• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Headed to Hyatt Windward Pointe --- Need Recomendations

Kal

TUG Member
Reaction score
How can I pay off the charges and not close out the account. Once I pay the charges wouldn't they automatically close the account?
Just charge the amount currently due to your credit card. Don't close the account and any additional charges will still post to your account. Those can be paid at the end of the total stay by whatever means chosen.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
There also a Wynn Dixie, both Publix and Wynn are on US 1(Roosevelt) as your going into town on the island. If you never had been the madness at sunset at Malory square is to be experienced. The Hemingway house is on whitehead street, along with the iconic "beginning and end" of the highway markers. Also at the southern end of whitehead is the "southern most point" buoy, there is always a line and people to help take a picture of the both of you. There is the butterfly house close by the southern most point also. If you like history, there is Ft. Zachery there is also a beach at the park, you pay to get in but it is good for all day, you can come back and see the sunset from probably the most unobstructed view standing on the island.
Check out El peps(spelling) for authentic Cuban food try the Cuban coffee is you need a wake up, and they have live music, right at Mallory square. There is also Smatters beach just a short ways from Windward, but being on the Atlantic side some times it's has sea weed washed up on it and the trades blowing in make it cooler. You might to try Hog fish bar and grill on Stock island, great sea food, thats the last island just as you're going over the bridge to Key West. There is also Roosticas on stock, great pizza.
There is so much to see and do you can't it all down in writing, check the front desk for some ideas. Have fun.........:cool:

STS, I just printed out your list. I love the idea of going to stand on the southern most point

IslandTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Sunset Harbor
We're heading down Friday for 5 nights, staying at Hyatt Sunset Harbor. We live in Orlando so we visit multiple times a year, yet I'm just as excited today as I was the first time we went to Key West. I just finished packing so I'm ready to go.

Blue Heaven is fun for breakfast but if you like old fashioned diners, check out Harpoon Harry's. The food is great and we end up eating breakfast there at the counter almost every morning. I also agree with the suggestion for El Siboney - delicious Cuban food in a neighborhood away from Duval Street. We also like Bien (Caribbean) for lunch - portions are large enough to share.

There is great live music to be found all over the island. We like Sunset Pier, Smokin' Tuna and Schooner Wharf Bar, but will pop in anywhere to see our favorite singers. Have fun!

sts1732

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sunset Harbor Key, west
Pinion pointe Sedona, az.
STS, I just printed out your list. I love the idea of going to stand on the southern most point
Going to the southern most point buoy is something we all have done. Just a word that there is no good time to go, as in the day light hrs. there is always a line. Morning hrs. maybe better in that the sun is not over head yet. From noon on it's HOT.....Also if you drive there parking is at a premium, in that there is only parking along the street and it jams up quick because of the naval station just a block away.
Either way, take the time to go. It's just a once in a life time thing, no matter how many times you go back to Key west. We have been going for more than 20yrs.
Have a great time..........I know you will ! :cool:

IslandTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Sunset Harbor
No line in the middle of the night! Been there done that more than once. :)

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We're heading down Friday for 5 nights, staying at Hyatt Sunset Harbor. We live in Orlando so we visit multiple times a year, yet I'm just as excited today as I was the first time we went to Key West. I just finished packing so I'm ready to go.

Blue Heaven is fun for breakfast but if you like old fashioned diners, check out Harpoon Harry's. The food is great and we end up eating breakfast there at the counter almost every morning. I also agree with the suggestion for El Siboney - delicious Cuban food in a neighborhood away from Duval Street. We also like Bien (Caribbean) for lunch - portions are large enough to share.

There is great live music to be found all over the island. We like Sunset Pier, Smokin' Tuna and Schooner Wharf Bar, but will pop in anywhere to see our favorite singers. Have fun!

Thank you, I'm so excited we leave in the morning....

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wow, we got off the plane in Miami at 11:06 and it took 5.5 hours to get down here... I think everyone in the universe picked Key West as their destination for Memorial Day. Most of the drive down we were only doing 10 miles an hour but it's so worth it....

We are on the 2nd floor of a 3 story building and we have a nice ocean view room. I really love this resort and last night we all went to eat at the Blue Heaven Bar and Grill and it was great and I would highly recommend this place, live entertainment, beautiful setting and a great ambiance.

IslandTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Sunset Harbor
We met a couple last night at the Sunset Deck at Margaritaville Resort and they said they also drove down Saturday from Miami and it took them six hours. Fortunately we drove down on Friday and the drive for us was six and a half hours from Orlando.

Last edited:

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We met a couple last night at the Sunset Deck at Margaritaville Resort and they said they also drove down Saturday from Miami and it took them six hours. Fortunately we drove down on Friday and the drive for us was six and a half hours.
How long does everyone think I should allow for you the drive back to Miami airport

sts1732

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sunset Harbor Key, west
How long does everyone think I should allow for you the drive back to Miami airport
We usually leave early in the AM, around 6-7:00 that made it a 4 1/2 to 5 hr. drive(no stops). As our leaving Sun set is a Sun. to Sun. there was very few cars going back to Miami. Either way it's better going back in the AM.
Hope you had a good time............

IslandTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Sunset Harbor
Sorry, I edited my post - I reread it and realized I left out our starting point was Orlando, not Miami! We left Key West this morning at 11:15 and it only took about 3.5 hours to Miami (not the airport but near it). No heavy traffic today at all.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
What day are you leaving? What time is your flight? Do you have a rental car to check-in? When would you like to leave KW?
My flight leaves at 4:00pm on Thursday, I have a rental car to turn in and gas up and I was thinking of leaving at 8:30am, does anyone thinks that overkill?

