• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

ELysian Beach Resort

Cdn Gal

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have been looking for awhile and I am unable to find any availability at all for this resort. Is it because I own resale points? If not, what is a good strategy for which I can get access to this place? Many thanks for all of your advice, Joanne

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
That you own resale points has no bearing on your ability to make a reservation there. Some resorts were originally sold as deeded fixed/floating weeks and only a small number of owners may have converted their deeded ownership into points, so Club Wyndham may just have a small number of rooms available.

The Elysian (along with Bluebeards Beach Club) is one of those resorts. so it more just a function of the limited inventory owned by the Club, combined with those owners who have ARP at that resort.

Last edited:

Cdn Gal

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Well that makes sense since I checked listings on ebay and a studio fixed week appeared. It just seems odd that there is nothing from now on out to the 10 month mark. Many thanks :)

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Elysian Beach
I have been looking for awhile and I am unable to find any availability at all for this resort. Is it because I own resale points? If not, what is a good strategy for which I can get access to this place? Many thanks for all of your advice, Joanne
As a longtime owner at Elysian Beach I own fixed units and converted points units. With the transfer of the vast majority of the points units to Worldmark over the last several years the Wyndham points week units are limited to two or less being available to book ten months ahead for all Wyndham point owners. In other words the high priced maintenance fees that I pay annually to Wyndham (~$975/ unit) does not allow me to book at my home resort. The majority of units you will see for rent will be fixed weeks from owners or weeks reserved by Worldmark owners with their very favorable point rates to rent here. As they love to say on this and other sites they now own the resort. What do they think happened to the previous owners that are still paying here for rooms that we cannot book. We got screwed by Wyndham without any notice, options or compensation. Purchasing additional points to stay at Margaritaville is even more ludicrous. Beware they will change the rules again, and you will be screwed too!

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
Wyndham can only transfer what they owned to WM. They could not transfer any converted weeks because the underlying deeded week is not their property, and they are required to transfer property to WM free and clear.

Now the loss of access to those previously Wyndham-owned weeks certainly would make it more difficult to reserve there. But can't you use your ARP to reserve usage before Club Wyndham members?

gregmcgolf

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
259,000 Wyndham Access Points
Does anyone know if there are additional charges at the Elysian Resort over and above the 25.00 energy fee per unit per day?
Your help would be most appreciated.
Thanks

Tia

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes the USVI government has added a $25/day timeshare impact fee.

I have read there are a couple lawsuits re but have not read if any temporary restraining order was requested to stop the collection .

Does anyone know if there are additional charges at the Elysian Resort over and above the 25.00 energy fee per unit per day?
Your help would be most appreciated.
Thanks

gregmcgolf

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks! Son and Daughter in Law are thinking of going there and were afraid of "all inclusive" fees being added. I told them i thought is was only the 11 dollars a day per person energy fee and the 25 dollar a day timeshare impact fee. This doesn't appear to be an all inclusive resort.
Appreciate the help.

Free2Roam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Quarter House, a handful of East Coast beach resorts
Definitely not all-inclusive. But I was hoping the $25/day government fee would be replacing the per person resort energy fee, which would minimize the impact of the new government fee.

gregmcgolf

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Definitely not all-inclusive. But I was hoping the $25/day government fee would be replacing the per person resort energy fee, which would minimize the impact of the new government fee.
Yes, that would be great if so. I do know that when i checked the info on their website they specifically mentioned the 25.00 dollar fee but did not list the energy fee, so possibly you are right. I hope so, but i don't know. I suppose the only way to know is to call the resort. I tried calling Wyndham last night but after being on hold over an hour and the automated voice telling me that i still had over 60 minutes to wait, i hung up. Wish there was a quicker way to talk to someone there. Seems unfair to owners.