• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Free: 126000 RCI points (odd year allocation)

Heron

TUG Member
Reaction score
Buyer would only pay closing and transfer fee. Closing would go through LT Transfers which costs about $150. I'd need to check to see if there is a transfer fee at Summer Bay. This is an odd year deeded week 33 at Summer Bay Clermont Florida. We've only stayed at the resort once, but it was awesome. We were using this week as a cheap way to have a points account before owning other points accounts so we could deposit our fixed weeks into points using pfd. We no longer need it and would like to downsize our portfolio. Maintenance fees including taxes are $632 billed January each year. Let me know if anyone is interested or wants more information.

JulieAB

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lifetime in Hawaii, Disney's Grand Californian
Buyer would only pay closing and transfer fee. Closing would go through LT Transfers which costs about $150. I'd need to check to see if there is a transfer fee at Summer Bay. This is an odd year deeded week 33 at Summer Bay Clermont Florida. We've only stayed at the resort once, but it was awesome. We were using this week as a cheap way to have a points account before owning other points accounts so we could deposit our fixed weeks into points using pfd. We no longer need it and would like to downsize our portfolio. Maintenance fees including taxes are $632 billed January each year. Let me know if anyone is interested or wants more information.
I'm pretty sure I want this. Would you let me do my due diligence today and get back to you? I'm at a conference today, so I'll need to research tonight.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Heron

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sure, whether you decide to take it or not, just PM me what you decide and I'll hold off on any other offers for a few days.

JulieAB

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lifetime in Hawaii, Disney's Grand Californian
Thanks for waiting, Heron. We decided to pass on this. I sent you a PM as well. :)

RNCollins

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tradewinds, Divi, Quarter House, Casa Ybel
Heron, how many bedrooms & bathrooms do your points get?

Heron

TUG Member
Reaction score
Heron, how many bedrooms & bathrooms do your points get?
If you are asking about the deed at Summer Bay, it is a 3 bedroom, 3 bathroom lockoff that sleeps 12.
If you are asking what 126000 points will get, it will easily get 3 bedroom units and more during prime months. Last use year, I booked a 4 bedroom townhouse at the summit at Massanutten during the summer and still had plenty of points left to do a 3 day weekend at Summer bay. The use year before, I booked 3 separate two bedroom units at Wyndham ocean palms in pompano Florida during summer break. Another we considered for next year was a 3 bedroom condo in Hilton Head for summer or spring break.

Leeyoo

Reaction score
If you are asking about the deed at Summer Bay, it is a 3 bedroom, 3 bathroom lockoff that sleeps 12.
If you are asking what 126000 points will get, it will easily get 3 bedroom units and more during prime months. Last use year, I booked a 4 bedroom townhouse at the summit at Massanutten during the summer and still had plenty of points left to do a 3 day weekend at Summer bay. The use year before, I booked 3 separate two bedroom units at Wyndham ocean palms in pompano Florida during summer break. Another we considered for next year was a 3 bedroom condo in Hilton Head for summer or spring break.
I sent you a PM.

Heron

TUG Member
Reaction score
So far this is still available. I'd be willing to transfer enough points to offset the closing and transfer fees. 2017 maintenance fees are already paid.

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
That's alot of points.
You can do alot with that.

Heron

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've got several of you considering it. Would it speed up the decision if I transfer all 126000 points from this year's allocation? All you pay is closing, RCI points account setup fee if you don't already have one, and resort transfer fee. Closing is around $150. Transfer fee used to be $50, but I'd need to check for sure. Or maybe a tugger who recently made a deal on a summer bay unit knows what the transfer fee is?

Reaction score
...Transfer fee used to be $50, but I'd need to check for sure. Or maybe a tugger who recently made a deal on a summer bay unit knows what the transfer fee is?

Last year (9/2016) when I gave away a Summer Bay unit the transfer fee was $100. Hope that helps.

rhonda

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
Can I get Disney properties with these points
You might want to be more specific with the question. I'm guessing you are asking if these points, coming from a resort close to WDW, are subject to DVC's regional block, enforced by RCI, that might prevent trading into the DVC resorts at WDW.

