• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

email just received - Important Updates to Your CLUB WYNDHAM Plus Program Guidelines

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I haven't seen anything of value on the preview site. I am less than impressed with what functionality I have seen there. Certainly no sneak previews of any of the important stuff that's been discussed here. Like booking a room? Requesting an upgrade? ARP?

I can't imagine Wyndham introducing these new rules and have them working decently. I predict a lot of issues with the upgrading stuff. I can see unhappy people if they get part of a reservation upgraded, or lose a nice ocean front room for a parking lot view (assuming people are still able to request particular rooms with the new system).

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen anything of value on the preview site. I am less than impressed with what functionality I have seen there. Certainly no sneak previews of any of the important stuff that's been discussed here. Like booking a room? Requesting an upgrade? ARP?

I can't imagine Wyndham introducing these new rules and have them working decently. I predict a lot of issues with the upgrading stuff. I can see unhappy people if they get part of a reservation upgraded, or lose a nice ocean front room for a parking lot view (assuming people are still able to request particular rooms with the new system).

Owner 101, Community, Knowledge Base, Learning Center, Video Library, Glossary, and FAQs sections are all present and accounted for.

Owner 101 has subgroups under "Whats Happening" of News Publications, Directories (CWP Member Directory and CWP Supplement 2017), Club Wyndham Faces and Places, and CW Insider.

There is no chat feature, a place for member to member communication, or any question and answer section that is interactive.

As part the roll-out, for the subgroups that are currently showing, I would guess that these would be updated at that time or in the months to follow.

Last edited:

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Owner 101, Community, Knowledge Base, Learning Center, Video Library, Glossary, and FAQs sections are all present and accounted for.

Owner 101 has subgroups under "Whats Happening" of News Publications, Directories (CWP Member Directory and CWP Supplement 2017), Club Wyndham Faces and Places, and CW Insider.

There is no chat feature, a place for member to member communication, or any question and answer section that is interactive.

As part the roll-out, for the subgroups that are currently showing, I would guess that these would be updated at that time or in the months to follow.

Yup, all read only type stuff. Nothing substantial, IMO.

whitewater

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach (1Br, 2Br)
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach - Monte Cristo Estates

agreed. Website is very slow, cumbersome, and many features only work 1/2 of the time. Thinking they have this thing hosted on a old 90's 386mhz desk top via AOL online dialup. Hope once the finalize and rollout it become much more stable & significantly faster. Its design is very bloated.

All the program changes outlined are fine with me and feel like I get a few more features. The only one that sucks, though I never used, was credit pooling of points. I can see the value in putting points away for future years. I'm taking a wait and see approach for both website & changes.

Not much else I/we can do...

happyhopian

Reaction score
Having reviewed the rules and talked with OC. I do not think the impact is that great. The fact that they did not implement a waitlist for bookings is HUGE. Only implementing a wait list for 'upgrades' will have a negative impact on EVERYONE including VIP owners who paid a lot of money for free upgrades and of course if you are gold or silver you are definitely screwed because the platinum owner who forgets to upgrade manually at 60 days, will now have the computer do it for him/her for free. If I was VIP and less than platinum or I didn't have lots of points I would be pissed. They have taken the 'opportunity' out of the system for those who are VIP to get ROI for their $$$$.

I have always booked two units on expensive vacations a 1br and a 3br ( I have three family owners on my account). I will do the same while selecting automatic upgrade on the 1br. If the 1br upgrades, I cancel the 3. The only thing wyndham has eliminated is the opportunity to book the 1br at 1/2 and then upgrade. I think upgrades will work fine and if not I will always have insurance AND when I cancel my 3, some lucky owner is also going to get an upgrade :)

happyhopian

Reaction score
I've spent some time on the NEW website this morning and WOW is it buggy. Clicking plus to expand and review the contracts, then clicking minus to collapse them makes them disappear. Points not correct. Titles and details not right on all, but right on some others. If they are launching this in 30 days I sure hope they have another version in the sandbox they are developing because this is going to light up the telephones when it goes live.

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
I can't figure out why upgrades are of so much interest. I don't need them. IM not going to book a one bedroom when I really need a two bdrm. The is neither a positive or negative in itself. The thing it did do is cost me the opportunity to obtain more points. Unless family is going with us, we always get a one bdrm. If family is going with us am I going to get a 1 bedroom and expect to get a two bdrm? No. Before, would I have booked two, two bdrms and attempted to cancel and rebook. This new change is, as far as a m concerned is worthless.

