• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Free 155,000 Wyndham Points

icydog

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I note for your consideration that Wyndham has offered (since late 2015) a "return of ownership" program called "Ovation", in which some Wyndham owners can "deedback" their ownership directly to Wyndham at no cost whatsoever (i.e., not even the customary $299 per deed transfer fee), as long as the maintenance fees are up to date and there is no associated loan debt.

So, in looking to acquire a Wyndham ownership, you might want to take into account that some Wyndham owners have options besides just taking the financial hit of paying all costs associated with a privately conducted transfer of ownership. I understand and appreciate that you are looking for a bargain, but you should perhaps also consider that a Wyndham owner might be (and should be) examining and comparing costs for all of their various "exit" options.

I bailed out of Wyndham 8 years ago (and am glad I did); I'm certainly not waving any flag here. I am merely noting that there is a "tipping point" associated with "free" and if an ownership just ends up going right back to Wyndham under "Ovation" while you held out for "absolutely free", then it is then no longer available to you (or anyone else) at all --- except by paying obscene developer-direct prices to Wyndham.

I could not have said this better.

Talk about looking gift points in the mouth. I thought someone on Tug would really love these points! What a shame people think my ederly neighbor should pay for the honor of giving the points to them! I could just as easily put the points into the Ovation program but I thought one or two of my friends at Tug would be glad for the opportunity to own these FREE points. I guess I was wrong.

Right now, Kingsgate has been spoken for.

I'm really shocked at the tone this thread has taken. If you don't want these FREE points keep your opinion to YOURSELF! Do not muddy up this thread with negative remarks and unsound advice! That's not how the Bargain board is supposed to run.

Someone paid big bucks for these points and you've been given the opportunity to get them for FREE by paying a small closing and transfer fee! Please respect that! By giving your opinions you make others doubt the sincerity of this offer.

tahoeJoe

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can someone educate me on the recent issues with Wyndham reservation policies? I understand resale owner are somehow disadvantaged. True?

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Can someone educate me on the recent issues with Wyndham reservation policies? I understand resale owner are somehow disadvantaged. True?

My understanding is that the issues are not with Wyndham reservation policies, but with a new (and thus far dysfunctional) computer system "improvement" that is making the reservation process difficult (or impossible), at least temporarily.

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)

No, not true at all. Resale owners have the same reservation rights as direct purchase owners. If you have other questions regarding usage or policies, please check out the dedicated Wyndham section.

Last edited:

icydog

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, this is a thread about giving away Wyndham points.