The block does not prevent trades into DVC locations outside of the WDW area. Thus, it would be easy to say, "Why yes, these points can book Disney properties" as they certainly could book Disney Hilton Head, Disney Vero Beach, etc.

Heron

TUG Member
Reaction score
Correct, these points cannot be used to book dvc in Orlando. Everything else is fair game. Thanks

Heron

TUG Member
Reaction score
You pay a max of $500 which will cover closing costs, 1st year of your new RCI points membership dues, current points transfer fee and the resort transfer fee. You get the deed plus all 126000 points from the 2017 allocation to use. Maintenance fee is already paid.

Heron

TUG Member
Reaction score
Maintenance fee is $632 paid yearly.
Another offer I can make would be for me to give 63000 rci points to the new owner and I'll pay all closing costs even including the new member fee and points transfer fees. You get 63000 points totally free and a deeded week that gets you 126000 points every other year.

MK15

Reaction score
Hi there, I'm new at this Timeshare thing so would you mind if I asked a few questions?

My wife and I enjoy staying at Summer Bay, so your post caught my eye. Her parents have 2 weeks deeded for a 2BR condo unit, but I thought their annual fee + property tax was a fair bit higher. Just to clarify, $632/yr includes the maintenance & property tax, but you only get 1 week every second year (unless you deposit for RCI points and use those points whenever)? Are there any other fees to maintain RCI membership? Any fees to, say, use the RCI value to book 2 weeks in a 2BR at Summer Bay in the fall (~Week 39) instead of the deeded week?

Sorry, I've tried Googling a lot of this stuff but I find systems are constantly changing and there's a lot of outdated guides, so I thought I'd ask someone more familiar. Thank you!

Heron

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, your description of the fees and how it works is correct. As far as RCI, you pay between $100 and $124 per year depending on how many years you pay for in advance. The 126000 Points show up in your RCI account in Sept. You can use those to book the room you own on the week you own without paying anything extra. That is too many points to make that exchange in my opinion so I'd never do that. Instead, you get (priority) early access to all the summer bay (exploria) resorts. So, you can book multiple weeks at Summer Bay for example. There is an exchange fee charged by RCI. The fee is $199 for booking 7 to 13 nights and $278 if you book 14 or more consecutive nights. The RCI Points membership also gives you access to use your points to book resorts that are in the RCI points and resorts that are in RCI weeks. You get access to extra vacations and last calls which are often great deals if you can travel outside of the prime summer season and they don't require you to use any points. So, your question about getting a two bedroom at Summer Bay in the fall could potentially be done without using any points because that isn't as busy as summer. Right now for instance you can book a Sept week using extra vacations for $200 to $300 for a week in a 2 bedroom. Worst case scenario is you have to book using your points. That week would cost you between 53000 and 60500 in a two bedroom per week if the points weren't discounted due to season. That means you could book you two weeks with these points and have leftover points. I usually never pay the full points cost for a Sept week in Orlando. They often are on sale in weeks where kids are in school. I hope that helps. Let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks

Heron

TUG Member
Reaction score
I should add that tug is a wonderful resource. You should be able to find out anything you want to know on this site. You mentioned being at the resort. Don't listen to anyone at the resort when it comes to these types of questions. They will try to sell you something for way more than it is worth.

MK15

Reaction score
Thank you very much for the detailed response. TUG definitely seems to be a great resource!

"Right now for instance you can book a Sept week using extra vacations for $200 to $300 for a week in a 2 bedroom. Worst case scenario is you have to book using your points."

Was wondering about this part. I think I've got my head around there being more value to depositing the week as 126K points versus using the deeded week. Is there some kind of booking in between where you "use" a week & a $199-$278 exchange fee?

I'm basically trying to compare the cost of this deed ($632+$125+$199 = $956/yr) for 1 week a year (or 2 weeks every 2 years for $632x2+$125x2+$278=$1,792=$896/yr avg) versus the 'sticker price' of a comparable vacation (~$1,400 incl tax and "resort fees" if I look at booking week 39 as a non-owner right now).

