• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Free Westin St. John

henryjohn.k

Reaction score
Hello, I'm an owner of a hillside studio villa week 24. Don't know if all of you are aware but the USVI is charging a $25.00 per day visitor fee to owners at the Westin.
I personally have a very big issue with this. If I am an owner of deeded real estate why should I have to pay a visitors fee?
Do all property owners that have second homes in USVI pay this fee?
My villa is paid in full. If any body is interested, I'll give it to you for free. Just pay title fee, deed transfer and minimal legal cost, aprox $450.00
Love St. John
But not unconditionally
Regards,
Henry

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Vistana Village, Lagunamar, Kierland; Marriott: MOC; Hyatt Wild Oa
Hello Henry,

Can you please confirm the annual maintenance fees for this unit? Also can you confirm the number of staroptions this unit receives. Thank you.

leejaime97

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Henry. How much are the maintenance fees? And how many StarOptions for this villa?
Thanks in advance, Lee

leejaime97

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello Henry,

Can you please confirm the annual maintenance fees for this unit? Also can you confirm the number of staroptions this unit receives. Thank you.

We must of been on the same wave length! :)

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
You may be best to send a private message. This was originally posted to the WSJ thread in the Vistana forum. It looks like it may have been moved here by a moderator. The OP may not be expecting to look for responses here in Bargain Deals.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Here are some details I was able to find from the StarOptions chart and the Vistana MF database.

The following phases at WSJ look to have studio units, the MF are listed beside each:
Virgin Grand - $1386
Coral Vista - $1642
Sunset Bay - ???

The OP didn't indicate which season or phase they own. Only Virgin Grand is a mandatory phase where the StarOptions transfer with resale. If they do confirm the phase and season, here is how many StarOptions one would get with Virgin Grand
Gold Plus - 44,000
Platinum - 67,100
Platinum Plus - 81,000

Last edited:

Markus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WLR, WKV, WDW
In the first post of the thread, it indicates a Hillside Studio. This is likely Virgin Grand Phase, and so the SOs that would transfer would be 44,000 as this is a week 24, in Gold season. Of course this would all need to be confirmed with the owner.

Markus

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
In the first post of the thread, it indicates a Hillside Studio. This is likely Virgin Grand Phase, and so the SOs that would transfer would be 44,000 as this is a week 24, in Gold season. Of course this would all need to be confirmed with the owner.

Markus
Thanks for pointing that out. I think it is confirmed based on the OP. Given that, it would be 44,000 StarOptions with a $1386 annual MF. I still think people should PM the OP because I suspect they may not realize people are responding here.

Last edited:

Markus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WLR, WKV, WDW
Thanks for pointing that out. I think it is confirmed based on the OP. Given that, it would be 44,000 StarOptions with a $1386 annual MF. I still think people should PM the OP because I suspect they may not realize people are responding here.
Agreed.

Markus

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hello, I'm an owner of a hillside studio villa week 24. Don't know if all of you are aware but the USVI is charging a $25.00 per day visitor fee to owners at the Westin.
I personally have a very big issue with this. If I am an owner of deeded real estate why should I have to pay a visitors fee?
My villa is paid in full. If any body is interested, I'll give it to you for free. Just pay title fee, deed transfer and minimal legal cost, aprox $450.00
Love St. John
But not unconditionally
Regards,
Henry
You may be best to send a private message. This was originally posted to the WSJ thread in the Vistana forum. It looks like it may have been moved here by a moderator. The OP may not be expecting to look for responses here in Bargain Deals.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Good Morning Dioxide45,

I've been trying to send a Private Message to the original poster but have been unable to figure out how to send a PM vs posting a reply. I've searched the Tugbbs site (FAQ's) still with no success. Are you able to provide some quick instructions on the process?

Thank you,
Karen

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Good Morning Dioxide45,

I've been trying to send a Private Message to the original poster but have been unable to figure out how to send a PM vs posting a reply. I've searched the Tugbbs site (FAQ's) still with no success. Are you able to provide some quick instructions on the process?

Thank you,
Karen
Click on their blue username and then select "Start a Conversation".

henryjohn.k

Reaction score
Yes,
You are correct. Hillside villa unit 3214 week 24 paid in full. All association fees paid and up to date. Offered for free to anyone who will pay closing cost.
What a rip off!! RIGHT?

henryjohn.k

Reaction score
Contact me if interested
Henry
[phone number removed--contact via private message here by clicking on Henry's blue user name and clicking on "start a conversation"]
I will be at St. John in my villa this week.
June 16 - 24.
Week 24

Last edited by a moderator:

henryjohn.k

Reaction score
Good Morning Dioxide45,

Thank you,
Karen
Hi Karen,

[phone number & email removed--contact poster via private message here by clicking on blue user name and choosing "start a conversation"]
Week 24
Hillside villa 3214

icydog

TUG Member
Reaction score
Love St. John
But not unconditionally
Regards,
Henry
Hi Henry, thanks for posting your week. I understand your frustration with that stupid fee, but perhaps a cooling off period is necessary.

I agree that USVI overcharges timeshare owners in anyway they can but, if you love your week, maybe it would make sense to hold on to it until after you can think about the situation more calmly.

I do things in anger and frustration, quitting a job comes to mind, and then I have many unhappy days licking my wounds. Perhaps you should take this down now. You can always repost it latter. I hope this is taken in the spirit I meant--one of friendship!

taffy19

Reaction score
Icydog is trying to help you not to jump too fast dumping a timeshare that you really like. Please, read this thread and you will understand why this tax is collected by the resort from everyone who stays there including owners.

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not interested, but would respectfully suggest soliciting private contact (via "conversation") rather than posting your phone number for the world to see. 48 hours from now you won't be able to remove it at all --- but spammers and scammers will always be able to see and use it --- forever.

Just sayin'... :shrug:

henryjohn.k

Reaction score
Icydog is trying to help you not to jump too fast dumping a timeshare that you really like. Please, read this thread and you will understand why this tax is collected by the resort from everyone who stays there including owners.
I read the thread.
You're very helpful.
Thanks again Emmy!

icydog

TUG Member
Reaction score
I read the thread.
You're very helpful.
Thanks again Emmy!

If you want to take down this tread just ask a moderator to do that. Simply ask that it be taken down and that should suffice.

henryjohn.k

Reaction score
Good Morning Dioxide45,

Thank you,
Karen
Hi Karen,
I am trying to follow this thread..
Was your question maintenance fees?
My wife pays it. I think it is around $1300?
Sorry I don't know the exact figure.

henryjohn.k

Reaction score
Hi Henry. How much are the maintenance fees? And how many StarOptions for this villa?
Thanks in advance, Lee
I don't know.
I've only used it for my own vacations.
My wife pays the M fees. Some of the folks that chimed in said $1386? Sounds about right.
They also said star points 44,000?
This is a studio villa. So, if using it for time share trading etc. , it may not be the best option for you.
It's a good value for somebody that wants to vacation in St. John or rent it out.
Regards,
Henry

henryjohn.k

Reaction score
Hello Icydog!
I can't find a way to delete my posts that have my phone #.
So, I guess I'm stuck getting spam and junk. ( I get it anyway)
Thanks for your advice.
I do like St. John. I've just been going there for sooo long!
I've read on the internet that the their is a lawsuit against the USVI government for what some call this "Sin Tax" $25. Per day.
Because we are property owners and pay property tax, this fee is an unreasonable burden on time share owners.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Hello Icydog!
I can't find a way to delete my posts that have my phone #.
So, I guess I'm stuck getting spam and junk. ( I get it anyway)
I removed your personal contact info.