• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HGVC Kings Land

Reaction score
What is the difference with HGVC Kings Land points chart that some have different values?

I assume that is different phases, but that is not clear.

Such as Platinum season
1 Bedroom = 4,800 / 7,200 points
2 bedroom = 7,000 / 10,500 points

How does this affect resale value?

Are all one bedrooms EOY?

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Phase 1 was build first with the higher rates for units.

A later phase was added with slightly smaller unit ,where the point align to the standard points chart. 2 BR Plat 7000, 1 BR Plat 4800.

So you need to know what phase and points you are purchasing here. There are also standards, plus and premium rooms all with increasing point requirements.

Its a unit it has a point value it has a MF. It affects resale like any other unit.

Some units may have been bought EOY some may be annual, you need to check that too.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
What is the difference between the 2 bedroom @ 7,000 and the one @ 10,500 points

The 7,000 point is across the street in phase 2, lower quality furnishings, smaller sq footage. For example, the lanai furniture is the plastic wicker vs solid wood couch with plush cushions, side chairs and coffee table.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

philemer

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Schooner; Dikhololo, S.A.; Club Wyndham; Worldmark.
I'd like some info on the "Junior Suites" I see advertised on the Chase Ultimate Rewards site (powered by Orbitz I think). They are the cheapest at ~$226/night + taxes. They are listed at 599 SF. Do these actually have a separate bedroom or are they studios? We're going to have our 13 yo granddaughter with us so privacy is important. I assume they are in the older section of the property. We'll be there in August and my g-daughter 'needs' a heated pool. :)

Mahalo

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I'd like some info on the "Junior Suites" I see advertised on the Chase Ultimate Rewards site (powered by Orbitz I think). They are the cheapest at ~$226/night + taxes. They are listed at 599 SF. Do these actually have a separate bedroom or are they studios? We're going to have our 13 yo granddaughter with us so privacy is important. I assume they are in the older section of the property. We'll be there in August and my g-daughter 'needs' a heated pool. :)

Mahalo

There aren't any studios at Kingsland. The more info popup on Orbitz confirms a separate bedroom.

b76f88c5b066efa107e04287070b1cca.jpg

philemer

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks, Dave. Good to know. Are these 599sf Junior Suites spread around the whole resort or are they grouped together, like near the checkin area? Or the pool?

WalnutBaron

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Its a unit it has a point value it has a MF. It affects resale like any other unit.

Some units may have been bought EOY some may be annual, you need to check that too.

Sandy, not sure what you mean by this statement. Can you elaborate, please? Are you saying that the 10,500 point units are more marketable in the resale market because they're larger, more desirable? Or are you saying that they carry higher maintenance fees and, therefore, are less marketable? Thanks for the clarification.

CanuckTravlr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Ocean 22
Thanks, Dave. Good to know. Are these 599sf Junior Suites spread around the whole resort or are they grouped together, like near the checkin area? Or the pool?

We just stayed in one of these "Junior Suites" in February as a couple and were very pleased with the unit, although we were in a brand-new, Phase 3, third-floor, 1-bdrm premier end unit in building 24. There are larger 1-bdrm suites in Phase 1 of Kings' Land (buildings 1 through 11), which are on the same side of the road as the main pool and check-in area.

All the smaller (599 sq.ft.) 1-bdrm suites are in either Phase 2 (bldgs 21 and 22) or Phase 3 (bldgs 23 to 25). They are across the road from Phase 1. There is a smaller pool, but very nice, between buildings 24 and 25. Phase 3 just opened in mid-2016. I believe all the 1-bdrm units in Phases 2 and 3 face the parking lots, but there is nice landscaping between the building and the parking areas. This will be less of an issue if you are on the 2nd or 3rd floor. We had a lovely view from our 3rd floor unit of the mountains, the golf course and even a sliver of ocean to the left.

philemer

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We just stayed in one of these "Junior Suites" in February as a couple and were very pleased with the unit, although we were in a brand-new, Phase 3, third-floor, 1-bdrm premier end unit in building 24. There are larger 1-bdrm suites in Phase 1 of Kings' Land (buildings 1 through 11), which are on the same side of the road as the main pool and check-in area.

