• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Help with Trade Agreement at Grand Luxxe

BLMQuestions

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Does anyone have experience with a "Global Vacation trade agreement" and the legality of this document. It stated that we turned our previously owned timeshare over as equity (claiming it was worth almost $70,000) to receive a lower price for the Grand Luxxe property in Neuvo Vallarta. Now we are receiving multiple calls from Global vacation saying that Vida has already written it off and that there is a surplus of inventory & that we can retain the 1st property (which we now want to do) but it will cost us almost $6000.
I feel like this is yet another scam. After pouring over & over the documents we signed at Grand Luxxe (In August) I feel terribly taken advantage of with nowhere to turn. Any info would be greatly appreciated...
Hope I'm posting correctly, new here :)

Last edited:

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Trade in

Mayan World "trade in" is part of sales - at least you want it back. I believe Raygo123 recently posted about getting his back for $500 after the first quote was $5000 .
My trade in cost me $1000+ in collection fees back in 2007 since the deed was still in our name and "Tiffany"at Holiday something in Seattle never gave us the" offer" your getting.So we own 2
We love the resorts and the resort staff . The selling program is interesting .
Keep reading here and read past postings and you will learn how to use what you own

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
Mayan World "trade in" is part of sales - at least you want it back. I believe Raygo123 recently posted about getting his back for $500 after the first quote was $5000 .
My trade in cost me $1000+ in collection fees back in 2007 since the deed was still in our name and "Tiffany"at Holiday something in Seattle never gave us the" offer" your getting.So we own 2
We love the resorts and the resort staff . The selling program is interesting .
Keep reading here and read past postings and you will learn how to use what you own
Yes that is correct. $500.00. It was a low value resale,
At fox run, converted to Wyndham to 154,000 points.
They called to get info for transfer, and I asked how much I could buy back. $5000 was correct. I would imagine depending on what resort, you could get it at a much reduced price. Nice profit for doing nothing
For them. Also that was 2009.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Now we are receiving multiple calls from Global vacation saying that Vida has already written it off and that there is a surplus of inventory & that we can retain the 1st property (which we now want to do) but it will cost us almost $6000.
Are you certain that your ownership was ever transferred out of your name?

If you believe there was any fraud involved in your transaction, you could always contact Profeco to see if they can help you. You can contact them through their website. Nothing to lose by contacting them.

You might also contact Grupo Mayan customer service dept.
Karen Rose
Customer Support Representative.
Email: grupomayanblog@grupovidanta.com
Phone: 1-800-292-9446

That may not be his/her real name but in the past some people have gotten help through her.

BLMQuestions

Reaction score
Thank you for your quick responses! I have contacted our first timeshare, The deed is still in our name.
We've already paid this third-party $500, if we want to keep the property anyway (and the consensus seems to be that it's likely we'll ultimately own both anyway) should we just leave well enough alone and not respond to any further communications as some have suggested?

BLMQuestions

Reaction score
Sorry, not sure what you mean by short thread? Are you suggesting that I've already answered my own question there!?

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
That's your decision. No, personally. I would figure out what it's worth, may only be a dollar. Or much much more. Your dealing from a position of strength. I don't see getting the $500.00 back. You may get it for a dollar, they already made 500

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
What were you supposed to get for the $500 you paid the third party? Did they say they were going to sell your timeshare for you.? How can they expect you to pay $6000 for something you already own since it was never transferred out of your name?

Don't have anything more to do with them. It sounds like a total scam.

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
No scam, if he turns down offer, it is a transfer fee when he bought into VIDA, he traded it in. was like an extra discount. Whom ever was calling me made the offer, or was going to !be sending transfer papers.

Last edited:

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
No scam, if he turns down offer, it is a transfer fee when he bought into VIDA, he traded it in. was like an extra discount. Whom ever was calling me made the offer, or was going to !be sending transfer papers.

