• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Did you give away or adopt a timeshare on the Bargain Deals forum?

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
fantastic! sounds like a win win situation for both you and the other TUG member!

AJWesley

Reaction score
Sold Grandview Week 28 deeded

Thanks to this forum and the great advice I was able to give away week 28 deeded Grandview biannual. Cost me transfer costs but am glad it can be used by someone else.

BettyBoop52

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank You TUG!!!

If you gave away or adopted a timeshare on the Bargain Deals forum, (this board) please post a note here. I thought it would be interesting to keep a record.

Saw this posting a few minutes ago and it was perfect timing! We posted a giveaway here on TUG's Bargain Basement on June 17 and just a few minutes ago, received a copy of our transferee's email from Raintree that our membership had been transferred to him and was now final. The whole process took just over a month.
I have to give credit to Raintree Vacation Club for a very easy process. The transfer cost of $499 was spit between us & the person who took over our membership and the whole process was just so smooth. Special kudos to Lorena Quinones​, Member Services & Transfers Department, Raintree Resorts International for her efficient and pleasant handling of the transaction.
We had tried to sell/give away our membership and its connected home resort of Club Regina, Puerto Vallarta years ago but got no results until I discovered TUG. Sooooo, here's a special, big thank you to TUG!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
always proud to see another successful resale transaction from one tugger to another!

VegasBella

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
Avenue Plaza
Riviera Beach & Spa
Aquamarine Villas
I'm in the process of acquiring a bargain deal week. I'll post more when it's finalized. But if all goes smoothly we are going to be very happy with our new ownership :)

Updating to say the contract went through and we are now the new owners of a fixed week 8 at Wyndham Avenue Plaza. That's a carnival week, the week before Mardi Gras in New Orleans.

We are very happy! We love going at that time of year - lots of parades and family-friendly fun without the crazy tourists and insanity that comes with Mardi Gras day. We have family connections to NOLA and enjoy visiting. We plan to use this ownership for our own use at least every other year with 2017 and 2018 plans already made. For the years we don't use it ourselves we plan to rent or exchange it or gift it.

dansyr2514

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Bonnet Creek, Wyndham Ocean Blvd, Wyndham Seawatch, Wyndham Fairfield Ten
We are in the process of taking over a contract from the marketplace bargain deals. So far everything is going fantastic. We are using LT transfers and they are great and the price is very reasonable. The owner we are taking over the contract from is very responsive and timely with taking care of paperwork. I will post back when everything is complete but fingers crossed so far, so good.

csxjohn

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
Updating to say the contract went through and we are now the new owners of a fixed week 8 at Wyndham Avenue Plaza. That's a carnival week, the week before Mardi Gras in New Orleans.

Mardi Gras is a different week every year so how does a fixed week give you the week before this event every year?

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
Mardi Gras is a different week every year so how does a fixed week give you the week before this event every year?

Avenue Plaza (and most NOLA timeshares) floats event weeks. Week 8 always gets the week before Mardis Gras, Week 9 always gets Mardis Gras, Week 52 always gets Sugar Bowl, and weeks 17 and 18 always get Jazz Fest, no matter what the actual dates are.

Last edited:

VegasBella

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
Avenue Plaza
Riviera Beach & Spa
Aquamarine Villas
Yes, what scootr5 said.

It's deeded as "week 8" but for NOLA that means "pre-Mardi Gras week." It's always going to be the week before Mardi Gras. Fixed week 9 at Avenue Plaza is always Mardi Gras week. Some resellers don't understand this and apparently some reservation staff at Wyndham don't either but the deed specifies exactly what it is and those in the know make it work right.

Basically, the way I understand it is that owners of fixed week 7 and 10 also end up floating around a bit here and there as a result but most of the other weeks stay the same. And I think Quarter House works the same way.

You can think of it like fixed week just not on the traditional calendar that most other timeshares use. It's always going to be the same week on the Liturgical Calendar rather than the same week on the Gregorian calendar.

Last edited:

lschaaf

TUG Member
Reaction score
First Timeshare - Carlsbad Seapointe

We adopted a EOY floater week at Carlsbad Seapointe from another Tugger, only paid $400 closing cost. We have it booked for spring break next March and can't wait to start using it!!

basl

Reaction score
Sherton Vistana orlando

am just closing on a free hi weeks floating. The grandchildren will love it
Quality family time

mccarbc

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm new to this site. I see the many listings for either free or bargain deals to takeover a timeshare ownership and I was wondering, what is the rough percentage of people that are successful in giving away their timeshares? Is it a high percentage or low?
Thanks very much,
Brad

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
People who write a brief ad, and then don't come back and add more info., don't have much success.

For the best success, post a detailed description of what you have to offer, and then come back once a week and add more info, which bumps it to the top of the forum, where people will see it.

How can I give away my timeshare on TUG: http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/how-can-i-give-away-my-timeshare-on-tug.132509/

With some resorts, you may have to pay the transfer fees, and throw in one year's maintenance fee to make it more attractive.

jackio

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sand Pebbles, Sheraton Broadway Plantation, Hawaiian Sun Holidays
I have given away 2 timeshares through this forum last year. One, I paid the closing and the next year's maintenance. The other, the donee paid.

Almond123

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fanta Sea Resorts, Flagship Atlantic City;
The Bay Club at Waikoloa, HGVC;
Ka'anapali Beach Resort, DRI;
I adopted 2 the end of last year, both in Hawaii from 2 different tuggers. One on the big island which is bi annual and one annual week in Maui. We are going to the big island next month and have stayed there 2 years ago and loved it so I was glad to pay the transfers for my adoptions and can't wait to go back as a owner. Since I got both weeks for free I am glad I found this site and like many others I wished I had before I bought the only other week I own which I purchased from the developer. At least I didn't make that mistake twice.

VegasBella

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
Avenue Plaza
Riviera Beach & Spa
Aquamarine Villas
First Timeshare - Carlsbad Seapointe

We adopted a EOY floater week at Carlsbad Seapointe from another Tugger, only paid $400 closing cost. We have it booked for spring break next March and can't wait to start using it!!

Ooooh that will be nice! We did Spring Break one year close to there and it was wonderful :)

richardrose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal hawaiin
I just adopted free hono kai in Hawaii not fancy but on ocean and close to a lot of places.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
2 bedroom red Dikhololo week--I paid all transfer fees.
We sent our dikhololo week back to the resort, luckily I had all the original paperwork. No cost, we got our monies worth on that week.

janej

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I gave away SDO platinum plus 1 bedroom week to a fellow Tugger. She paid for closing cost to LTT.

LeighS

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Ridge Tahoe
We gave away our Ridge Tahoe (Tower) timeshare thanks to this awesome forum! I will send family/friends here if they ever need to do the same! Thank you!

mauitraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks to this forum, we were able to find a new home for 125 of our V.I. points! We gave them to a fellow Tugger, and we paid for the transfer fee and the current year's maintenance fee. We know that she will enjoy being a part of the V.I. family as much as we do!

Aurelius

TUG Member
Reaction score
Adopted a timeshare from @ronandjoan !

Townhouses at St. Augustine Beach and Tennis Resort, 3960 A1A South, St. Augustine Beach, FL

2 BD, sleep 6, 1150 sq ft.

Float week, (weeks 1-21, 38-52, includes Christmas, New Years, Easter, Thanksgiving weeks.)