• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

DVC Exchange - Room Information

Prayme36

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have a confirmed exchange into DVC via RCI. Check-in is in roughly two weeks. At this point, is there any way to know my room assignment? Or do I have to wait until my check-in day? I've already checked in online...thanks!

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
The actual room, you'd have to wait until the day of. If the resort has booking categories (preferred, standard, savannah, garden view, etc.), you can call in and find out which category the reservation falls into.

mtm65

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have a confirmed exchange into DVC via RCI. Check-in is in roughly two weeks. At this point, is there any way to know my room assignment? Or do I have to wait until my check-in day? I've already checked in online...thanks!

We were told the rooms aren't assigned until the day of check-in. However, we had three requests for room location and all three requests were granted. We could not have been happier with the room location! The room was also ready earlier than expected.

Hope you have a great time!

sb2313

TUG Member
Reaction score
We were told the rooms aren't assigned until the day of check-in. However, we had three requests for room location and all three requests were granted. We could not have been happier with the room location! The room was also ready earlier than expected.

Hope you have a great time!
While they do say that, room assignment is basically locked in about 3 days out from our experiences with animal kingdom villas and OKW.

Shelb14

TUG Member
Reaction score
While they do say that, room assignment is basically locked in about 3 days out from our experiences with animal kingdom villas and OKW.
Did you find out 3 days in advance by calling the resort? We are staying at OKW later this year, so I'm curious.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

sb2313

TUG Member
Reaction score
No, not exact room numbers. We had requests both times and they confirmed those were honored at 3 days out, but not exact room location.

Rsauer3473

TUG Member
Reaction score
I suggest you subscribe to Touring Plans. If you subscribe (about $12/year) you can review room views at all WDW resorts and make a request. TP sends in a faxed request about 7 days in advance of the stay. We have received rooms very close to those requested when we stayed at SSR and Kidani last summer. Touring Plans is affiliated with author Len Testa of Unofficial Guide to WDW.

Shelb14

TUG Member
Reaction score
I love Touring Plans, have been a member for years and have used their touring plans for every trip. We also used their room finder & request features for our SSR stay in 2015. We'll use it again for our upcoming stay at OKW! It's $12 well spent. I was curious who OP got confirmation from, days in advace, that room request was met. I'd like to do that for this upcoming trip (type A planner here).

Prayme36

TUG Member
Reaction score
I love Touring Plans, have been a member for years and have used their touring plans for every trip. We also used their room finder & request features for our SSR stay in 2015. We'll use it again for our upcoming stay at OKW! It's $12 well spent. I was curious who OP got confirmation from, days in advace, that room request was met. I'd like to do that for this upcoming trip (type A planner here).

I didn't get a room request confirmation. What I said/meant was that my exchange had been confirmed via RCI.

Firepath

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC
Even when your room is assigned and ready the day of check in, they will text you but not give you the room #. You have to go the front desk and pay your $190 fee first.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
Only if you didn't already do online check-in, I assume. If you do online check-in, they will automatically charge your card on file the $190 and text you your room number along with a link to a map of the resort.

Last edited:

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
FWIW, I have Touring Plans and put in room requests every time. I have never gotten my request through DVC but always gotten it through RCI (except when I had the preferred/standard wrong) but our room location was actually BETTER than my request.

icydog

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Now I've learned something. I never knew Touring Plans sent over room requests.