• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HICV HIVC other benefits

stevelori

TUG Member
Reaction score
We did a presentation at HICV Orange Lake Resort, did not buy. But are very interested so doing our research. A couple of things I can't seem to find any info on ... During the presentation I mentioned we travel alot with our kids sports teams, so regular hotel prices are a big part of our travel expenses. The salesman pulled up IHG hotel rates using the IHG app on his cell phone, and I pulled up same hotel/same dates on my IHG app on my phone. The nightly rate shown in his app was significantly lower that the ones I pulled up. His explanation was because he was an HICV owner he received better rates than non-owners. Is this correct? They were something like $90-$100 per night less. I've searched and can't find any info that explains that as a benefit. If it is correct it would be a huge benefit for us to buy. Do other hotel chains affiliated with timeshare companies offer similar discounts?
Secondly, the salesman showed us something like last minute (within 45 days) weekly offers that we would have access to that were great deals (it was in an app maybe RCI or?). Also one salesperson mentioned HICV "bonus weeks" that we could get for $199-$299 per week - and we could even offer those to our family. Can anyone give me any more info related to these questions? Thank you!!

Tank

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV South Beach Myrtle Beach
HICV Lake Geneva
HICV Gatlinburg
HICV Orange Lake Kissemee
I like my HICV, I don't like being mislead.
Sports , kids, you are traveling at the most expensive time. Thats anytime the kids are out of school. These are the times you wont find deals, and hotels are highest priced.

If one could travel off season great deals can be had.

You will have better luck here on TUG filling your needs by renting from others.

Here is your BIG discount with IHG at a Holiday Inn Express

icn_checkmark.png

Best Flexible Rate & DealsOur Most Popular Rate
Best Flexible Rate
‎ ‎$ 139.00 USD

Average Nightly Rate
View Rate Details
YOUR RATE by IHG® Rewards Club

‎$ 139.00 USD‎ $ 136.22 USD
Member Discount

jackio

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sand Pebbles, Sheraton Broadway Plantation, Hawaiian Sun Holidays
Secondly, the salesman showed us something like last minute (within 45 days) weekly offers that we would have access to that were great deals (it was in an app maybe RCI or?). Also one salesperson mentioned HICV "bonus weeks" that we could get for $199-$299 per week - and we could even offer those to our family. Can anyone give me any more info related to these questions? Thank you!!
The last minute specials are called Max Time offers and are greatly reduced. For example, there are some 2BR units up there now for 25,000 points for a week. They all start Sept. 8th, after the kids all go back to school and in areas where September is not prime time.
I'm not sure about the bonus time, but he may have been referring to RCI extra vacations that are sometimes that cheap. Again, they are not prime weeks. Anyone with an RCI membership has access to these.
If you need to travel during school vacations, these options won't work for you.

stevelori

TUG Member
Reaction score
I like my HICV, I don't like being mislead.
Sports , kids, you are traveling at the most expensive time. Thats anytime the kids are out of school. These are the times you wont find deals, and hotels are highest priced.

If one could travel off season great deals can be had.

You will have better luck here on TUG filling your needs by renting from others.

Here is your BIG discount with IHG at a Holiday Inn Express

icn_checkmark.png

Best Flexible Rate & DealsOur Most Popular Rate
Best Flexible Rate
‎ ‎$ 139.00 USD

Average Nightly Rate
View Rate Details
YOUR RATE by IHG® Rewards Club

‎$ 139.00 USD‎ $ 136.22 USD
Member Discount

Yeah, that's the "discounts" I'm accustomed to finding. So how did the salesperson get the rates he had? Do HICV owners have access to those kinds of hotel rates as the salesperson said? I don't trust those salespeople. We are still at Orange Lake for couple more days and I'm tempted to go back to sales center to get an answer. If we could have access to those hotel rates simply because we are HICV owners (with purchase on the resale market) it would be a no-brainer for us to buy.

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
We own a week at OL. The past few years, we have converted our points In Holiday Inn to IHG points. This is great because we can take nights along with our timeshare weeks. This is one of the best options in timeshares. I know Marriott and Hyatt have the same type of points clubToo.
Silentg

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Yeah, that's the "discounts" I'm accustomed to finding. So how did the salesperson get the rates he had? Do HICV owners have access to those kinds of hotel rates as the salesperson said? I don't trust those salespeople. We are still at Orange Lake for couple more days and I'm tempted to go back to sales center to get an answer. If we could have access to those hotel rates simply because we are HICV owners (with purchase on the resale market) it would be a no-brainer for us to buy.
Maybe he was pulling up an app and using employee discounts, not owner discounts.

stevelori

TUG Member
Reaction score
Maybe he was pulling up an app and using employee discounts, not owner discounts.
I bet that was it. Irritated though that he led me to believe I could access those same rates if I became an owner. Grrr.

stevelori

TUG Member
Reaction score
We own a week at OL. The past few years, we have converted our points In Holiday Inn to IHG points. This is great because we can take nights along with our timeshare weeks. This is one of the best options in timeshares. I know Marriott and Hyatt have the same type of points clubToo.
Silentg
Thank you. That's what I'm trying to compare (points that can be used for regular hotel stays also). If we only use a TS for one vacation week per year, we'd have to buy super cheap and/or have a low MF. Otherwise looks like we are better off renting out someone's week.

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enchanted Isle.
  • We have never took advantage of special rates only reward nights, where you use your IHG hotel points.As far as discounts go we have used AAA, AARP, and senior discounts. We also have the option of using points and cash, if we don't have enough points. We did use a max time to stay 2 nights a Myrtle Beach. Usually when we pay Maintenence fee is when we take our points and put them in IHG.
  • Silentg

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enchanted Isle.
Don't buy from Orange Lake, they will upsell you, and like you said you can rent someone's week. FYI if you exchange into OL thru RCI you can only go once every 4 years. We are going to OL in a couple of weeks. we got a exchange thru RCI for 5 TPU and we booked just before the exchange fee went up. Looking forward to staying, since we have been using the week we own for hotel stays.
Silentg