All the smaller (599 sq.ft.) 1-bdrm suites are in either Phase 2 (bldgs 21 and 22) or Phase 3 (bldgs 23 to 25). They are across the road from Phase 1. There is a smaller pool, but very nice, between buildings 24 and 25. Phase 3 just opened in mid-2016. I believe all the 1-bdrm units in Phases 2 and 3 face the parking lots, but there is nice landscaping between the building and the parking areas. This will be less of an issue if you are on the 2nd or 3rd floor. We had a lovely view from our 3rd floor unit of the mountains, the golf course and even a sliver of ocean to the left.

Great info, thanks. Since we'll only be there 3 nights I'm not concerned about the view or the size. Since they are all 1BR I'm in! :)

Has anyone ever stayed in an Accessible 1BR unit? Wondering about the size and layout. On the Chase website the only units available with pts, that are 'refundable', are Accessible units. I'd rather reserve a 'refundable' unit since you never know what the future holds.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Sandy, not sure what you mean by this statement. Can you elaborate, please? Are you saying that the 10,500 point units are more marketable in the resale market because they're larger, more desirable? Or are you saying that they carry higher maintenance fees and, therefore, are less marketable? Thanks for the clarification.

Every unit has a point value, every unit has MFs.

MF per Point overall can affect perceived resale value to a purchaser. Nothing to do with the size of the point package, just the MF per point.

Purchase price only is impacted by EOY contracts. Just beware of what you are buying.

There are basically 2 reason to BUY 1) Home priority 2) cheapest MF per point you can get at a reasonable price. Not saying anything about marketable to SELL, but rather desirable to BUY resale.

WalnutBaron

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Every unit has a point value, every unit has MFs.

MF per Point overall can affect perceived resale value to a purchaser. Nothing to do with the size of the point package, just the MF per point.

Purchase price only is impacted by EOY contracts. Just beware of what you are buying.

There are basically 2 reason to BUY 1) Home priority 2) cheapest MF per point you can get at a reasonable price. Not saying anything about marketable to SELL, but rather desirable to BUY resale.

Yes, I agree. Thanks!

Oceans82

Reaction score
The 7,000 point is across the street in phase 2, lower quality furnishings, smaller sq footage. For example, the lanai furniture is the plastic wicker vs solid wood couch with plush cushions, side chairs and coffee table.

Does the type of room or quality even matter
if you never intend to stay at your home resort? For example, I could leverage more points to get nicer accommodations without necessarily buying a a plus room or phase 2
room. Am I understanding the concept?

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Does the type of room or quality even matter
if you never intend to stay at your home resort? For example, I could leverage more points to get nicer accommodations without necessarily buying a a plus room or phase 2
room. Am I understanding the concept?

Of course you have the concept, I was replying to a question of the difference. I own a 14.4k unit at Kingsland that I never intend to stay in for my home week, but I will stay there at my home resort in a smaller, lower quality unit.

rfc0001

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC: SSR, PVB
HGVC: Kings' Land, Ocean Tower
I don't think it's been called out yet, but the "Junior Suites" (what Hilton markets Phase 2 1 Bedrooms as for rental) do not have an oven which is a common complaint in online feedback (for people that didn't read the room descriptions - although in fairness Hilton markets them as "full kitchens"). Also, half the units in Phase 2 and phase 3 (lower point chart rooms) face the parking lot, whereas all Phase 1 (higher point chart rooms) face the golf course.

CanuckTravlr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Ocean 22
I don't think it's been called out yet, but the "Junior Suites" (what Hilton markets Phase 2 1 Bedrooms as for rental) do not have an oven which is a common complaint in online feedback (for people that didn't read the room descriptions - although in fairness Hilton markets them as "full kitchens"). Also, half the units in Phase 2 and phase 3 (lower point chart rooms) face the parking lot, whereas all Phase 1 (higher point chart rooms) face the golf course.

Stayed in a phase 3 1-bdrm ("Junior Suite") for two weeks in February. They (and I assume it also applies to the phase 2 units) actually do have ovens...just not conventional ovens. The large microwave is a dual microwave/convection oven with a removable middle rack. If you were planning to cook a large turkey, it obviously won't work, but we cooked some casseroles and meat dishes and a frozen pizza in it. It was obviously designed to save some space, since the kitchens are smaller than in phase 1.