• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Have you seen Hamilton? Good reason to visit MMC

Quilter

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
We visited Williamsburg in December and are back for another week. We got the annual pass so our admission is covered for a 2nd time.

When we went to the Yorktown battlefield the Park Ranger said there is an upswing in the number of visitors. Those seeing Hamilton on Broadway have an new interest in American history.

Very good.

I have a new interest in getting to Broadway.

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
We are going to NYC in April (over kids Spring Break -- and staying in new MVC property) and we wanted to see Hamilton. Good seats were $900/ticket and with taxes and fees, over $1,400/ticket. $7,000 in total for five tickets. I can buy a rockin' timeshare for that. I even struck out trying to get some quality NYC connections to get a face value ticket!! Ugh!

So we will wait for the touring version to visit San Diego -- I believe they are coming in the Fall and we will have to wait....

Love the interest in American history though!

Best,

Greg

AlmostRetired

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grande Ocean Platinum, 2 x Grand Chateau 3 Bedroom (annual, EOY Odd)
Many broadway shows have lottery tickets for each show. Some you must go to the threater, others you can do online. Hamilton can be done online. Some like book of Moroms has a lottery and offer standing (behnd last row orchestra). A few years ago I purchased tickets at the box office right around the time the lottery was going up on. I stayed and won the lottery - 2 tickets. We also waited on the standing room line and the remaining two could get in. We changed seats at intermission. Standing room seats were not bag because you can lean on the half wall behind the last row. After the show I returned the tickets and saved 1100.

My wife and I have seen just about every show on Broadway by going to the discount ticket booth on 48th street and Broadway, lottery or going to preview. On rare occasion we will pay full price. I have not seen Hamilton yet. Broadway shows can be reasonable.

Fairwinds

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We visited Williamsburg in December and are back for another week. We got the annual pass so our admission is covered for a 2nd time.

When we went to the Yorktown battlefield the Park Ranger said there is an upswing in the number of visitors. Those seeing Hamilton on Broadway have an new interest in American history.

Very good.

I have a new interest in getting to Broadway.

Yes; an increase in history tourism is Very Good! Have a great week. I hope Broadway fans aren't disappointed when they don't get much of a Hamilton fix in Williamsburg.

windje2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are going to NYC in April (over kids Spring Break -- and staying in new MVC property) and we wanted to see Hamilton. Good seats were $900/ticket and with taxes and fees, over $1,400/ticket. $7,000 in total for five tickets. I can buy a rockin' timeshare for that. I even struck out trying to get some quality NYC connections to get a face value ticket!! Ugh!

So we will wait for the touring version to visit San Diego -- I believe they are coming in the Fall and we will have to wait....

Love the interest in American history though!

Best,

Greg

Greg

If you want tix to other broadway shows and are in lower Manhattan, consider the South Street Seaport TKTS discount ticket location.

All the benefits of the Times Square TKTS--plus shorter lines, opens earlier and sells matinee tickets the day before!

Get the app and check ticket availability real time! Enjoy the city.

Best,

J

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
Greg

If you want tix to other broadway shows and are in lower Manhattan, consider the South Street Seaport TKTS discount ticket location.

All the benefits of the Times Square TKTS--plus shorter lines, opens earlier and sells matinee tickets the day before!

Get the app and check ticket availability real time! Enjoy the city.

Best,

J
+1 for the South Street Seaport TKTS Ticket location - much, much, much shorter lines and often no lines at all. +1 for downloading theTKTS App on your Smartphone and/or Tablet.

Enjoy NYC !

Richard

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
Great suggestion, thank you!!

Quilter

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes; an increase in history tourism is Very Good! Have a great week. I hope Broadway fans aren't disappointed when they don't get much of a Hamilton fix in Williamsburg.

They will from the Ranger at the Yorktown battlefield. She's good.

Yorktown was the only battle Washington let Hamilton fight in.

BocaBoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Chateau
We are going to NYC in April (over kids Spring Break -- and staying in new MVC property) and we wanted to see Hamilton. Good seats were $900/ticket and with taxes and fees, over $1,400/ticket. $7,000 in total for five tickets. I can buy a rockin' timeshare for that.
We are going to be in Chicago in March and I looked at Hamilton tickets there. The range for a weeknight was $315 to $900 (face value is $65 to $180 if I recall correctly), so even the touring shows can be tough. We will not be seeing Hamilton on this trip. Of course, if you can buy a long way ahead of time you can probably get what you want.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
We are going to be in Chicago in March and I looked at Hamilton tickets there. The range for a weeknight was $315 to $900 (face value is $65 to $180 if I recall correctly), so even the touring shows can be tough. We will not be seeing Hamilton on this trip. Of course, if you can buy a long way ahead of time you can probably get what you want.
Chicago is an open ended run, not the touring production. Even still, the touring production will be a tough ticket and prices will be very high.

Fairwinds

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
They will from the Ranger at the Yorktown battlefield. She's good.

Yorktown was the only battle Washington let Hamilton fight in.

Something new each day. Thanks! I've really been schooled here. I didn't think you would here much because it wasn't really his stomping grounds but I see he did great things in just a few days

Last edited:

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club 2 & 3BRs
Hamilton was amazing- even better with front row seats at $10 each :)
A friend told me last June how they'd been entering the lottery every day since it opened. I didn't even know about it. So I entered, and the second time entering actually won:cheer:It was a week after our 40th anniversary, so made for a nice extra celebration!
It was right before they changed stars and the people in the row behind us had paid thousands because they wanted to see Lin and, as it turned out, his understudy at the time (who now is the star) was doing the show. He was amazing, but boy were they initially ticked.
Greg- enjoy your visit to the Big Apple. Whatever you do, you're sure to have a good time. But definitely try to get tickets to one of the shows at TKTS; Broadway is an experience. That said, while Hamilton was the best show we've ever seen, I'd never pay those ridiculous ticket prices.

BocaBoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Chateau
Chicago is an open ended run, not the touring production. Even still, the touring production will be a tough ticket and prices will be very high.
I stand corrected. I was a little sloppy in my terminology. The distinction I really meant to make was that the Chicago production is not Broadway or London.

jlp879

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm so excited that the touring production starts in San Francisco March 10. I've got my tickets already for June, that I was allowed to buy very reasonably priced as a season ticket holder, but still, I'll be participating in the Ham 4 Ham lottery everyday I can. Not Lin-Manuel Miranda, but I also don't have to travel to New York.

It all started here in 2009:

If you want to get face-value seats for when the show comes to your town, sign up for advance notice at: http://www.hamiltonbroadway.com/#tour

As long as you buy the tickets through the site the moment they become available for sale in your area, you will only pay face-value seat prices. In San Francisco balcony prices are $110 and season ticket holders paid much less than that.

When you register for advance notice, you will (most likely) be given a one-hour head start in online ticket purchases over non-registered purchasers.

Feeling lucky? Enter to win tickets for opening night in San Francisco at Prizeo.
https://www.prizeo.com/prizes/lin-m...ign=hamiltonsanfrancisco&utm_content=hamilton