• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Floating Week???

The Coop's

Reaction score
Will someone please explain to me how a "floating week" work. I have only had experience dealing with a fixed week. Mostly what I wane to know is how do you book your week, how much time in advance should you book it, and how can you trade a floating week on RCI or any of the other company's like RCI? In advance Thank you. I have never seen a forum that has so many people who care enough to answer questions from complete strangers.
Also if you have any info about this resort I would love to hear about it.

LANDMARK HOLIDAY BEACH RESORT
Panama City Beach
2 Bed/ 2 Bath Annual, Sleeps 6
Floating Weeks (1-22, 34-52)

tashamen

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Embarc points (former Club Intrawest), Trapp Family Lodge
Will someone please explain to me how a "floating week" work. I have only had experience dealing with a fixed week. Mostly what I wane to know is how do you book your week, how much time in advance should you book it, and how can you trade a floating week on RCI or any of the other company's like RCI? In advance Thank you. I have never seen a forum that has so many people who care enough to answer questions from complete strangers.
Also if you have any info about this resort I would love to hear about it.

LANDMARK HOLIDAY BEACH RESORT
Panama City Beach
2 Bed/ 2 Bath Annual, Sleeps 6
Floating Weeks (1-22, 34-52)

There are probably nearly as many different versions of how/when to reserve a floating week, how/when to deposit it and who will accept that deposit as there are resorts/groups of resorts that have floating weeks. So if you're looking specifically for information about Landmark Holiday Beach, do a search here (in the Search box at the top right just type in Landmark Holiday Beach) - I just did that and it pulled up some threads with people mentioning that they own or have owned there. Then you could send those people a PM through TUG.

I could give you my own example from Trapp Lodge where I own a float week, but have no idea if any of that process is even remotely similar to that at Landmark.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
We formerly owned prime-season floating-week units at 2 very nice sister timeshare resorts located across the street from each other in Orlando FL. Our deed identified us as owners of specific units during particular weeks -- e.g., B36A10B on our deed meant we owned the connecting 36-A & 36-B lockoff units in Building B during Week 36.

Owning it during that specific week every year did not give us any special priority for using our own deeded unit, however. That's because the use rules, spelled out in the original condo documents for that timeshare, on file with the Orange County FL registrar along with all the other real estate deeds & covenants, dictated a floating-week system. That meant paid-up owners had to phone ahead for reservations.

The choicest prime weeks got snapped up soonest, so it was important to plan ahead & call early for a good week. The later we waited, the slimmer the pickings.

Waiting too long ran into the possibility of being shut out altogether -- getting no reservation for our own use even though we paid all our maintenance fees on time. How could that happen? If nothing was available when we called for a reservation, then what happened to the timeshare that we paid for via our maintenance fee? Easy. If we waited till too late, then our paid-for week was for one of those vacant units that nobody used, that remained vacant earlier in the year -- a perfectly good timeshare week that went to waste for lack of good planning & early reservation.

Fortunately that never happened to us -- although it did happen occasionally to others, who were hopping mad when they discovered they had been shut out because of their own slowness in calling to reserve their floating weeks.

One year we waiting so late to reserve that nothing was left except an October week that we had not planned on for vacationing. Rather than get shut out completely, we took the October week & had a nice surprise vacation. Live & learn.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

Hophop4

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV/Silverleaf Owners-Holiday Hills, Branson; Seaside, Galveston;
Landmark Holiday Beach Resort, PCB, FL
Did you get this resort?? We own at Landmark but it's a fixed week. Floating weeks are booked one year from the date you want to reserve. If you go to the website: http://landmarkpcb.com go to reservations and will describe in detail how to reserve. Also do you know what week this is deeded to for deeding purposes. If it's a week you want to use, I think you have more than 12 months to reserve. If you want any other infor feel free to message me. We've been going there every year for 10 years.

Last edited:

The Coop's

Reaction score
Did you get this resort?? We own at Landmark but it's a fixed week. Floating weeks are booked one year from the date you want to reserve. If you go to the website: http://landmarkpcb.com go to reservations and will describe in detail how to reserve. Also do you know what week this is deeded to for deeding purposes. If it's a week you want to use, I think you have more than 12 months to reserve. If you want any other infor feel free to message me. We've been going there every year for 10 years.
WOW thanks so much. I will ask her that first thing in the morning when I call.
Have you ever traded your week through RCI?

The Coop's

Reaction score
There are probably nearly as many different versions of how/when to reserve a floating week, how/when to deposit it and who will accept that deposit as there are resorts/groups of resorts that have floating weeks. So if you're looking specifically for information about Landmark Holiday Beach, do a search here (in the Search box at the top right just type in Landmark Holiday Beach) - I just did that and it pulled up some threads with people mentioning that they own or have owned there. Then you could send those people a PM through TUG.

I could give you my own example from Trapp Lodge where I own a float week, but have no idea if any of that process is even remotely similar to that at Landmark.
THANKS SO MUCH

The Coop's

Reaction score
THANKS SO MUCH

The Coop's

Reaction score

THANKS SO MUCH

The Coop's

Reaction score

THANKS

The Coop's

Reaction score

THANKS

The Coop's

Reaction score

THANKS

Hophop4

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV/Silverleaf Owners-Holiday Hills, Branson; Seaside, Galveston;
Landmark Holiday Beach Resort, PCB, FL
WOW thanks so much. I will ask her that first thing in the morning when I call.
Have you ever traded your week through RCI?

No. We own week 27 which is July 4th week most years except for this year and next year we miss the holiday. Summer weeks on the Florida Panhandle are hard to come by so we use it most of the time. I did rent it out couple years ago but gave it to the resort to rent so I lost money on it because they charge a commission. If you don't have kids best time to go is May or September on floating weeks. They do have a nice heated enclosed pool. They have been doing continuous upgades to the units.