• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

email just received - Important Updates to Your CLUB WYNDHAM Plus Program Guidelines

ilya

TUG Member
Reaction score
[. And it does seem somewhat arbitrary that if she simply had a couple more co-owners on the account (e.g. adult children as many do) she could use those names upfront to make the reservation, then change it to the correct person later, using only the single expected GC per unit.

What is the best way to add co-owners to an account.

seascapemvy

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am a small owner 240,000 points who purchased to use for weekend travel. I love Wyndham and find it goes well with my DVC ownership. I also find some issues with the new plan, especially the credit pool. If they really want you to assign the points to one year they should change the pooling system to how DVC does it. Let everyone pool their points up to 6 months before the end of the use year for free. Also let everyone borrow from the next year, but require the owner to pay the dues on them.

Last edited:

happyhopian

Reaction score
the guest confirm fee dosen't go to Wyndham
who do you think it goes to. I was told an annual meeting a while back that Wyndham was in control of the fee. This was in response to a question about the rule change from years back on VIP. Are you saying that the funds do not go to wyndham that would be very interesting because if it goes back to the POA of the resort I'm not seeing it anywhere.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
So it might be a reason to pick up some resale points and putting additional names to the contract so that they show up on your list of owner names.

Or just take one of the deeds she owns, prepare a new deed with a few new names and pay wyndhams transfer fee

Last edited:

happyhopian

Reaction score
Or just take one of the deeds she owns, prepare a new deed with a few new names and pat wyndhams transfer fee
There is no cost for adding family members. Just call title and tell them you have a family transfer. There is a special department for this but I don't have that number. I know the stipulation is that they must be immediate family but there is no cost to add them or fully transfer to them.

ilya

TUG Member
Reaction score
There is no cost for adding family members. Just call title and tell them you have a family transfer. There is a special department for this but I don't have that number. I know the stipulation is that they must be immediate family but there is no cost to add them or fully transfer to them.

How old do the kids have to be? And this would include father as immediate family?

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
who do you think it goes to. I was told an annual meeting a while back that Wyndham was in control of the fee. This was in response to a question about the rule change from years back on VIP. Are you saying that the funds do not go to wyndham that would be very interesting because if it goes back to the POA of the resort I'm not seeing it anywhere.

It neither goes to Wyndham or to the resort. It goes to the club (fairshare trust)

Remember that thing called the program fee. That's what we all pay to run our club. The program fee is the biggest part of the clubs income but there are other things too. Things like housekeeping, and transaction fees and interest and yes. Guest confirmations too

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am a small owner 240,000 points who purchased to use for weekend travel. I love Wyndham and find it goes well with my DVC ownership. I also find some issues with the new plan, especially the credit pool. If they really want you to assign the points to one year they should change the pooling system to how DVC does it. Let everyone pool their points up to 6 months before the end of the use year for free. Also let everyone borrow from the next year, but require the owner to pay the dues on them.

Borrowing is already a thing, as is renting points. The credit pool was meant to allow us "save" points for the future.. Now, thats what it does

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score

even better My point was that it was easy and cheap to effect a transfer...turns out its even cheaper than I thought

ilya

TUG Member
Reaction score
even better My point was that it was easy and cheap to effect a transfer...turns out its even cheaper than I thought

Do you know the cost to add a family member (father) and procedure. At what age can you add your kids?

seascapemvy

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Borrowing is already a thing, as is renting points. The credit pool was meant to allow us "save" points for the future.. Now, thats what it does
But you can only borrow for a reservation with 60 days or a partial day at 10 months. As for banking or pooling for most owners it must be done prior to the start of the year and I think based on all the changes they should change that.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Clearly, you do not understand that designating a co-owner within 48 hours is no different than adding a guest name within 48 hours.

If I understand the new rules correctly, an owner cannot hold overlapping reservations under their name beyond 48 hours (overlapping reservations in the same name are cancelled after 48 hours), then change to another co-owner after 48 hours beyond the reservation. Changing the name to another co-owner after 48 hours would require the $100 change fee, just as it would with a change to a guest name.

Or am I wrong?

Yes you are wrong. It doesn't cost anything to change a reservation from one co-owner to another. At the time of booking you can select which co-owner you want on a reservation. Currently you have to call in to change it to a different co-owner but maybe that will change with the new system.