Transfer fee? It sounds like it was never transferred out of his name.
At the very least, it seems the $500 "transfer fee" should be refunded because it wasn't transferred.

BLMQuestions

Reaction score
The deed is still in my name. The 500 was being used to buy us more time since we didn't have the funds to pay the additional 6000+. We are just concerned they will come after us for more money. If the trade-in really just was smoke and mirrors and they really cannot sell it to a broker for much do you think that they will take rhe time & effort to pursue?

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
The OP has agreed to sell and paid a disposal fee (regardless of what they call the fee) of $500. Now Global is offering to let him out of the transfer agreement for more money.

Global doesn't want to deal with your timeshare. If you say you don't want it then they will likely pay an ebay type company to either market it or take possession of it for a fee. If you ignore the calls, you may still end up owning it if Global can't dispose of it or they get it sold and transferred. If you are really interested in keeping it offer them another $300-$500 see if they will let you keep it without going through any additional hassles. It's getting close to the end of the year and you will want to know if you own it or not by the time MF's are due.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If the trade-in really just was smoke and mirrors and they really cannot sell it to a broker for much do you think that they will take rhe time & effort to pursue?
Of course the trade in was just smoke & mirrors. We've heard many reports of people who "traded in" their timeshares only to find out that ownership was never transferred and they were on the hook for the annual maintenance fees on both the old and new timeshares.

If you still want to keep and use your timeshare, then do so. If Vidanta gives you any grief for it, tell them they can transfer it out of your name and be responsible for the maintenance fees.

Does your contract with Vidanta make reference to this trade-in and specify that the third party is responsible for selling your old timeshare? I'm not really understanding the relationship between Vidanta, the third party, and you.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Trade in

I think Tschwa2 has explained it well . Global tries to get $ 6000 /if you say yes .
If not they may get a legit entity like " Time Share Nation " or an eBay seller to
move it . If you make an offer now for a couple of hundred dollars - Global may accept and you keep your " trade in " .
When my original TS /trade in put me ( the name that was still on the deed)
to collection , I had not yet found Tugs . Live and learn and read these forums.

BLMQuestions

Reaction score
Am I correct in assuming that in order for a trade to legitimately go through (with Global or another broker/buyer they sell it to) I would have to sign additional legal paperwork to sign over my deed (in FL)? I only have one form that says that I've given my property to Global to be traded as equity credit. It does not detail the original purchase price I was offered, only the probably arbitrary amount they claim it's worth ($69,00!!!!) and the new price I owe to Vida after applying the equity credit.
I'm on the fence between just continuing to pay my MF, and letting it ride and hope Global will just take the 500 and be done, OR offering them a few hundred more to "legitimately" buy it back from them. I'd simply like to stop throwing away more and more money, especially since it sounds like chances were slim that I would ever have been rid of it. Thank you all so much for you guidance, wish I had found this site the night that we signed all the paperwork! I plan on making the best of this ridiculous Grand Luxxe deal and enjoying the beautiful resort. While it will be a huge financial burden to carry MF's on both the Mexico and Florida properties I know I now have people who'll help me use them wisely!

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
The OP has agreed to sell and paid a disposal fee (regardless of what they call the fee) of $500. Now Global is offering to let him out of the transfer agreement for more money.

Global doesn't want to deal with your timeshare. If you say you don't want it then they will likely pay an ebay type company to either market it or take possession of it for a fee. If you ignore the calls, you may still end up owning it if Global can't dispose of it or they get it sold and transferred. If you are really interested in keeping it offer them another $300-$500 see if they will let you keep it without going through any additional hassles. It's getting close to the end of the year and you will want to know if you own it or not by the time MF's are due.
I agree, as o said earlier. Call them, make an offer if even a dollar, see if they counter, counter with $100, and if they say no, tell them you want them to send you the transfer papers. If you want out of it, just tell them to send paperwork, and when you can expect it. VIDA is At this point is out of the picture. You still have upper hand.