• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Free 155,000 Wyndham Points

icydog

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
78,000 Governor's Green
77,000 Kingsgate
---------------
155,000 points total

Maintenance fees are $902.83
Club Dues are $88.35
Total fees $991.18

My friend also pays 87.78 per year for "Personal Interval Choice" a charge Wyndham makes you pay if you opt out of direct deposit (I think that's right but I'm not exactly sure)

So her total per month is 89.81 but if you choose the conventional payment method it would be around $82 or $83 a month.

Buyer pays closing through LT Transfers.

Last edited:

buckor

TUG Member
Reaction score
77,000 Governor's Green
77,000 Kingsgate

Maintenance $90 per month or $720 a year

Buyer to pay all closing fees.
Is that $720/year total for the whole 154k points?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using Tapatalk

icydog

TUG Member
Reaction score

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Does it include the program fee because $90*12=1080 and I've never heard the difference between monthly and annual to be $360
Are the 2017 and/or 2018 points available?

icydog

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does it include the program fee because $90*12=1080 and I've never heard the difference between monthly and annual to be $360
Are the 2017 and/or 2018 points available?

I multiplied wrong. Sorry. It's $90 a month or $1080 in total. (I multiplied by 60 instead of 90. Duh!)

Last edited:

icydog

TUG Member
Reaction score
Okay then you're number 2. The first one to take both contracts and pay the few months maintenance fees to make this lady whole--gets the whole thing!

icydog

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am looking for a new home for these Wyndham Points. Fees per month around $82.

Last edited:

icydog

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here's the breakdown from the website:
Wyndham Kingsgate Williamsburg 77,000 points
Yearly $435.82
Monthly $36.32

• Maintenance Fees:
    (77,000 / 1000) * $3.56 = $274.12
  • Reserve Fund:
    (77,000 / 1000) * $1.33 = $102.41
  • Property Tax:
    (77,000 / 1000) * $0.20 = $15.40
  • Total HOA Fee:
    (77,000 / 1000) * $5.09 = $391.93
  • Program Fee
    (77,000 / 1000) * $0.57 = $43.89
  • Annual Fee:
    $391.93 + $43.89 = $435.82
  • * Monthly Fee:
    $435.82 / 12 = $36.32
Wyndham Governor's Green Williamsburg 78,000 points
Yearly $555.36
Monthly $46.28

• Maintenance Fees:
    (78,000 / 1000) * $4.93 = $384.54
  • Reserve Fund:
    (78,000 / 1000) * $1.36 = $106.08
  • Property Tax:
    (78,000 / 1000) * $0.26 = $20.28
  • Total HOA Fee:
    (78,000 / 1000) * $6.55 = $510.90
  • Program Fee
    (78,000 / 1000) * $0.57 = $44.46
  • Annual Fee:
    $510.90 + $44.46 = $555.36
  • * Monthly Fee:
    $555.36 / 12 = $46.28

icydog

TUG Member
Reaction score
I haven't been getting PMs about these contracts, some of them showing great interest... and then the senders don't follow through.

This is frustrating when you're giving something of value away-- for free!

swiftyman

Reaction score
Can someone point me in the direction of a fare/point/member calendar so I can see what resorts cost in the wyndham system? I might be interested pending that. I've spent the last 10 minutes googling without much luck.

icydog

TUG Member
Reaction score

icydog

TUG Member
Reaction score
The lady is going to pay the arrears and you can take either contract if you want. I don't know how to handle the time spent between signing and closing. Who pays for that month?

icydog

TUG Member
Reaction score
Any interest out there?

Charles Thring

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
None
Icydog, I do believe that I am interested in your offer...but I am waiting on advice from others on this forum whom I have come to trust.

Ohsnapusa

Reaction score
I am interested, but from what I gather these are being given away pretty much so paying fees wouldnt be part of my deal.

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am interested, but from what I gather these are being given away pretty much so paying fees wouldnt be part of my deal.

Wyndham imposes a mandatory transfer fee of $299 per deed afaik, unwelcome as that info may be to the discussion here.

I doubt that current owner wants to give away 155,000 annual Wyndham points for free and pay $598 out of her own pocket to do so (I certainly wouldn't), but that's for interested parties to work out between themselves. That transfer fee is mandated by Wyndham; one way or another, someone will have to pay it in order to conclude a transfer of ownership. It's also not at all unreasonable for the recipient of 155k FREE annual points to pay the separate (minor) closing costs to LT Transfers for new deed preparation and recording and later forwarding of recorded deed to Wyndham for processing and conclusion of transfer.

That being said, it's also not unreasonable that owner remain responsible for monthly fees up to the point of actual ownership transfer. Just my opinion.

Last edited:

Ohsnapusa

Reaction score
I understand. I'm sorry that I upset you. I didnt mean for my reply to seem rude, but I can see how it could read that way. As I said I am interested, but even on here there are owners giving away their Wyndham points, paying their own closing costs, as well as losing money paid in for AF so far. I understand thay isn't something you would want to do, who would? It is just something many are opting to do to get out of paying fees forever on a timeshare they can't use.

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I understand. I'm sorry that I upset you. I didnt mean for my reply to seem rude, but I can see how it could read that way. As I said I am interested, but even on here there are owners giving away their Wyndham points, paying their own closing costs, as well as losing money paid in for AF so far. I understand thay isn't something you would want to do, who would? It is just something many are opting to do to get out of paying fees forever on a timeshare they can't use.

Not upset at all, merely pointing out facts and figures relevant to a Wyndham transfer. It's otherwise "not my circus, not my monkeys", as the saying goes.