Sent from my RCT6873W42 using Tapatalk

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Having reviewed the rules and talked with OC. I do not think the impact is that great. The fact that they did not implement a waitlist for bookings is HUGE. Only implementing a wait list for 'upgrades' will have a negative impact on EVERYONE including VIP owners who paid a lot of money for free upgrades and of course if you are gold or silver you are definitely screwed because the platinum owner who forgets to upgrade manually at 60 days, will now have the computer do it for him/her for free. If I was VIP and less than platinum or I didn't have lots of points I would be pissed. They have taken the 'opportunity' out of the system for those who are VIP to get ROI for their $$$$.

I have always booked two units on expensive vacations a 1br and a 3br ( I have three family owners on my account). I will do the same while selecting automatic upgrade on the 1br. If the 1br upgrades, I cancel the 3. The only thing wyndham has eliminated is the opportunity to book the 1br at 1/2 and then upgrade. I think upgrades will work fine and if not I will always have insurance AND when I cancel my 3, some lucky owner is also going to get an upgrade :)
It also depends on whether you really need the 3 br. While a 1 br booked early may still have an ok chance at an auto upgrade, that auto upgrade is just as likely to be a 2br. If your insurance is booking another 3 br that you do not cancel than wyndham will still get a 3 br which was paid for with the full points. You will also have to be more careful if you are doing these cancellations toward the end of the year. If you are platinum you will still have the oppertunity to move the points but if it were a reservation with points that have already been moved they will expire.

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
It also depends on whether you really need the 3 br. While a 1 br booked early may still have an ok chance at an auto upgrade, that auto upgrade is just as likely to be a 2br. If your insurance is booking another 3 br that you do not cancel than wyndham will still get a 3 br which was paid for with the full points. You will also have to be more careful if you are doing these cancellations toward the end of the year. If you are platinum you will still have the oppertunity to move the points but if it were a reservation with points that have already been moved they will expire.
That goes to my previous post, which points will Wyndham use first? Points moved forward, or regular use year points?

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
That goes to my previous post, which points will Wyndham use first? Points moved forward, or regular use year points?

The rumor was the new system would let you choose which points. I seems like that may not be the case and the system only knows to to pick the points expiring first which means it will not be able to distinquish ARP points you wanted to keep and pooled or moved points that you might want to use first.

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.
I can't figure out why upgrades are of so much interest. I don't need them. IM not going to book a one bedroom when I really need a two bdrm. The is neither a positive or negative in itself. The thing it did do is cost me the opportunity to obtain more points. Unless family is going with us, we always get a one bdrm. If family is going with us am I going to get a 1 bedroom and expect to get a two bdrm? No. Before, would I have booked two, two bdrms and attempted to cancel and rebook. This new change is, as far as a m concerned is worthless.

I agree. If my wife and I are going somewhere, we book a 1 BR. Getting a 2 or 3 BR is if no value to us. When traveling with family (we have 2 x 3BR's booked at Bonnet Creek in December), we book 3 BR's... We would never book 2 x 1 or 2 BR's hoping for an upgrade. We go on 8-10 trips a year, so even if Platinum VIP we wouldn't have enough points to double and triple book rooms to play the system. But I do understand the benefit of upgrading from a 1 BR to a 2-3 BR and getting a points discount. Getting points back would be great, just not worth $100-$200K, to me at least...

Last edited:

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
...but the problem is those that spent the $100,000+ feel that they are entitled to getting a 3 br for half the points of a 1 br.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
...but the problem is those that spent the $100,000+ feel that they are entitled to getting a 3 br for half the points of a 1 br.

Yep. If I were a VIP owner who had been working the system within the existing rules (and likely sold on that system by the salespeople in the first place), I'd be pretty POed. As it stands, I expect I can divest if I need to and get back what I put into it.

HtownRose

TUG Member
Reaction score
The change to the credit pool feature will be a big hassle for me. I have credit pooled my odd year points in December of every even year & then had plenty of time to decide how & when I'll use my points. I just sent a complaint via the online message option on the old website.

Are they still accepting contracts back? Might be time for me to do that once I've taken my last vacation in January 2018. Luckily I booked it & 2 2017 vacations all on 1 day last month.

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Owners Care informed me this morning that if a reservation is made under the new system and the guest pass is added at the same time, it will cost 1 reservation and one guest certificate. When I asked about if two reservations were made the same day, she hung up on me.

