• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Heading to Garza Blanca PV-- advice?

tartanwood

TUG Member
Reaction score
We will be spending a week at Garza Blanca near Puerto Vallarta in mid-January. We would appreciate advice about the resort and neighboring area.

Before going to GB, we will spend 4 nights at Villa del Palmar PV, so we will explore the city and its various restaurants during the first part of our trip.

Once we move to Garza Blanca for the second part of our trip, we plan to relax and stay close to the resort.

We welcome suggestions for room location, internet access, dining options and activities at the resort or nearby. Anything else we should know or ask?

Thank you for any advice you can share.

Bonnie and Dave

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
For an off resort day trip .

Take the local bus to Boca de Tomatlan . Walk down the hill . Take the water taxi to Yelapa ( about $ 5 per person )

sunshine3330

Reaction score
You might want to look at Trip Advisor reviews for information on this resort. And also research or ask questions on their PV travel forum.

Seaport104

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We will be spending a week at Garza Blanca near Puerto Vallarta in mid-January. We would appreciate advice about the resort and neighboring area.

Before going to GB, we will spend 4 nights at Villa del Palmar PV, so we will explore the city and its various restaurants during the first part of our trip.

Once we move to Garza Blanca for the second part of our trip, we plan to relax and stay close to the resort.

We welcome suggestions for room location, internet access, dining options and activities at the resort or nearby. Anything else we should know or ask?

Thank you for any advice you can share.

Bonnie and Dave

I'm a Garza owner so happy to answer any ? How did you book your stay and what unit size did you book?

tartanwood

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm a Garza owner so happy to answer any ? How did you book your stay and what unit size did you book?

We also are owners--in UVC for years and recently upgraded in Cancun. We have been to VDP PV and Flamingos in the past, but this is our first time at Garza Blanca. We will be in a one-bedroom unit.

When we check in, what building should we request? Is internet access free for members/owners? We are considering All Inclusive for 3 days but wonder if there are restrictions about menu items. On other days without AI, do you recommend other dining options? We will go to restaurants in PV during our first few nights at the other location, so we probably won't go back into the city during our stay at Garza.

These are a few of the questions that come to mind right now but I may have more in the coming week before we leave.

tartanwood

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the suggestion of a day trip to Boca de Tomatlan and Yelapa, and we are checking Trip Advisor. Still hoping for more advice from Tug members who have timeshare experience at Garza.

Seaport104

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We also are owners--in UVC for years and recently upgraded in Cancun. We have been to VDP PV and Flamingos in the past, but this is our first time at Garza Blanca. We will be in a one-bedroom unit.

When we check in, what building should we request? Is internet access free for members/owners? We are considering All Inclusive for 3 days but wonder if there are restrictions about menu items. On other days without AI, do you recommend other dining options? We will go to restaurants in PV during our first few nights at the other location, so we probably won't go back into the city during our stay at Garza.

These are a few of the questions that come to mind right now but I may have more in the coming week before we leave.

If you want oceanfront view and close to the main pool and ocean request to be placed in the original section. The rooms are not as luxurious but you can hear the ocean from your balcony in your hammock. If you want to new rooms, ask to be placed in the mountain side rooms. They are over the top luxurious and have panoramic views but it is a little golf cart ride down to the walkway through th lobby to the beach. If you booked via UVC, you would have selected the 1BR area at reservation. The original section is called "beach" while the new section is "mountain". The all inclusive is definitely worth it if you will be eating all or most of the meals on property. The steakhouse restaurant is top notch and the food is not your typical all inclusive. There are no restrictions on the menu items or limits to ala carte restaurants.

When we don't do AI, we go to PV for dinner but you'll have access to PV restaurants while in VDP PV.

Seaport104

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
For an off resort day trip .

