• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

El Cid Marina Beach Hotel and Yacht Club-Mazatlan

BSE

TUG Member
Reaction score
Any fairly recent experiences with this timeshare?
If so, please let me know your impressions.
Also, any advice as to upgrades, type of meal plans, etc. would be much appreciated!

Thx. Barb

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Can't help much about the resort, only the location & perception. This was one of the first resort/hotels in the 'new' Marina when it was built maybe 10 years ago, so it's starting to show it's age. It is on the fringe of the Zona Dorado 'Golden Zone' tourist area. It's a short taxi run to the 'new' WalMart and mall- no bus goes directly there. Last time we were there, there were more empty shop/restaurant fronts on the promenade overlooking the marina than those that were open, And those closed early. There is no beach per se. You would have to go to the El Cid Tower for that. City buses go by about every 5 minutes- 7-10 pesos (30-50c) It isn't far. I think the units may have a fridge/microwave and maybe a 2 burner cooktop and small appliances. No range. Their website says they charge for wi-fi in the public areas.

In short, this resort wouldn't be my top choice unless I wanted a quiet time to curl up with a good book.

As usual, my $.02 worth.

Jim

Deer Path

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is our favorite resort!! Yes, it is small but we like that. You can take a boat which runs all day over to the Beach. It is soft sand but has Cabanas and chairs and can order food there and is quieter than the one at the Towers. The food is very good at both pool grills and upstairs at the La Marina restaurant. It now has a very nice restaurant on the patio by the lobby bar with a special menu. If you enjoy fishing you can go out with the Aries fleet right there which is what we do frequently. If you catch fish they will fix it for you for dinner. They have updated the units in the last year with new sofas sleepers which are very comfortable for sitting on. Their shuttle runs all day between the El Cid resorts which you can use any of the restaurants at the El Moro Towers or Granada. I guess it what every you like. They also have a nice hot tub near the Iguana Grill and pool. That pool is cooler in the winter and has a rock wall you can jump off of into the deeper water. The pool by the Calipso is warmer and that is where they have activities - water exercises/bingo/volleyball and sometimes other games. We enjoy this resort 3 or 4 times a year. It depends on what you are looking for.

keepitsimple

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mazatlan
We own at El Cid Marina, but my mother cannot travel anymore, and my son is married with his own family. My husband and I want to sell/get rid of interest El Cid Marina, although we have enjoyed it. Does anyone have any experience/advice how to do this? I have not found anything specific about selling timeshares in Mexico on TUG.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience/advice how to do this? I have not found anything specific about selling timeshares in Mexico on TUG.
The big hang-up on ridding ones self of any Mexican timeshare is that there are so many of them that they are easy rentals or exchanges, coupled with high transfer fees to put your interval in someone else's name. First things first, find out what they charge to transfer your ownership. Post it either here or in the Bargain Deals sub-forum. I'd like to know even if I'm not in buying mode.

Jim

keepitsimple

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mazatlan
Jim[/QUOTE]
Thanks. We will try to call El Cid to see if they will give us information over the phone regarding transfer fees and what paperwork we will need. We assumed we would have to fly there and do this in person, which would be one final vacation, but expensive as we live in the Midwest.