Heron

TUG Member
Reaction score
Your cost is accurate based on your scenario. Things it doesn't take into consideration are the benefits of being an owner. These benefits may or may not interest you, but here are some of them. RCI benefits that have nothing to do with your week or you points. These you get just because you are a member. Last calls - weeks of vacation that are still available within 45 days prior to check-in can be booked for less than $300 for the week. A clearance section if you will. Extra vacations are inventory that RCI gets and offer rentals to members. These prices range from $199 to thousands depending on the demand for that week. They often run sales on this inventory when it is within 6 months of check-in where they offer them for around $200 to $300 for a week. Really good deals in the fall, winter and spring. More info on that is here: https://www.rci.com/pre-rci-en_US/h...t-is-a-last-call-vacation.page?promo=Help51S1
RCI benefits for your timeshare week includes priority access to anything in your home resort using your points. You get first dibs at Summer Bay for instance. The biggest benefit is access to thousands of resorts around the world using your points. https://www.rci.com/pre-rci-en_US/help/rci-points.page?promo=Help51S1en_US
Below link is a points grid that shows points needed to book a specific resort.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...gg2MAM&usg=AFQjCNH_RT3lG_sRQ2w8nTZ33Bm5ngeixQ
Finally, there are benefits of being a summer bay owner if you intend to go there frequently. One benefit is discounts on the amenities that they charge extra for like zip lines or live shows. Another benefit is they sometimes offer owners cheap getaways or special accommodations.

MK15

Reaction score
That's some amazingly useful info looking through the point values. Thank you so much for all the detail!

I've got a lot to digest now, but your thoroughness is appreciated.

icydog

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, your description of the fees and how it works is correct. As far as RCI, you pay between $100 and $124 per year depending on how many years you pay for in advance. The 126000 Points show up in your RCI account in Sept. You can use those to book the room you own on the week you own without paying anything extra. That is too many points to make that exchange in my opinion so I'd never do that. Instead, you get (priority) early access to all the summer bay (exploria) resorts. So, you can book multiple weeks at Summer Bay for example. There is an exchange fee charged by RCI. The fee is $199 for booking 7 to 13 nights and $278 if you book 14 or more consecutive nights. The RCI Points membership also gives you access to use your points to book resorts that are in the RCI points and resorts that are in RCI weeks. You get access to extra vacations and last calls which are often great deals if you can travel outside of the prime summer season and they don't require you to use any points. So, your question about getting a two bedroom at Summer Bay in the fall could potentially be done without using any points because that isn't as busy as summer. Right now for instance you can book a Sept week using extra vacations for $200 to $300 for a week in a 2 bedroom. Worst case scenario is you have to book using your points. That week would cost you between 53000 and 60500 in a two bedroom per week if the points weren't discounted due to season. That means you could book you two weeks with these points and have leftover points. I usually never pay the full points cost for a Sept week in Orlando. They often are on sale in weeks where kids are in school. I hope that helps. Let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks

I guess in essence you're saying that each allocation of those 126,000 RCI points will cost the new owner $1264? Is that right $1264 for 126,000 points? Or $632 for 63,000 RCI Points? every other year? I just want to be clear here. Thank you

Edited to add the arithmetic. On every second year the new owner will have paid $1264 for 126,000 RCI points.

$1264/126,000 RCI points which equals ~.01 cent per point.

How does that compare with other RCI properties?

Personally, I'm guessing it's a GREAT ratio of points to dollars compared to most other offerings!!!

Last edited:

Heron

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, it is a penny per point. I would say most are over a penny per point. There are some that are less than a penny. A penny is a decent average in my opinion. The .006 to .008 are really good, but not offered for free. I use an option called points for deposit with a weeks resort to get my points ratio to .007 combined with this summer bay contract. The resort I use to do that is also offered for free sometimes. I don't like paying for timeshares like Grandview that are still selling because the fees usually go up when they are done selling. The low mf is one of the perks they offer in the sale so when selling ends a sharp increase often follows.