Take the local bus to Boca de Tomatlan . Walk down the hill . Take the water taxi to Yelapa ( about $ 5 per person )

Unfortunately, I don't think Yelapa has the same appeal it used to. Last time I went there 2 years ago, it was very different from pre-2009. many of the gorgeous homes that lined the mountain that you see from the boat are boarded up or abandoned, including the restaurant that was in the middle of the water.

Seaport104

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
If you're interested in tours, Vallarta Adventures does them well and very reasonable prices especially with their buy 2 get one free.

Here are my faves-

San Sebastian
Rhythms of the Night
Outdoor Adventure (if you're up to lots of physical activity)
Whale Watching Tours (February is a great time)

https://www.vallarta-adventures.com

tartanwood

TUG Member
Reaction score
I recall Rhythms of the Night from our first visit to PV many years ago. We enjoyed the entertainment; and then on our trip back across the water, we were captivated by the lights along the shoreline and reflections on the water. That view inspired a whole series of handwoven tapestry scarves titled "Across the Bay at Midnight". I still love to tell the story whenever I present one of them in an art show.

We are not familiar with San Sebastian. We will have to check it out.

tartanwood

TUG Member
Reaction score
Another question about room location. Our reservation is for a "1 Bedroom Beach". Are most timeshare units in that section? Most reviewers on Trip Advisor mention being in the towers, so I have not been able to find out much about the timeshare units in the Beach section. In that section, is one location better than another for views, noise, etc.? We know Beach is the older original part of the resort, but is there anything else we should know about getting a unit in this section?

Seaport104

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Another question about room location. Our reservation is for a "1 Bedroom Beach". Are most timeshare units in that section? Most reviewers on Trip Advisor mention being in the towers, so I have not been able to find out much about the timeshare units in the Beach section. In that section, is one location better than another for views, noise, etc.? We know Beach is the older original part of the resort, but is there anything else we should know about getting a unit in this section?

The beach section is the original resort. It's the lobby building that houses the lobby and the 3 buildings to the right of the pool if you are looking at the resort from the ocean. I put up some pics of the room on trip advisor a few years back. Here is the link to the photos.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUse...humbnailMinWidth=50&cnt=30&offset=-1&filter=2

cmh

TUG Member
Reaction score
Seaport104, we're considering a an RCI exchange into Garza Banca, but the only available units are studios, with no kitchens. We also aren't big fans of all inclusive because we enjoy trying local restaurants. A couple of questions:
- Do the studio units have coffee makers and a mini frig?
- Where would these studios likely be?
- Do you know it would be possible to upgrade to a 1 bedroom?
- If one doesn't do all inclusive, are the restaurants menu prices somewhat reasonable?

Thanks!

SciTchr

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had an RCI ongoing search request in for quite awhile for a one bedroom and I finally got one. Very happy. There are tons of studios. Our friends stayed in a studio last year. There is a coffee maker and a small fridge but no microwave. They would go to OXXO and use the microwave to pop popcorn for a snack. I say No Way to that. I have GB on my favorites and nearly every day I check availability. Very rarely a one bedroom comes up. Mainly studios.

Seaport104, we're considering a an RCI exchange into Garza Banca, but the only available units are studios, with no kitchens. We also aren't big fans of all inclusive because we enjoy trying local restaurants. A couple of questions:
- Do the studio units have coffee makers and a mini frig?
- Where would these studios likely be?
- Do you know it would be possible to upgrade to a 1 bedroom?
- If one doesn't do all inclusive, are the restaurants menu prices somewhat reasonable?

Thanks!

SciTchr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the link to the pictures. Do the one bedrooms have a washer/dryer? I saw a You Tube video and it seemed that they did, but I am not sure. Thanks.

The beach section is the original resort. It's the lobby building that houses the lobby and the 3 buildings to the right of the pool if you are looking at the resort from the ocean. I put up some pics of the room on trip advisor a few years back. Here is the link to the photos.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUse...humbnailMinWidth=50&cnt=30&offset=-1&filter=2

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Bring mosquito repellent. Gaza Blanca is kind of in the jungle.

Bill