• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Help! Ready to sell a Big Cedar deeded cabin. What do I do?

cvw

TUG Member
Reaction score
I purchased a Big Cedar 2 BR cabin week 31 in 2003, which is worth 18,000 points.

I also purchased a low season studio at the same time to get an additional 2,000 points.

So I have a total of 20,000 points. I'm ready to sell it, but I haven't done any homework on Bluegreen Wilderness Club in the past fourteen years.

So where do I begin? If there's an all-purpose resource for me, feel free to link it to me, otherwise, I'll start firing off questions.

1) What have similar deeds like this been selling for? (i.e. what would you estimate is the fair market value?)

2) What were the rule changes made about selling the points with your deed, and how does that affect me? (I've found a few threads mentioning this on the Yahoo Group, but I can't find the source material.)

3) Would you recommend selling it myself, or do you have a good resource for reputable brokers?

Thanks in advance.

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Where is Big Ceder?

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Off the top of my head I would say the resale value is somewhere in the $2000-$4000 range. Because of the demand of BC at WC in the summer it will be higher than most 18,000 points contracts. The Yahoo group is probably going to be your best resource. There is no guide with documentation on how to resell a Bluegreen points contract. I believe the transfer fee is around $299 per contract so there would be 2 fees if selling both contracts.

kofori

TUG Member
Reaction score
I purchased a Big Cedar 2 BR cabin week 31 in 2003, which is worth 18,000 points.

I also purchased a low season studio at the same time to get an additional 2,000 points.

So I have a total of 20,000 points. I'm ready to sell it, but I haven't done any homework on Bluegreen Wilderness Club in the past fourteen years.

So where do I begin? If there's an all-purpose resource for me, feel free to link it to me, otherwise, I'll start firing off questions.

1) What have similar deeds like this been selling for? (i.e. what would you estimate is the fair market value?)

2) What were the rule changes made about selling the points with your deed, and how does that affect me? (I've found a few threads mentioning this on the Yahoo Group, but I can't find the source material.)

3) Would you recommend selling it myself, or do you have a good resource for reputable brokers?

Thanks in advance.
There are several Bluegreen Facebook sites where you can easily sell your points. I can think of Bluegreen Owners Buy & Sell and Bluegreen Timeshare Resale. There are few others all on Facebook and there is also a Yahoo page BGEX or something like that on Yahoo where you can sell your points.
The going resale price is .25 per point or less and you want the buyer to pay the transfer fee of $450.
Bluegreen has been exercising its right of first refusal of late on some sales but that shouldn't be an issue for you because you get your money either way.
Join those Facebook groups and you will find a buyer in no time. Big Cedar is very popular and your have a summer week so it should sell.

kofori

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you join the Bluegreen Timeshare Resale Facebook group they have a file section with all the information you need to sell. They also have a sample sale contract and members there will answer any questions as well even suggest closing agents, etc.

DRIless

Reaction score
Off the top of my head I would say the resale value is somewhere in the $2000-$4000 range. Because of the demand of BC at WC in the summer it will be higher than most 18,000 points contracts. The Yahoo group is probably going to be your best resource. There is no guide with documentation on how to resell a Bluegreen points contract. I believe the transfer fee is around $299 per contract so there would be 2 fees if selling both contracts.

Aren't all points the same in BG. Is there an advantage to owning at a certain resort, I thought as a points owner you could book anywhere at 11 months out and that was their max window?

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
Advantage - Home resort for resell you get unlimited bonus time for last minute stays for $79.00 per night I think but only at home resort. One with developer status either through them or their authorized reseller with benefits attached. Get you bonus time at all resorts. But as previous posts shows points are good at all resorts.

There is a lady on the yahoo and Facebook group that has created a great guide for Bluegreen. She sells and instant download to it for $5. Yeah you can find all info on your own. But its a pretty darn well done book. I had my own interest in BG and bought her PDF book. Made for a good read.... But in the end my opinion was the BG's that I would most likely visit seem fairly easy to exchange into.. So I will problem experience BG that way if I ever stay in one.

CharlesS

TUG Member
Reaction score
The current transfer fee is $450. However, if you bought the cabin and the studio as one 20,000 point purchase, you should sell it as one contract with only one transfer fee. Selling has two parts: 1) the hard part is finding a buyer; and 2) the easy part is the paperwork which you can find when you log into your Bluegreen Account. I would guess that this contract has been sold already since summer at Big Cedar is in high demand (especially a cabin). Or BG used ROFR as one poster said. I would be interested in the results of this sale(?).

Charles

Egret1986

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
The current transfer fee is $450. However, if you bought the cabin and the studio as one 20,000 point purchase, you should sell it as one contract with only one transfer fee. Selling has two parts: 1) the hard part is finding a buyer; and 2) the easy part is the paperwork which you can find when you log into your Bluegreen Account. I would guess that this contract has been sold already since summer at Big Cedar is in high demand (especially a cabin). Or BG used ROFR as one poster said. I would be interested in the results of this sale(?).

Charles

This post doesn't regard the sale by the OP. However, I believe my recent experience may be relative.

Earlier this year, I bought a BG 21,000 EOY contract Week 52 at The Hammocks in Marathon, 2BR. I knew absolutely nothing about BG when I purchased. That's not how I normally handle timeshare purchases. :doh: After I received my BG account number, I immediately began researching and asking questions. Quickly, I determined that the ownership really wasn't going to work for my particular vacation needs.

I had never previously sold a timeshare on eBay, but saw other contracts getting bids. I just wanted to get my sunk costs out of it and get rid of it before the first fees came due this November. I also listed it on TUG, but got no interest.

My listing had a starting bid of $995 with buyer paying the $450 transfer fee. It was also listed with a Buy-It-Now for $1995 (plus $450 transfer fee). It sold in less than 24-hours with Buy-It-Now. I was nervous because the buyer had zero (0) feedback on eBay. I anticipated that it would be someone that wouldn't go through with the purchase. However, that was not the case.

To my relief, the buyer was already a BG owner at The Hammocks and things have gone smoothly. I submitted the paperwork through BG online. I have received the Purchase Price and been reimbursed the Transfer Fee by the buyer. I anticipate that this will conclude with a happy buyer and happy seller. Whew! I also made a little bit of extra cash after costs. :thumbup: I'm relieved.