Yesterday, a owner made a reservation on my account for a split reservation. Three e-mails came in for the same reservations. One each correctly under the owner's name. One came in saying the owner was a guest.

Called Reservations, the indicated that they did not actually charge the guest certificate.

UPDATE: Called Owners Care back, got a different rep. He indicated that if 2 reservations and a maintenance fee transaction were made on the same day, than each would get charged a Reservation Transaction.

Last edited:

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
At Patriot's Place. As you might imagine the sales sharks are already priming the upgrade pump...

Him: "Exciting new changes just announced, great time to upgrade your acct!!"
Me: "You mean destroying the cancel-rebook benefit you sold me on three years ago?"

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
At Patriot's Place. As you might imagine the sales sharks are already priming the upgrade pump...

Him: "Exciting new changes just announced, great time to upgrade your acct!!"
Me: "You mean destroying the cancel-rebook benefit you sold me on three years ago?"

FYI, Patriot's Place does not have a sales office at this point, they refer you to a different Wyndham Resort sales office.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts

Some might feel they are "entitled" to that benefit if that is what they were sold.

I bought with full understanding that the rules were subject to change at anytime, fully knowing that no loophole lasts forever. But I have to imagine that there are some who feel more strongly about it right now, and I have to imagine that there is more than one lawyer that is racking up some billable hrs right now, as futile as that is.

Last edited:

Joe33426

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cove at Yarmouth, Star Island, La Belle Maison, Grand Desert, and Bali Hai Villas
agreed. Website is very slow, cumbersome, and many features only work 1/2 of the time. Thinking they have this thing hosted on a old 90's 386mhz desk top via AOL online dialup. Hope once the finalize and rollout it become much more stable & significantly faster. Its design is very bloated.

Thanks for writing this. Gave a me good laugh and I needed some humor today! I remember AOL and dial up...

The design is very similar to the recent overhaul at RCI, which is equally slow and difficult to navigate.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score

That entitlement thing was a stupid mistake. The guy that spent $100000 is entitled to the same vacations at the same cost as anyone else plus the possibility of a free upgrade or a discounted vacation.

he is entitled to one extra, and thats a free newspaper delivered to his door

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
The rumor was the new system would let you choose which points. I seems like that may not be the case and the system only knows to to pick the points expiring first which means it will not be able to distinquish ARP points you wanted to keep and pooled or moved points that you might want to use first.
VCs have been able to reassign points to accommodate ARP.
A VIP Platinum makes a 10 month reservation in October and hasn't moved his current years points forward yet. Then in November wants to make ARP reservation for Christmas the VCs move points to contracts to accomplish the reservation.

If they can't do that it doesn't matter if you've moved points forward or not. The result is the same

Makai Guy

Administrator
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Spicebush (Hilton Head Island)
Two posts of harassment towards another poster have been deleted. Staff here is quickly running out of patience with this. This is a valuable topic -- it would be a shame to see it closed due to the actions of a few.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
I agree. If my wife and I are going somewhere, we book a 1 BR. Getting a 2 or 3 BR is if no value to us. When traveling with family (we have 2 x 3BR's booked at Bonnet Creek in December), we book 3 BR's... We would never book 2 x 1 or 2 BR's hoping for an upgrade. We go on 8-10 trips a year, so even if Platinum VIP we wouldn't have enough points to double and triple book rooms to play the system. But I do understand the benefit of upgrading from a 1 BR to a 2-3 BR and getting a points discount. Getting points back would be great, just not worth $100-$200K, to me at least...

I don't understand how you can say upgrades are of no interest to you (or agree with someone who said that).

If you can book a 1BR Suite and upgrade to a 1BR for you and your wife, you are better off because you saved some points. For your two 3BR units for family, if you had been able to book two 1BR units and upgrade to 3BR units, you would have been better off. You could have taken another vacation.

Would that not be of interest to you?

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't understand how you can say upgrades are of no interest to you (or agree with someone who said that).

If you can book a 1BR Suite and upgrade to a 1BR for you and your wife, you are better off because you saved some points. For your two 3BR units for family, if you had been able to book two 1BR units and upgrade to 3BR units, you would have been better off. You could have taken another vacation.

Would that not be of interest to you?
Still not as good as if you could cancel and rebook

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
Still not as good as if you could cancel and rebook

Of course not, but he didn't say cancel and rebook wasn't of interest to him. He was talking about upgrades.