• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Entertainment book

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
They are on sale for $7, is it worth it? I know the local coupons are not that good, but do the still have coupons for regal cinema and a free movie on your birthday. I would purchase if still in the book

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
I haven't seen one of those in years -- figured the paper book went the way of the buggy whip. We used to get them every year, and learned to buy them for half price after the book was several months old. We would try a few new restaurants, but our book was always full of coupons for places on our regular rotation. Our local Ralph's grocery chain always had $5 "free money" every month in the book too. For $7 you should come out way ahead.

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
It has not been fruitful in our location,never used a coupon the last time I bought, but did use regal cinema. They won't let you look online anymore

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
I figured out I could get five off at a hot dog stand, and a few dollars at one restaurant, so it is the regular national coupons that would payoff

mjm1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
They are on sale for $7, is it worth it? I know the local coupons are not that good, but do the still have coupons for regal cinema and a free movie on your birthday. I would purchase if still in the book

We just bought one for $9 with free shipping. We will definitely get good use from it in the Las Vegas area. For $7 I don't think you can go wrong. Enjoy.

Mike

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hum, when I check their site I am seeing $12 and free shipping. Is there a code for a lower price?

It has been a while since I had one of these, but clicking through it looks like there is at least a couple I can use in my hometown.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Use promo code SECRET7

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score

I guess for $7, you can't really go wrong and don't have much to lose. I remember in the 80's (keep in mind inflation) when those books were selling for $50. But it's kind of funny that you bring up the Entertainment Book in a Timeshare/travel forum.

If people were to ask me my personal opinion on travel clubs, I would compare them to Entertainment books. The main difference is that the Entertainment books are a lot cheaper. For the most part, I have very little use for either. As they both might tout "Thousands of dollars in savings for only...$", a lot of the "savings" (for us, anyway) are for things that we rarely use or can find elsewhere for about the same price.

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree with you lanny. But I went ahead and purchased

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
$7 isn't much to find out if it works for you. I've purchased in the past and alway find a few that work out. Use just One restaurant coupon and you will probably save more then the $7.

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
They use to be a good deal and I use to buy one for every city we visited when they were available. However it's been a long time since I found them to be much value. Part of the issue is some of the coupons aren't any good any more. I my local book there's a coupon for a restaurant that's been out of business for a couple of years ago.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
They use to be a good deal and I use to buy one for every city we visited when they were available. However it's been a long time since I found them to be much value. Part of the issue is some of the coupons aren't any good any more. I my local book there's a coupon for a restaurant that's been out of business for a couple of years ago.
I noticed this too. I think what happens is that Entertainment sells them ads in their books to be listed for several years, not just for the next book. They don't follow up each year to make sure the business is still in operation before printing and undoubtedly some will of them will have closed. So they continue to have coupons listed even though they aren't around. In face, we had one business that had coupons listed for a couple years after the building had been torn down and replaced with something new.

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
Also some businesses claim they never agreed to sign up again, but are in the book. There used to be a golf card and they listed a golf course that had been sold years before and was a mall. I called about it and was told that they had been there two months before and had verified it was a golf course

mdurette

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank Dioxide for the code. I ordered one....I'm sure there will be at least $7 in savings somewhere in it. Even if it is just a buy one get one sandwich at Subway!

Pens_Fan

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
They don't have one for our area.

I guess that's why I haven't seen one around in a while.

presley

TUG Member
Reaction score
Those books have changed so much. I used to buy them for around $40. when my kids were small. We saved hundreds of dollars every year with them. A few years ago I looked at them again and found many of the businesses listed were out of business. I just looked online and see they still have coupons for businesses that have been long closed in my area.

I did use an Entertainment coupon a couple years ago from having II gold membership. Since then, I've always checked to see if there was another coupon I'd use and haven't seen anything. I think I don't even have a gold II membership at this point. Those books used to be such a hot item. Now, they are pretty worthless in my area.

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
I remember going to New Orleans and Nashville with the book and doing many tours and restaurants at half price. Now the books have nothing of value

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
Re: Businesses in the book that are no longer in business. Have you looked at your local yellow pages? I check my AT&T and Frontier book every year when they come out because I am looking to see which of my competitors are gone and who's still there and did their ad change in the draperies/blinds/window treatments categories. The books are getting so small that they are leaving old listings up simply to bulk up the book -- I know because I call the numbers if I know someone is out of business just to see if maybe they sold their phone number. Used to be just the "junk yellow pages" that went right to the trash that were full of bogus listings (or of people like me who didn't pay to be in them but still got listed to bulk up the book). They are trying to give the impression that the paper books still have value when so much of the advertising budget for businesses has gone to the internet.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I couldn't get the above code to work, but I found the promo code: 48HOURS for a $9.00 book
The code was only good for that weekend, three days I think. The new sale is $9 books.

mdurette

TUG Member
Reaction score
I received my book in today. I quickly flipped through it and if I can remember to put it in my car and then remember to use it, then I can easily see myself saving a few hundred dollars on places I go to all the time anyway.

Not much in the way of restaurants like they use to have, but a handful of pretty good ones in Newport, RI that we frequent.

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
Received book, not worth it. Listed regal cinemas, no coupons in book, instead of Naples fort Myers, filled with Sarasota coupons. Probably won't use at all

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Haven't bought an Entertainment book in years but I used to buy them for Vegas vacations.

I find great deals on Groupon, Living Social, Travelzoo, Goldstar. We've used deals through all of them when we are on vacations and at home too.

If you are going to Vegas check out the auctions on eBay for vegas4locals. Also check out the Vegas4Locals website for deals for things in Vegas. Btw you don't have to live in Vegas.