Last edited:

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
If what is being offered is WHAT you want to own for 10 years, paying a $500 or $1000 transfer fees, is just pennies per day.

And finding a "PERFECT BUY" package totally free .... but taking 2 or 5 years of your family's time? Kids grow up fast ... what moments in time will you have missed with them as you do 'stay vacations'?

My trip to WDW with my 10yo nephew will always be a BIG HIGHLIGHT of our lives. His first visit to WDW and first trip without Mom or Dad or older brothers. Or the trip with his 12yo brother to Ft Lauderdale ... a few years earlier ... after he almost died from the flu a few months early (and his proclaiming he was going to college in Fl).. he went & graduated from Georgia Tech a month ago.

Trips made possible (in price and condo layout over a single hotel rooms) by using my timeshare ownerships.

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
...there are owners giving away their Wyndham points, paying their own closing costs, as well as losing money paid in for AF so far..... something many are opting to do to get out of paying fees forever on a timeshare they can't use.

I note for your consideration that Wyndham has offered (since late 2015) a "return of ownership" program called "Ovation", in which some Wyndham owners can "deedback" their ownership directly to Wyndham at no cost whatsoever (i.e., not even the customary $299 per deed transfer fee), as long as the maintenance fees are up to date and there is no associated loan debt.

So, in looking to acquire a Wyndham ownership, you might want to take into account that some Wyndham owners have options besides just taking the financial hit of paying all costs associated with a privately conducted transfer of ownership. I understand and appreciate that you are looking for a bargain, but you should perhaps also consider that a Wyndham owner might be (and should be) examining and comparing costs for all of their various "exit" options.

I bailed out of Wyndham 8 years ago (and am glad I did); I'm certainly not waving any flag here. I am merely noting that there is a "tipping point" associated with "free" and if an ownership just ends up going right back to Wyndham under "Ovation" while you held out for "absolutely free", then it is then no longer available to you (or anyone else) at all --- except by paying obscene developer-direct prices to Wyndham.

Last edited:

Pietin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham-Glacier Canyon, Star Island, Cypress Palms, Pagosa Spring, Kingsgate, DVC - OKW, VGF
if an ownership just ends up going right back to Wyndham under "Ovation", it is then no longer available to you at all. Just sayin'...

If given back to Wyndham through Ovations, they wind up in CWA. So the points will not cost about $18,000 ( our last offer for 154K) or more depending on the going rate. The cost of transfer on this deal is a lot cheaper than buying retail and the person offering the points is gifting almost $17,000 to someone.

I have give away timeshares and points, it is not easy to do, as people back out or ask for more that I was willing to give, my last one when to Ovations, because of unrealistic request. I have also received point one the Bargain forum, and TUG Marketplace, it is easy to be on the receiving end, especially if you understand the gift that is being offered. This offer has great maintenance fee on it, Kingsgate is real low. Who ever get this should be happy with the wonderful vacations they can take with these points. It should be good enough for a two bedroom in high times (most resorts) or a couple of weeks at quite time in a two bedroom most resorts, even GC at quite time, most of fall and winter is 77K for a two bedroom during quite time.

Just my two cents.

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
If given back to Wyndham through Ovations, they wind up in CWA. So the points will not cost about $18,000 ( our last offer for 154K) or more depending on the going rate. The cost of transfer on this deal is a lot cheaper than buying retail and the person offering the points is gifting almost $17,000 to someone.

I have give away timeshares and points, it is not easy to do, as people back out or ask for more that I was willing to give, my last one when to Ovations, because of unrealistic request. I have also received point one the Bargain forum, and TUG Marketplace, it is easy to be on the receiving end, especially if you understand the gift that is being offered. This offer has great maintenance fee on it, Kingsgate is real low. Who ever get this should be happy with the wonderful vacations they can take with these points. It should be good enough for a two bedroom in high times (most resorts) or a couple of weeks at quite time in a two bedroom most resorts, even GC at quite time, most of fall and winter is 77K for a two bedroom during quite time.

Just my two cents.

Only a fool would pay Wyndham $18,000 for 154k points in the first place, but your point (no pun intended) is nonetheless entirely valid and well taken. "Absolutely free, no cost at all to recipient" is (IMnsHO) an unreasonable and unrealistic expectation for a product clearly of some inherent value. Holding out for "absolutely free" should not result in disappointment or surprise later if / when the product just ends up being "gifted" right back to Wyndham as the smartest (i.e., least expensive) option for the current owner, then becoming unavailable at all as a relatively low cost private party transfer. :shrug:

Last edited:

Pietin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham-Glacier Canyon, Star Island, Cypress Palms, Pagosa Spring, Kingsgate, DVC - OKW, VGF
Only a fool would pay Wyndham $18,000 for 154k points in the first place, but your point (no pun intended) is nonetheless entirely valid and well taken. "Absolutely free, no cost at all to recipient" is (IMnsHO) an unreasonable and unrealistic expectation for a product clearly of some inherent value. Holding out for "absolutely free" should not result in disappointment or surprise later if / when the product just ends up being "gifted" right back to Wyndham as the smartest (i.e., least expensive) option for the current owner, then becoming unavailable at all as a relatively low cost private party transfer. :shrug:

Agreed Theo, and with the advent of Ovations, a lot of contract are going back to Wyndham. The amount relatively low cost supply is dwindling. All my points are gifted or resale, so even without the benefits of VIP, I am still way ahead of the game in out of pocket costs. If I wasn't on a financial diet right now I would have jumped on this offer because it is a good deal.