happen I know what to do

ilya

TUG Member
Reaction score
A 154000 annual point deed I sold finally transferred today. Instead of transferring the available 127,500 points, Wyndham transferred 154,000 points from my account total. New policy I have been told if you transfer a deed and have a ownership letter showing there is less points available they will disregard and transfer all points to new owner. This will lower your total balance of points under your membership number. I had this same situation play out last month with a different out come, 189000 point deed with only 122,000 points available, all 189,000 points transferred to new owner. Thankfully the 77,000 points were returned to my account from new buyers account. This is no longer a option I have been told?
So they are treating all points as a bucket. If you sell a deed and have points available in the bucket points will transfer to a new owner even if your ownership summary letter show a balance of 0 for that deed. Points to be taken from other deeds with points available or existing reservations will be canceled!

how long did it take for the transfer?

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham points
WOW, someone was just complaining they received a stripped contract. I wonder if it is just hit or miss with Wyndham, seriously. I have bought and received zero points when I should have had all, and then had some when it was and off year. It really depends on if they want to do their job correctly the first time.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
WOW, someone was just complaining they received a stripped contract. I wonder if it is just hit or miss with Wyndham, seriously. I have bought and received zero points when I should have had all, and then had some when it was and off year. It really depends on if they want to do their job correctly the first time.
Nobody was complaining about a stripped contract. There's a listing on eBay that the seller states their not sure how many 2018 and 2019 points will transfer to the new buyer. They only guarantee that all 2020 points transfer

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Nobody was complaining about a stripped contract. There's a listing on eBay that the seller states their not sure how many 2018 and 2019 points will transfer to the new buyer. They only guarantee that all 2020 points transfer
given the ops experience, that might be a good deal

nicemann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow if they start cancelling reservations to transfer full points to the new owner that will be really interesting. Guess we need to get more data points on it.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
given the ops experience, that might be a good deal
Is Mr. Fumisuke advising a client to make an offer ? Seller claims to have several other contracts to possibly get points from.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Confirmed this with Wyndham to be new policy. If your account has points available and if a deed you sell has o points available for use in 2017 they will transfer the deed to new owner and deduct points from your account to transfer the deed with all points. Even if the Estoppel clearly states 0 for use in 2017. If you have no points available for use in your account Wyndham will cancel any and all existing reservations and transfer points from the canceled reservations to new owner. Request a Estoppel letter and it states it very clearly about canceling existing reservations. (Please note that due to the transfer of points related to this contract # all pending reservations on the sellers account are subject to cancelation upon completion of the transfer process.) The new clause was added this month August, was not in the estoppel letter I received in July. Here is a situation you have 2 deeded contracts both with 154,000 annual points each. 1 has 0 points available for use the 2nd has all points available for use. You sell both but the one with 0 points transfers 1st. Very possible the contract with 0 points available transfers with all points and the 2nd contract with all points available transfers with 0.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow if they start cancelling reservations to transfer full points to the new owner that will be really interesting. Guess we need to get more data points on it.
Request a estoppel letter and it states it very clear as of this month it reads as follows:
Please note that due to the transfer of points related to this contract # all pending reservations on the sellers account are subject to cancelation upon completion of the transfer process

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
I get the new policy although I think the current year points ought to be prorated i.e. if the transfer was completed July 1 50% should stay in the sellers account

But I don't like it. I think the details should be agreed upon between buyer and seller and Wyndham should just make what's in the sales agreement happen

Now that I know what's going to happen I know what to do
Easy to change strategy going forward but I have 2 more contracts ready to transfer without all points available for use. Also have reservations that will be canceled to transfer all points to new buyers. Just thankful they were only 105,000 point deeds one with 0 points the other with 81,500 points available. Both deeds in Wyndham system waiting to transfer for 14 weeks now.

kaljor

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Nashville
Wyndham CWA
Fairfield Bay
So then when buying a contract an estoppel is worthless except for confirming the Maintenance fee. It would also show a loan balance I guess, but I figure Wyndham wouldn't transfer a contract if it wasn't fully paid for, would they?

spackler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
This is an absurd policy, especially if transfers happen at the end of a use year.

So basically, Wyndham doesn't care about the details of a purchase agreement nor their own estoppel? How can this even be legal?

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Wyndham should ALSO refund all UDI points' MFs that the original owner paid for up to the date of transfer. Buyer gets points ... Buyer reimburses for the up to date MFs paid by older.

And for CONVERTED FIXED WEEK contracts, the 2017 MF of those points got paid in 2016. The MFs collected during 2017 should be reimbursed by Wyndham, as those are for the 2018 points.

"LAWYER" might be the right word ... CLASS ACTION would be nicer words.... double money for Converted Fixed Week owner; points paid during the use year ... a ratio paid for by owner who sold.

cayman01

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai, Shearwater
And what happens if you used all your points for this year and then sell with a zero point balance? For example, say I used a 308k Bali Hai contract to go to Hawaii in January and then sell the contract in March?