• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hgvc resale

Maryjane39

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Grand Vacations orlando suites
As a remorse. Buyer ive been looking to get out of hgvc timeshare. Finally after 2 months i got a email from hgvc stating they would resale for me. Since using other companies is a scam and already losing out on monies and sleep, im considering hgvc in selling the timeshare for me of course i am losing money on it. But time and being stress free is more important to me than money.

I just want out and be free again. Has anyone did a timeshare resale back to hgvc and be free from contract maintenance fees and any other fees associated with the timeshare

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
As a remorse. Buyer ive been looking to get out of hgvc timeshare. Finally after 2 months i got a email from hgvc stating they would resale for me. Since using other companies is a scam and already losing out on monies and sleep, im considering hgvc in selling the timeshare for me of course i am losing money on it. But time and being stress free is more important to me than money.

I just want out and be free again. Has anyone did a timeshare resale back to hgvc and be free from contract maintenance fees and any other fees associated with the timeshare

Hi MaryJane,

I believe you just purchased from HGVC directly this year. Are you sure you want to sell so soon? You'll automatically lose over 50% of your original purchase price.

I'm assuming there was a reason for the original HGVC purchase. You might as well get something out of it and use any Bonus points that was added as part of your purchase. HGVC has some nice upscale resorts. We might be able to help you at least take one or two trips before giving it back to HGVC. For example, HGVC has great destination resorts in Hawaii.

Let us know if we can help.

Phyllis

Maryjane39

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
By doing so i would need to pay extra correct? We werent told that there were gonna be extra fees when we were making reservations. I just want to be free from more fees on top of fees.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Correct, there is a fee for each reservation ($59 non-refundable fee).

I'm not saying you should keep it. You already made your decision. I'm just suggesting that you get whatever you can out of it before throwing thousands of dollars away. It's up to you.

For example, for some folks, Hawaii is on their bucket list. Hawaii is very expensive (airfare, hotel, food, etc). Your points can cover your accommodations and save on dining expenses. If you want to avoid multiple reservations, just book one long stay and after you return sell it.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
Or did she not think there were annual maintenance fees? Would seem silly to throw away tens of thousands of dollars just to save the $59 reservation fee.

As far a selling goes, I would think you would get the least amount of your investment back selling through HGVC, as I'm sure they will take a huge commission. At least look into selling it yourself in order to limit the bleeding.

Kurt

Last edited:

Maryjane39

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Did not want to throw more money away

I'm not saying you should keep it. You already made your decision. I'm just suggesting that you get whatever you can out of it before throwing thousands of dollars away. It's up to you.

For example, for some folks, Hawaii is on their bucket list. Hawaii is very expensive (airfare, hotel, food, etc). Your points can cover your accommodations and save on dining expenses. If you want to avoid multiple reservations, just book one long stay and after you return sell it.

I am from hawaii... could you give me some pointers in how to use these points even with food?

Tia

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)

I am from hawaii... could you give me some pointers in how to use these points even with food?

Tia
There is no point exchange for food.

Most timeshares (one bedroom or larger) come with a full kitchen so you don't have to eat every meal out. We travel with a large group so cooking some of our meals reduces our overall dining expenses.

There are other ways you can use your points (see this link). I don't use them because it's cheaper to use cash but it's another option if you just want to burn through your bonus points. However there's a fee for these as well.

Or you can simply get rid of it and not be bothered with any of this. All options will require some time and effort on your part.

NOTE: Bonus points don't transfer with your sale. Our annual maintenance fees are due at the beginning of the year. If you want to avoid next year's maintenance fee, you need to complete your sale this year.

Good Luck

Last edited:

2disneydads

TUG Member
Reaction score
There are some very reputable resale agents who do not charge outrageous fees. Several of them seem on the TUG site. That might be a better option than seeking through HGVC. You will not be a priority for HGVC. What are you trying to sell?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
HGVC has several nice properties both on Big Island and Honolulu. I like others have suggested that you look at trying use what you have already paid for. When you purchased, you should have received both bonus and regular points. If you would like to post what you have purchased then maybe we could offer some suggestions.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
HGVC just works with resale brokers. I previously posted the response I received in 2015 (see quote below).

..The resale price range they sent me was realistic (similar to the prices found on Seth's and Judy's websites).

I emailed the following:

Dear HGVC Resale Department,

We want to get rid of our xxx weeks. I was wondering if HGVC is interested in buying these weeks back.

We own blah blah blah...

NOTE: I received an automate response that it can take up to five business days for the Resale Dept to respond.

Here's what I received:

Hello Mr. & Mrs. xxxx,

If you are interested in selling your timeshare interval we can list the timeshare for sale on the resale market. We work with a network of resale brokers that will advertise to find you a buyer. Below you will find the suggested listing price range for your timeshare intervals:

nn-nnnnn $x,000.00 to $x,000.00
nn-nnnnn $x,000.00 to $x,000.00

This is only a suggestion based on current resale market analysis. You may list your property at any price you wish. The broker commission due on the sale of your Hilton interval will be 25% of the sales price or a minimum of $500. Please understand that listing your timeshare interval for sale does not relieve you of any financial responsibility for fees that may come due on your account during the selling process.

Would you like to receive a listing agreement to begin the selling process?

Old threads
Just being curious what resale@hgvc.com offer? (2015) - http://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/just-being-curious-what-resale-hgvc-com-offer.221585/
Selling back to HGVC (2012) - http://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/selling-back-to-hgvc.162420/

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
By looking at your previous posts, it looks like you recently bought Sea World in Orlando. They will likely refer you to Judi Kozlowski http://judikoz.com/ .

The biggest issue you'll have is if you still owe any money on it. You will need to pay it off before you can resell it and you'll be selling it for far less than what you owe on it most likely. Take a look at the resales listed on her website for the same thing that you own. You can also search on Ebay to see what people have paid recently over there. It can take months to sell it and you'll still be responsible for all the payments in the meantime.

There are other ways to use the points for cruises, flights, trading in RCI, etc, but they all come with a price. Anything you do within the club or trading out of the club has fees attached to it.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)

Tia
I am also from hawaii and own a few hgvc points. Just checked out today from a weeks stay at hokulani.
Would not be able to travel and stay at the places i have been to if it wasnt for timeshares. Learn how to use the hgvc system. Cant beat staying in san diego for a week in a 2br in july for about $210 a night. Cant even get 2 hotel rooms for that price.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk