• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Glitch between Financial and Reservation computer systems

rhonda

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
This morning, on logging into my WM account, I was greeted with the message,
WM account page said:
At this time, your WorldMark account is unable to process online reservations due to a past due owing or your account has some other account status issue. Please call the Vacation Planning Center at 1-800-457-0103 for assistance. Although you will be able to search availability online, you will be unable to book a reservation using the web site. We apologize for the inconvenience.
The WM phone rep first assumed the flag was for non-payment but a simple investigation confirmed that all is good on my account. After additional research, the WM phone rep informed me that there is a System Glitch affected 'some accounts' where the Financial system isn't properly communicating with the Reservation system. Until the problem is resolved, these accounts are unable to book online and must phone in for all transactions. While there is no estimated date on resolution, I was advised that it could be 'weeks.'

I was not given any clues on patterns of similarity between the affected accounts.

Uh-oh?

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
I have had various problems since the Update in March. Mainly dealing with how Points/Credits are placed in the WM or WMTS Category. I have sent several emails to the WM BOD (which actually go to OC and 1 email directly tocGeoffcRichards (no reply). I have also called OC twice. The first time they were able to fix it. The second time the System would not let them fix the problem.

Today I got my 2nd response from OC. Besides getting the issue wrong. Heather went on to explain how great the Update from March is. She also said I needed to use Chrome or Internet Explorer 11 as my browser. As if the Brower I use (Chrome) has anything ro do with howmthe WM internal system moves Points/Credits.

sue1947

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark and VI
This has been going on for at least a month, longer if you count the additional variations. First I couldn't do any reservation that involved a credit card for several months. Now I get the same message as above. They told me it would be fixed by the end of the week, and that was several weeks ago.
Contact the Board members and insist they hold Wyndham accountable to deliver services as promised and paid for. It won't do any good, but might let them know we are fed up with their incompetence when it comes to programming issues.
Sue

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
Oh, my. This does not sound good. I hadn't seen any mention of it here and was unaware of the troubles you both have encountered. Thank you for chiming in and filling in additional history.

I'll guess I'll be writing to OC, too.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Many people are still locked out of their accounts and numerous other problems. This has been going on for months. No response from Worldmark Board Of Directors or Wyndham. The Blackout/Silence is deafening.

sun starved Gayle

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm locked out too, and have been since last Friday. I needed to cancel a reservation before today, but could not do it on-line since I am locked out. I spent 28 minutes on hold before I had to go, and hung up before I could talk to anyone. Called again later and spent 17 minutes on hold before finally getting through to cancel. This is extremely frustrating as I want to look for a last minute bonus time reservation and cannot see availability to do it, because I am LOCKED OUT .

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Just got a BS response from OC which basically said the WM BOD has no personal supervision of the IT Department. I that this to mean no Responsibility. But that the IT Department is diligently working on the problem. Boy they have been diligently working on it for months with no fix in sight.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
As with any corporation, the BoD sets policy and long term direction of the company, and hires the CEO to execute that plan and the day to day operations. If my iPhone is not working, I don't expect Al Gore (Apple BoD member) to come to my house and fix it.

That is all the response you received is saying.

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I am CLEAR!

Checking the website today, for the first time since I opened thread, my account is clear and able to manage reservations online again. Wow.

sue1947

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark and VI
I also regained access yesterday, but my hopes were quickly dashed. I made a reservation and the credits disappeared but no reservation showed up. It still hasn't cleared over 24 hours later so I'll have to call in again tomorrow to sort it out. Last time I called, the hold times were so long, I ran the batteries down on 2 handsets. We'll see if I get through.

Sue

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Oh, my, Sue -- I hope your reservation is preserved and the messy situation quickly remedied for you.