• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HGVC - Grand Maya strict booking rules

chickensoop

Reaction score
What is up with the Grand Maya - HGVC contract? You have to stay 7 nights exact. And you can only book in Friday to Friday.

If I have to get there Friday, and leave Friday, I have to use 6 vacation days from work. If you could do Saturday to Saturday, it uses only 5 vacation days.

Friday to Friday has an additional personal cost of having to burn up a vacation day. Friday to Friday wastes a vacation day.

While it seems I have to burn money on additional HGVC costs, I have to refuse burning up my highly valued vacation day. Stupid Stupid Stupid.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Are you sure it isn't a case of availability for the week you are looking for- no saturday check ins available?

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I just realized you mean the special booking through HGVC and not through RCI. They may be trying to make it more restrictive because they couldn't get out of the agreement but can make it less desirable. Most exchange companies that can exchange into the Mayan properties have added an $11 per person per day resort fee (guests over the age of 12). I imagine that that doesn't apply when booking through HGVC. Vida wants people to stay at there properties because they have a lot of inventory but they ultimately make these restrictions to use as a sales tool to try to get those exchange guests to buy directly with them.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
SFX & HGVC have an arrangement that gives Club Members the ability to make reservations at specific resorts.

The HGVC point chart shows nightly and weekly point requirements for the Grand Mayan but the online Club Member Guide refers to seven night stays :shrug:

From the online Club Member Guide - http://www.hgvclubprogram.com/sfx-preferred-resorts/
Take an extraordinary Mexico vacation using ClubPoints for seven-night stays at three world-class resorts: Grand Mayan, Acapulco; Grand Mayan, Neuvo Vallarta; and Grand Mayan, Riviera. We are pleased to announce that we have expanded reservation opportunities with SFX Preferred Resorts. The following resorts are now available using ClubPoints for seven-night reservations
Grand Luxxe Nuevo Vallarta (Friday check-in required)
Grand Luxxe Riviera Maya (Friday check-in required)
Club Donatello (Thursday check-in required)
From the new HGVC website - https://club.hiltongrandvacations.com/en/resort/mexico/the-grand-mayan-riviera-maya/
Reservations require a standard, non-changeable reservation fee. The normal Club cancellation policy applies. Availability may be limited during certain times, and the resort's standard check-in date applies. Club Member with Elite status enjoy a priority reservation window of 365 to 276 days prior to check-in. General Club Members may access remaining reservations starting 276 days prior to check-out. To check availability and confirm reservations, contact a Club Counselor.
Please note there is a one-time resort fee of $75 to be paid at check in, which includes:

One-way Airport Transportation to Resort
Wireless Internet
Fitness Center Access
Daily Maid Service
Turn Down Service
Local Telephone Calls
Internal Resort Transportation
Welcome Cocktail
Daily Newspaper (upon request)
Incoming Faxes

Also, found a HGVC Club Traveler article - http://clubtraveler.hgvclub.com/where-go/explore-more-vacation-opportunities-sfx-preferred-resorts
Your Club membership enables you to stay at your home resort or any of the spectacular Hilton Grand Vacations Club properties in the U.S. and around the world. But don’t forget you can also stay at resorts from one of our vacation exchange affiliates, including SFX Preferred Resorts.

SFX Preferred Resorts has vacation opportunities in Mexico and San Francisco. Club Members may use ClubPoints to request reservations at the following resorts. Seven-night reservations are required, and the resort's standard check-in date applies. Availability may be limited during certain times. Reservations require a fee of $76 and, once made, are non-changeable. The standard Club cancellation policy applies.

For more information, including unit sizes and points required, or to check availability at any of these resorts, contact a Club Counselor.

Last edited:

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
IMO, you're better off depositing your week with SFX and then using SFX to book into the Vida resorts. I think ONE of the resorts was Friday to Friday only (via SFX), the others can be Fri-Fri, Sat-Sat, or Sun-Sun depending on availability, but you can show up late and leave early if you need to.

Not sure about the fees. RCI's website lists two different fees (one is a pop-up that I screenshotted that is vastly different vs. the confirmation email they sent me). SFX *used* to be (maybe still is) just the $75 fee covering the items listed earlier. The "new" RCI (the one I got in the email) was $11/adult/day. Eesh.

"Resort applies a US$11 Resort Fee per adult, per night. Children over 12 years old are consider as adults. Fee includes: One-way transportation Airport to Hotel, transportation throughout the Resort, local phone calls, basic Internet for 1 device, Gym Access, Press summary, a Welcome drink, Daily Housekeeping service and Entrance fee to "Santuario"."

Not sure whom to call about the RCI screw up (pop up says $75 fee, email says $11/pp/day fee)
Almost double with the per person fee.

thare

Reaction score
Yeah I got forced into fri-fri via RCI as well for PV. I called and they had no availability via HGVC, but had it via RCI.