Last edited:

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We usually leave early in the AM, around 6-7:00 that made it a 4 1/2 to 5 hr. drive(no stops). As our leaving Sun set is a Sun. to Sun. there was very few cars going back to Miami. Either way it's better going back in the AM.
Hope you had a good time............
STS, I had a fabulous time and I'm ready to come back, I really love this resort and I'm so happy this is the one I was able to exchange into...thanks for all of the help.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If you really want some excellent seafood, go to the Eaton Street Fish Market https://kwseafood.com/. They have all kinds of very fresh fish, much of which is supplied by local divers. I ALWAYS get:
Key West Pinks (shrimp)
Royal Reds (shrimp that taste like lobster)
Snow Grouper
African Pompano (extremely hard to get)

They're very easy to cook in your unit and compared to local eateries, it's half the price. For the Royal Reds, you can only get those at just one restaurant (at a price).
Kal, I want to thank you for recommending Eaton Street Fish Market, we have had the $15 Lobster dinner twice now, their food is outstanding and very reasonable...

sts1732

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sunset Harbor Key, west
My flight leaves at 4:00pm, I have a rental car to turn in and gas up and I was thinking of leaving at 8:30am, does anyone thinks that overkill?
No definitely not, the earlier the better, that should get you there with some time to spare. To Orlando that makes it a 6-6 1/2 drive. You will hit heavier traffic from Miami on.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
No definitely not, the earlier the better, that should get you there with some time to spare. To Orlando that makes it a 6-6 1/2 drive. You will hit heavier traffic from Miami on.
STS, thanks, we leave tomorrow and I don't want to go...

sts1732

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sunset Harbor Key, west
STS, thanks, we leave tomorrow and I don't want to go...
I know the feeling...........if only I could...........to old to be a beach bum...........:D

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I know the feeling...........if only I could...........to old to be a beach bum...........:D
I really loved this resort and I hope I can exchange into it again one day soon

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If you really want some excellent seafood, go to the Eaton Street Fish Market https://kwseafood.com/. They have all kinds of very fresh fish, much of which is supplied by local divers. I ALWAYS get:
Key West Pinks (shrimp)
Royal Reds (shrimp that taste like lobster)
Snow Grouper
African Pompano (extremely hard to get)

They're very easy to cook in your unit and compared to local eateries, it's half the price. For the Royal Reds, you can only get those at just one restaurant (at a price).

I cannot thank you enough for the suggestion to eat and try out Eaton Street Fish Market… It was excellent and extremely reasonable in price.

stover33

TUG Member
Reaction score
I recommend Blue Heaven for breakfast. Delicious and has such a unique Key West vibe.

Wife and I also enjoy Conch Republic Seafood Company. It's casual and right on the water, has live music most nights.

If you want to splurge there's Latitudes on Sunset Key. You take a ferry from near Mallory Square to get there. Tables are right on the beach, views and food are fantastic. Feels like being on Fantasy Island!

Edit: oh guess you already went, but some other places to try next time you visit!

Sunshine10

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
We are currently in Key West, staying at Windward Pointe, our first time in Key West. We very much enjoy this timeshare. And thank you everyone for the helpful suggestions of things to do, places to see, where to eat, etc.

We've spent more time relaxing than exploring, but would love to come back again.

We drove to Islamorada one day to go to the Theatre of the Sea. They are still in recovery mode, it was very quiet, but we very much enjoyed our dolphin encounter and sea lion encounter, and the parrot show and other sessions about sea turtles and alligators. While there, we asked for recommendations for restaurants, and one of the suggestions was Lorelei's. The kids enjoyed the hot dogs and burgers, and we enjoyed the tuna nachos and clam chowder.

Another day, my husband and daughter went on a jet ski tour with Barefoot Billy's (recommended by the hotel), and they very much enjoyed the outing. We also really enjoyed the key west butterfly and nature conservatory, and we also toured the recently re-opened key west tropical forest & botanical garden.

we have also gone to the Eaton Street Fish Market twice, and will be enjoying the key west pinks and couple royal reds this evening.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We are currently in Key West, staying at Windward Pointe, our first time in Key West. We very much enjoy this timeshare. And thank you everyone for the helpful suggestions of things to do, places to see, where to eat, etc.

We've spent more time relaxing than exploring, but would love to come back again.

We drove to Islamorada one day to go to the Theatre of the Sea. They are still in recovery mode, it was very quiet, but we very much enjoyed our dolphin encounter and sea lion encounter, and the parrot show and other sessions about sea turtles and alligators. While there, we asked for recommendations for restaurants, and one of the suggestions was Lorelei's. The kids enjoyed the hot dogs and burgers, and we enjoyed the tuna nachos and clam chowder.

Another day, my husband and daughter went on a jet ski tour with Barefoot Billy's (recommended by the hotel), and they very much enjoyed the outing. We also really enjoyed the key west butterfly and nature conservatory, and we also toured the recently re-opened key west tropical forest & botanical garden.

we have also gone to the Eaton Street Fish Market twice, and will be enjoying the key west pinks and couple royal reds this evening.

Blue Heaven and Eaton Street Fish Market are two of my favorite places to eat at in Key West

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
If my Sister in Law is going to stay in this condo after we depart on Thursday and she will check out on Saturday, will I have any issue with her being there, should I add her name to my II reservation as a guest?
No, I’ve done this many times, at resorts, my brother and my son have stayed after we left, as long as they turn in the keys and follow the check out procedures, should be fine.
Silentg