• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Has anyone been to the Mayan World Riviera Maya in late April/early May?

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
I have a request in to go to the Grand Bliss or Grand Luxxe Riviera Maya and got call today that I could get 2 weeks in 2018 for April 20 - May 4. I have to decide by tomorrow evening. So, I need to know how hot it generally is at that time of year and does it rain a lot? I trust you guys more than the online weather channels. :)

pianoetudes

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham and Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Rain is better than snow :)

hellolani

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I typically have gone every year Mid to End May. Hot inland, more air movement by the water, mosquitoes at dawn and dusk. The nicest thing is the resort is relatively quiet with your pick of sun beds and pools. Not much rain.

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
Rain is better than snow :)

Before we retired, we always said that a rainy day on vacation was better than a sunny day at work! :) Now that we live in AZ, we just do not want to be hotter on vacation than at home!

But, GB does have awesome A/C, so we will probably choose these 2 Grand Bliss weeks. I was looking for a great place to celebrate our 50th anniversary - even early - so that our "kids" do not plan something. We are not big into being the center of attention and do not want them to spend a lot of money doing so. This will just be for the two of us and a 2-bedroom GB for 2-weeks would more than suffice. The "kids" can just take care or Kyle - our Cocker Spaniel.

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
I typically have gone every year Mid to End May. Hot inland, more air movement by the water, mosquitoes at dawn and dusk. The nicest thing is the resort is relatively quiet with your pick of sun beds and pools. Not much rain.

Thanks! We love spending time on the beach under a Palapla or a Palapa bed by the pool.

We have not been there since 2007 when we moved to Phoenix and it was our favorite February destination when we lived in Kansas before retiring. I think I will call SFX and just reserve it. :) We can hang out at our "spot" until we get too hot and then go to our awesome unit. :whooopie: I just think we need to go somewhere we love close to a special anniversary.

Last edited: