• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Delta Will Pay Up to $9,950 to Bumped Passengers

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
Delta Will Pay Up to $9,950 to Bumped Passengers
By Mahita Bajanan/ Delta/ Travel/ Fortune/ fortune.com

"Delta Airlines will offer up to nearly $10,000 to passengers to give up their seats on overbooked flights.

The airline has upped its compensation limit by thousands of dollars, according to the Associated Press. An internal memo from Delta obtained by the AP permitted gate agents to offer up to $2,000 in compensation, up from the previous limit of $800. Delta supervisors can offer up to $9,950, a jump from the previous cap of $1,350.

The move by Delta comes as United Airlines continues to face fallout after a video emerged showing a passenger being forcibly removed from a sold-out flight. David Dao, the man dragged from the flight, suffered a concussion, broken nose and a sinus injury during the incident, according to his attorney...."

501317962.jpg

Delta Airlines passenger planes at Salt Lake City International Airport in Salt Lake City, Utah. Robert Alexander—Getty Images

Richard

Jimster

TUG Member
Reaction score
I seldom fly Delta but I thought Delta uses a bidding system where passengers say how much they will take to get bumped. If that's the case, this is probably an idle PR trick because I don't think it would take very long to get rid of passengers at this rate. I mean few will ask for $8000 right off the bat.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
You are probably right but I guess you never know. Maybe they should not have a cap at all?

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
I seldom fly Delta but I thought Delta uses a bidding system where passengers say how much they will take to get bumped. If that's the case, this is probably an idle PR trick because I don't think it would take very long to get rid of passengers at this rate. I mean few will ask for $8000 right off the bat.

They will now!

Jimster

TUG Member
Reaction score
"They will now!"

I don't think so. If you have a flight with150 people on it and the FA's indicate they need a volunteer, they won't ALL ask for big bucks. Obviously there will be some that want to get SOMETHING so they will undercut others. To use an analogy, I think it will work much like the game show "The Price is Right". On there, someone always seems to offer a bid lower than others for a good chance to advance.