• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

DSVII EOY Property Tax

Xpat

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott DSV II, Newport Coast, Canyon Villas, Grand Chateau, Phuket, Marbella, Playa Andaluza / HGVC Craigendarroch / Worldmark / Wyndham
I recently took ownership of a DSVII red week EOY. Looking forward to going to the Indian Wells Masters... if I can manage to make a reservation - must be a high demand week!

My question is about property tax - my tax bill for 2016-17 is $82.04 on a net value of $4100.

Looking at some of the old threads it looks like I'm paying as much as what EY owners have reported a few years ago - hopefully property tax differentiates between EY and EOY ownerships?

If you own at DSVII, how much are you paying in property tax on your EY or EOY ownership?

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I would assume that you only get billed every other year for the property tax. That number looks about right. I own annual DSV1.

middleoforchid

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Embarc, HPrincess, DSV2, MKO, MARtrust pts. Hokulani
Also own EEY at DSV2, tax $82.04 for 2016-2017. We were billed every year for property taxes.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I don't think the county cares if you own every year or every other year. They certainly wouldn't know if it is odd or even. This is the problem with the tax situation in CA. One person can be paying one tax amount while someone else is paying something very different.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Dioxide, if that is the case, the county will be collecting double the tax for Every Other Year units. It does not sound right. My DSVI property tax is $98.92 (I just checked what I reported in the maintenance thread) and it is collected every year for an every year unit.

Last edited:

dneveu

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Cypress Harbor, Marriott Shadow Ridge, Marriott Grand Chateau
We own an EOY at Shadow Ridge and pay $52 in taxes per year. The riverside tax bill is comprised of $21 per prop 13 tax limits and $31 per timeshare special assessment fees. We bought during the economic downturn so our original value was extremely low but the total taxes have been adjusted up over time (from $26 to $52 annually).

tahoe

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Timber Lodge
California property tax should be a function of your assessed value (roughly 1%) + extras. In theory, EOY value should have a lower value than an EY unit - I believe the property tax bill should provide this value in the tax breakdown. (Things can get a bit complicated by prop 13.) I'm not sure how special assessments and parcel taxes apply to EOY owners...

Xpat

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott DSV II, Newport Coast, Canyon Villas, Grand Chateau, Phuket, Marbella, Playa Andaluza / HGVC Craigendarroch / Worldmark / Wyndham
Thanks all for replying. From the data points above it does look like EOY owners are paying the same as EY owners. If any other EY and EOY DSV II red season owners are reading this, can you please post your property tax so we can know for sure?

samara64

TUG Member
Reaction score
I do own both.

I own an EY Red, White and an EOY RED (in escrow now with Marriott).

Taxes are: $99 EY RED, $69 EY White and $82 for EOY Red.

I think the change this year is the addition of the "Voter approved" $31.xx per timeshare deed no matter EY or EOY.

Used to be less last year by about $30.

Hope this explains it.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I do own both.

I own an EY Red, White and an EOY RED (in escrow now with Marriott).

Taxes are: $99 EY RED, $69 EY White and $82 for EOY Red.

I think the change this year is the addition of the "Voter approved" $31.xx per timeshare deed no matter EY or EOY.

Used to be less last year by about $30.

Hope this explains it.
Do you perhaps have a source or link to information about the voter approved tax? I would be interested in learning more about that.

samara64

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sorry, I do not have any info on that but I bet that NCV owners will have the same as well. It may also be for palm springs TS only.

It just adds $62 to EOY timeshare per usage. It should have been updated so it is only in the use year but I think it is per parcel.

I am just reading this info from the tax bill.

Xpat

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sorry, I do not have any info on that but I bet that NCV owners will have the same as well. It may also be for palm springs TS only.

It just adds $62 to EOY timeshare per usage. It should have been updated so it is only in the use year but I think it is per parcel.

I am just reading this info from the tax bill.

Thanks samara64.

Looking at my bill I don't see a special timeshare assessment on my NCV week - my prop tax there is $96.20 for an EY gold week.

I have the exact same numbers as you at DSV II with a $31.34 timeshare assessment and a total of $82.04 for my EOY red week.

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
I believe that Riverside County (the county where the Palm Desert timeshares are located) has a special timeshare assessment. I get it - there's a lot of churn going on with those units for very little money. I believe that San Francisco county has the assessment as well.

samara64

TUG Member
Reaction score
Looking at my bill I don't see a special timeshare assessment on my NCV week - my prop tax there is $96.20 for an EY gold week.

Well, if there is no special assessment for NCV (Maybe OC did not pass it), then it is for Riverside county only.