• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Frontier to Orlando (PHL to MCO). Any experiences?

Russ14

Reaction score
Heading to Orlando in November from Philadelphia to stay at the Marriot Sabal Palms. Frontier Airlines looks like it will be the clear cheapest to book. Just looking for any feedback on experiences with Frontier?

Thank you!

DianneL

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
No experience, but from what I have heard they charge extra for everything. Would suggest you check out their add on fees.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Charges for bags, overhead compartment space and a can of soda.

Frontier was Denver's own airline. Southwest came in and offered all of the above with no extra charge, and people flocked to SW, including us, and we had status with Frontier. They lost us forever. Even the seats are closer than Southwest's seats. Our daughter is 5'5" and her knees were in the guy's back. She's barely 100 pounds, and she was uncomfortable. Just think of how her husband felt at six inches taller. It's a terrible airline. Never again for any of our family.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
We have flown them twice and flying again in May. It is a bargain because there are zero frills. YOu pay for checked bags and carry ons. Be sure to calculate those fees in to the total price you will pay. Their seats are also thin and uncomfortable. Keep in mind also that if there is a problem with your flight, you may have to wait days before the next flight which is probably almost full. A cancelled flight can be bad for your trip since they won't put you on another airline.

Rjbeach2003

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Ditto above. You have to pay for seat assignment, if you don't you will be in the middle. You pay for each leg. Also it is cheaper to check bag than carry on.
Given that the seat assignment was about $25 for two legs and bag check was $25, R/T the flight would have to be $75 less that SW or Alaska for me to consider it. AA is going this way as well, and I expect Delta and United will follow.
Spirit is even worse.

They are doing the Walmart deal, convince you their prices are so low that you never do comparison shopping.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
I've used Frontier and had no complaints. But then I'm all about cheap flights as I've been making 8-9 trips a year for the last few years. However I should state that the longest flight was just a little 4 hours and most of them only 2.5 hours. I would certainly be willing to pay more for comfort on a long flight like to Hawaii or Europe. Also we don't have long legs and are able to fit in the seats on all carriers. Staying at the timeshares with a washer and dryer we find that we are fine with sharing one checked bag and our personal item bags that fit under the seats in front of us. So we aren't paying for any of the extras other than one shared checked bag.

For our personal travel we haven't used any carriers other than Spirit, Frontier and Allegiant in probably the last 5-6 years. Of those three Allegiant is my last choice as they are small and don't have the extra planes and crews to bring in so their schedules can sometimes get significantly delayed when you have late afternoon and evening flights.

As other people have posted flying is not the luxurious experience it was 40 years ago. I simply want to get from point A to point B on a non stop flight if one is offered as cheaply as possible as long as the flight is no more than a little over 4 hours. I have so many other things that are actually fun that I would rather spend my money on. Paying top dollar for your flights is no guarantee you won't put up with crying, whining children, farting or otherwise smelly fellow passengers, obnoxious or drunk people, etc., as evidenced by the many stories people recounted here and the stories we read online.

IMO having to plan to be at the airport so early, the drive to the airport, checking your car at the off site parking and being transported to the airport, going through the lines checking bags, checking tickets and security, being packed on a metal tube with numerous other people hurling through the air at high speeds is never going to be the highlight of my vacation so why pay any more than absolutely necessary. I'm more than happy to bring my own little snack or sandwich, fill up my empty water bottle before I get on the plane, get myself settled with my neck pillow as I usually manage to sleep for part of the flight and my book to read for the rest of the flight. i get off the plane ready to enjoy my vacation. The flight is the means to get to this vacation not part of the vacation experience. I'm not Jennifer Aniston flying in the Emirates Airlines commercial and I don't need to be to have a wonderful time on my vacations.

Spirit Airlines $134.40 total for 2 people with one shared checked bag each way, round trip non stop flights from Cleveland, Ohio to Fort Lauderdale, Florida, and the return trip, February 13-March 8, 2017. There were quite a few other dates available at this price when I booked these flights a few days before Christmas but these were the dates I wanted.

Last edited:

dundey

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC - BLT & WLV, Cliff Club, Bolton Valley, Morritt's, Sudwala
I prefer Frontier over Spirit. Both charge for everything, but are typically less expansive so its worth it. We flew recently to Ft. Lauderdale from Newark for $89 RT. Fronteir tends to have newer planes and better service IMO.

elleny76

Reaction score
Heading to Orlando in November from Philadelphia to stay at the Marriot Sabal Palms. Frontier Airlines looks like it will be the clear cheapest to book. Just looking for any feedback on experiences with Frontier?

Thank you!
The best one in prices ..We love frontier direct flights and great prices. if you want space pay the extra for the seats on the front of the airplane $26 extra per person or just sit in a regular seat at no extra cost. Pay for your suitcases/ carry on while booking $30per suitcase.( Backpacks are free, kids stroller/ car seats free)

gnipgnop

TUG Member
Reaction score
We usually fly Spirit since we are close to the Arnie Palmer Airport; and we always share one checked bag. But here's my problem: Spirit has a weight limit of #40 for the checked bag, where as I just read that Frontier has a weight limit of #50 for the checked bag. That makes a big difference especially when sharing a bag.