• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HHV Presentation

skjayhawk

Reaction score
Im scheduled to go on a HHV presentation this weekend. I am very interested in purchasing a EOYO 2 bedroom either in HHV or Kings Landing. Want to have the option of either doing a 1 bedroom every year with my little family, or two bedroom every other year with my family plus parents. Want to use it in Hawaii about half the time and trade elsewhere.

I am very familiar with the resale market by reading this site for the past year and have looked at what HHV resales have passed ROFR,but have never been on a presentation before and have no idea what kind of pricing they are going to throw at me. that being said... is their any type of deal they can swindle or make that would justify buying from the developer?

Thanks!

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
No.
Anything they offer you will be highway robbery compared to what you could get resale, even if they throw in a ton of bonus points or HHonors points. Those are throwaways to make you think you're getting something worth the extra $$ -- they're not.

Bring lists of resale prices. Don't fall for BS about what you can't do with a resale TS (there's nothing, 'cept only elite status). Keep saying, "No - Ain't gonn'a happen." BTW, the words "not interested" will be interpreted to mean sell me the crappiest point package for the most $$ you can find.

When you're done, repair to a nearby watering hole to decompress.

1Kflyerguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
Enjoy Hawaii, one of my favorite places. We have owned with HGVC for almost 10 years, and really enjoy it. I originally purchased direct from them before i discovered resale. After having attended numerous updates at the resorts or via phone looking for a direct deal that made sense, we have not found anything close to value of resale.

skjayhawk

Reaction score
Thanks for your responses. Confirmed what I thought, wouldn't mind buying this weekend from the developer if the numbers worked, but I'll stick to resale. I live in Maui and love the idea of doing 4 nights Oahu and three nights Big Island vise versa.... perfect cure for island fever :thumbup:

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
I live in Maui

Nice, you already live in Paradise, but would be nice to go to a few other islands too. I will predict that you are offered ~$7.5/point {annual, EOY maybe 60% of that [I am just guessing though]} (please report back on what the going rate is now). Be careful because the sales staff is very good at manipulating numbers. They will talk HGVC points and then conversion to Hilton honors points (very poor use of points).

skjayhawk

Reaction score
Will do. Will they offer some type of return package when the "quality control" person comes out to do their questionnaire on the professionalism of the sales department?

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Will they offer some type of return package when the "quality control" person comes out

I am not sure I understand what you mean? I will say that every person's goal is trying to "hook" you into purchasing something. They are just trying to determine how big their commission will be (obviously, the bigger package purchase, their bigger sales purchase).

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
I assume that you already know that you can purchase resale at both Oahu and Big Island for much cheaper than developer sales. I personally think that the best time to buy resales is towards the end of the year (maybe starting as early as in September or October) because MFs are due in January (owners are willing to unload their TS) and easier to get through ROFR (my opinion anyway).

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Will they offer some type of return package when the "quality control" person comes out to do their questionnaire on the professionalism of the sales department?

They may offer a test-drive (one year only) deal for ~$1600-1800 (I forget) w-'x' points.
Some folks like it; others get frustrated becuz they can't book their exact place/date/size.

marinskas

TUG Member
Reaction score
They may offer a test-drive (one year only) deal for ~$1600-1800 (I forget) w-'x' points.
Some folks like it; others get frustrated becuz they can't book their exact place/date/size.
This used to be called a VIP package. If I recall it goes for $1,695 or $1,795 and comes with 7,000 points that are valid for 18 months in 5 resorts and have to be used all at once. I may be off on details, but that's what I remember.

Arimaas

TUG Member
Reaction score
This used to be called a VIP package. If I recall it goes for $1,695 or $1,795 and comes with 7,000 points that are valid for 18 months in 5 resorts and have to be used all at once. I may be off on details, but that's what I remember.

I just got back from a sales presentation in June. It was still called VIP (Vacation Introduction Package or something like that). They offer to "freeze" whatever price they told you during the sales pitch (you know, the one that you could only get that one day on the spot right then and there), will apply the cost of the package towards your (hopeful) eventual purchase. They offer a payment plan and it is something like $1695 for a bunch of points that if you don't use, you lose, and like previous poster said, only good in some specific locations.

I ended up buying resale for $2500 plus fees (total about $4K), so considering the price of the package vs the price of my resale ownership, I think you might be better off saving the money and finding a resale property. Just my 2¢

1Kflyerguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points

We just used a VIP package in May at Kings Land. They advertise it as 7000 points, but in reality its 7 nights. I had hope to squeeze some extra nights out of it by booking a one bedroom in gold season. Unfortunately it really limit to 7 nights, you can chose 1 br or 2 br, but HGVC picks the room category, std, plus, etc.

I believe you can split the vacation in two if you want, 4 nights and 3 nights. but will have to attend a sales presentation again on your first visit.

Personally i would rate that an OK deal if you choose the resort wisely, but all in all not sure I would buy it again now that i know of all the restrictions.

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
He's prolly still sitting at the "presentation."

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo

skjayhawk

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
We bailed on the presentation and decided to hike Diamond Head yesterday morning instead, we thought it would be a better use of our time since we are better off buying resale, and I would of been hooked after seeing the rooms. I asked the booking agent for pricing but I would of had to gone on a full tour to get that (she probably doesn't get paid unless she sends in a full tour). HHV was awesome, love the special fireworks on Friday night.

Thanks again for all of your help