Having more than one owner on an account is very helpful when you are moving resorts. Say we are staying in Bonnet Creek checking out today and moving to Ocean Walk. I would have booked an overlapping reservation under the other one of us starting yesterday at Ocean Walk so when we get there we can get right into our unit. Week nights are usually not many points to book and since we live in Florida when we stay at one of the Florida resorts we are driving and have a fair amount of food that needs refrigerating. So all I have to worry about is keeping stuff cold/frozen on the drive from Bonnet Creek to Ocean Walk. VIP get early check in 2pm but you will still have 4 hours from the 10am check out time and there is absolutely no guarantee that your unit will be ready by 2pm. We have even had to wait past 4pm upon occasion so we use a few points and save ourselves the headache.

I know the resorts have refrigerators that you can put stuff in but at the big resorts do they really have enough refrigerators to handle a lot of people? The resorts always tell you that if you have to move units not to worry as they will store all your stuff for you. One time when we were flying in and had a lot of time before the 2pm early check in we stopped to pick up a few breakfast and lunch things to kill some time until check in. At 2pm our unit wasn't ready so we separated the few things that needed refrigeration into just a single plastic bag and asked for it to be stored in the refrigerator until our unit was ready. The desk person took it in the back and came right back out so we knew they hadn't put our stuff in the refrigerator. We asked and were told that someone else would take care of that as there was other stuff sitting back there to be put away. That was a time that our unit wasn't ready until 4:15. After that My husband and I said never again as we had no idea how long our stuff sat out.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
Do you know the cost to add a family member (father) and procedure. At what age can you add your kids?

They have to be 21 to be on the deed.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
The more things change; The more they stay the same

for any one that wants a little historical perspective I suggest you search TUG for Kendra Bowers. I was up way past my bedtime reading her posts after the last big set of anti megarenter changes. You could also read Bill Spearmans article in "Timesharing Today http://www.tstoday.com/members/magazine/issue104/wyndham comments.pdf

As near as I can piece it together, the short story is that they were both megarenters leading up to the changes Wyndham made in 2009. Transaction fees were introduced, Guest fees were introduced at $29 then almost immediately raised to $99, and no more owner to owner transfer of points

Owners were outraged and some, including both Bowers and Spearman sued Wyndham.. Secondary market prices dropped to zero. some mega renters couldnt adapt and dropped out, rumor has it that Kendra got bought out (some would say got paid off) and the Spearman suit continues... Life goes on

So what what else happened.. Secondary market prices went to zero (maybe because of the rule changes, maybe because of the great recession) Some new owners saw opportunity and built even bigger megarenting businesses, and we saw the rise of the points managers.

and now Wyndham has introduced another round of changes. My guess is that some of us will sue, and some be sued, and some will sell out but as before there will be some that see opportunity in the chaos and figure out how to turn that opportunity into success.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
The fees go to the trust, The fees are not Wyndham profit centers >> No doubt the management fee will go up a bit because of these fees, but the real beneficiaries are the members, The increased revenue to the trust will serve to keep the program fee from increasing as much as it otherwise would.
If you have developer and resale points. Do you pay .57 program fee on all points or .57 on developer points and .55 on resale points ?

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
They have to be 21 to be on the deed.

Thats not true.. They have to be 21 to check in but anyone at any age can be on the deed (even my dog)

You can even get another owner on the account by making a small change on the deed but not changing ownership... I had an account with over 10 names in the "other owner" dropdown

Ronald J Parise
Ron J Parise
RJ Parise
R John Parise
Ronald John Parise
Ron John Parise

etc etc

ilya

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thats not true.. They have to be 21 to check in but anyone at any age can be on the deed (even my dog)

You can even get another owner on the account by making a small change on the deed but not changing ownership... I had an account with over 10 names in the "other owner" dropdown

Ronald J Parise
Ron J Parise
RJ Parise
R John Parise
Ronald John Parise
Ron John Parise

etc etc

Ron, will all those owner names work as separate owners? I can add my 2 teenagers?

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
This also means the person will be responsible for maintenance fees if at some point in the future I can't pay or I am dead. I won't do that to any family member unless they want this responsibility. I can guarantee you that after my death, Wyndham will chase and harrass the member or members I add to one deed for the full membership costs.

Sure; but you will save the $99 fees you are bitching about

I take a different approach than many when it comes to rule changes.

I take a look at the new rules and the effect they have on me and my family and then figure out how to work within my new reality. Maybe I have to make some changes, and maybe not, Maybe its gonna cost me some money, and maybe its gonna coat me some time. or maybe not. No matter what I adapt to Wyndham rather than expecting wyndham to adapt to me.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
I can sympathize with trying to plan family vacations with a large number of people because we only have the one son and this is the fourth year I've tried to plan a stay using my ARP at Glacier Canyon for him and his family. The first year I booked the week of our granddaughter's birthday which is the week before my DIL starts back for the new school year. My DIL got a job at a different school and they needed that week to move and for her to get her new classroom set up. The second year my son changed jobs and didn't have the vacation time. By the third year I was down to only booking 5 nights but they had our second granddaughter in June so not interested in going with a new baby. This year I only booked 4 week nights so I didn't tie nearly as many points. I have vowed that if they screw this one up my husband and I are going to fly from Florida to Cleveland, OH to get the older granddaughter to take her to Glacier Canyon for her 6th birthday. We will fly into either Chicago or Madison and rent a car to drive the rest of the way. In the past I've always had enough notice from them to cancel the reservation more than 30 days out but this time I'm not giving up that reservation. The first couple of years it irritated me that I used my ARP for a reservation that I ended up cancelling and then ended up with all those cancelled points with the restrictions on them at the time.

But as much as I sympathize I do understand that owners who tie up as many as 10 units at the favored resorts in prime weeks are seen by Wyndham as abusing the system and hurting other owners, even other VIP owners. I'm guessing that Wyndham has very little sympathy and one of the big reasons is that if you are tying up 6-10 units they most likely see you as a mega rental or points manager rather than an individual planning a family vacation. Another reason is that they see you as hoarding reservation to get the discount and free upgrades when those windows open which they consider manipulating the inventory to your advantage instead of booking or upgrading what is available at that time which is how the system was intended to work if you read the directory as Ron and others have pointed out more than once. Your VIP benefits only entitle you to the discounts and upgrades on what is available in those windows. If you are hoarding reservations to manipulate the system to your benefit, no matter what the sales people have coached each and every one of us to do, Wyndham has the written guidelines on their side to say that is abusing your VIP benefits. BTW I don't like it one bit more than any other VIP owner but I'm smart enough to understand that Wyndham has the right to enforce those guidelines in any way they fit. They also have an obligation not to allow VIP owners to take unfair advantage they were never intended to have over the non VIP owners.

For every owner who ties up multiple units for family members who "might want to go", sometimes holding them clear down to the 15 day cancellation window, there are probably 10 if not 20 or more owners and point managers who rent doing the same thing. The other say 75% of the owners see all that inventory suddenly available that they couldn't get for their family vacations and now it is too late for them to be able to use it. These are the owners who have been telling Wyndham they are unhappy with their ownership and Wyndham listened. We big point VIP owners aren't very likely to be buying any more points directly from Wyndham, the smaller point owners are a better target for sales.

I'm sure the owners who wrote letters like the OP have provided Wyndham employees with a lot of laughs. The response letter basically stated, you have guest confirmations and that is what they are for so use them. Which translated means, suck it up buttercup, you had a good ride while it lasted but these changes are here to stay. Maybe OP who have owned longer than we have can point out any change to VIP benefits that Fairfield or Wyndham ever rescinded because owners complained. You can call me cynical or realistic but your efforts would be much better spent figuring out how you can adapt to be able to do what you want to do. Again Ron's words of wisdom and worth heeding.

Last edited:

Lita

TUG Member
Reaction score
those different names worked for me

Just called title services. Anyone added to the title will be fully responsible for the account as an owner.

They charge $299 to change title, but if the title is a deeded unit then one must do the work to get the title changed and recorded before paying the $299 change fee with title services. It's easier on a Club Wyndham Access account which doesn't have a recorded deed and all needed work can be done by Wyndham to add the names.

One must include the name, birthdate, and address. So Ron, in your list of 10 variations of your name, did you have to give 10 different birth dates and 10 addresses?

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score

Ronald J Parise
Ron J Parise
RJ Parise
R John Parise
Ronald John Parise
Ron John Parise
etc etc

Brilliant!

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access

Ronald J Parise
Ron J Parise
RJ Parise
R John Parise
Ronald John Parise
Ron John Parise

etc etc

Thanks that is very good to know. Wyndham told us our son had to be 21 to be on our deed! More than once as we rolled over our points into a single contract when buying more points. And we had to pay $100 to have him added to our deed later as he wasn't yet 21. I wonder if that has changed in the almost 10 years since our son turned 21 or did the State be owned in make a difference? Do you know what if anything it costs to add a family member to your deed?

Last edited: