• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

How much does it cost to convert a fixed week?

bobbyoc23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Bonnet Creek
Wyndham Grand Desert
Attitash Mountain Village
What does Wyndham charge for this? And how does that work? You look in the points chart to see how many points it would take to book a unit of a certain size during a certain time of the year, and that's how many points you'd get if you converted that week to points? I'm sorry if that seems obvious, just want to confirm.

Last edited:

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
First off .. you have to generally go thru sales to get a week converted to points.

Buy points from sales and for a couple hundred dollars, get the week converted.

You then pay the MFs of the fixed week plus the Club Wyndham fee (either 55 or 57 cents per thousand points).

Converted fixed weeks pay in year in advance ... so in 2017 monthly fee ... you are paying for the 2018 MFs & the Club Wyndham fee.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
They used to allow you to just pay a fee to convert a fixed week, however I think they have closed off that avenue a while ago. They may allow you to convert a fixed week if you ALSO purchase Developer points. I don't know exactly, as I have not heard on anyone just paying a fee to convert LATELY. You will likely have to speak to sale in order to accomplish that? Does anyone have a reasonable sales contact for attempting to converting fixed weeks to points.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wyndham has stopped converting some weeks unless you are the original owner at some resorts.

bobbyoc23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Bonnet Creek
Wyndham Grand Desert
Ron, are you saying it CAN'T be done, or that it's not WORTH it because buying a points contract on eBay is cheaper than the price of conversion?

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
possibly both. What do you want to convert and were you or an immediate family member the one who bought directly from the developer or is it a resale?

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ron, are you saying it CAN'T be done, or that it's not WORTH it because buying a points contract on eBay is cheaper than the price of conversion?

I'm not sure that it can be done with or without a purchase. Whether you can or not it's going to be cheaper to give it back through ovation and then buy points on eBay

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)

The last reported pricing was about $2400 to convert a week.

bobbyoc23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Bonnet Creek
Wyndham Grand Desert
It would be a resale purchase. It's one of those resorts with a low maintenance fee. I was wondering if the price to convert would be low enouth to reap the rewards in the long run considering the savings on the maintenance fee. Just exploring options, thanks for all the feedback.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
It would be a resale purchase. It's one of those resorts with a low maintenance fee. I was wondering if the price to convert would be low enouth to reap the rewards in the long run considering the savings on the maintenance fee. Just exploring options, thanks for all the feedback.
I inquired about converting Pahio weeks recently. The answer I received was Wyndham has stopped allowing Pahio weeks to be converted unless you are the original owner. When done in the past with a developer purchase all points where considered developer purchase even if you bought your week resale

bobbyoc23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Bonnet Creek
Wyndham Grand Desert
There are some cheap Bali Hai weeks on Sumday. I guess if it was possible to convert them cheaply then someone would have already snatched them up.

cayman01

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai, Shearwater
I would try calling Wyndham Corporate direct and forget about the sales weasels.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was looking to buy a week and convert with a purchase. Then drop my PIC weeks

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I inquired about converting Pahio weeks recently. The answer I received was Wyndham has stopped allowing Pahio weeks to be converted unless you are the original owner. When done in the past with a developer purchase all points where considered developer purchase even if you bought your week resale
And because they were considered developer purchases they converted to VIP eligible points.

I was told by an old Pahio salesman that they used to sell "used" timeshares out of the Pahio sales offices

If one of his old customers had a change in their life and couldn't use their timeshare anymore he would sell it for them

My understanding is that the Pahio computers didn't distinguish between resale and retail. And when Wyndham took over they continued to use the old Pahio systems.so Wyndham considered them developer purchases because they couldn't prove otherwise

I was able to take advantage of this and buy a bunch of Pahio weeks, convert then to points and become platinum , twice ; with two small purchases. A total of $12000 cash and $300 a month

Perhaps one reason voyager took so long to develop is that someone researched every Pahio contract and coded them properly

In any case you can't get to platinum by converting Pahio weeks anymore

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
In any case you can't get to platinum by converting Pahio weeks anymore

I think that another back door was shut as well. I just had an owner's update (but I'm not sure how accurate they were at any rate.)

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
There was a time that *any* converted fixed week was considered a developer purchase, no matter how you came across it. Those days are long gone.

And Scott has the number I was thinking: it is no less than $2400, assuming you can even do it.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think that another back door was shut as well. I just had an owner's update (but I'm not sure how accurate they were at any rate.)
I'm betting you wish a listing would get sold and stop tempting you and get it off your mind.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm betting you wish a listing would get sold and stop tempting you and get it off your mind.
I think that seller should pull his listing until he figures out what the new rules will do to a Platinum ownership>> I know most potential buyers are waiting.

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score

I think that I am only in for two more contracts. I have one annual and two even year contracts so I am pretty stuck with what I can do at the moment. I'm not tied to ARP or CWA so I just need to wait for the correct contract(s) to fit into this puzzle.

cayman01

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai, Shearwater
Why not just deal directly with a broker instead of eBay. Lots of resale companies out there. Sumday is excellent to deal with. Resorts Closings out of Montana did very well by me. Costs nothing but a little time to see what they can do for you.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Why not just deal directly with a broker instead of eBay. Lots of resale companies out there. Sumday is excellent to deal with. Resorts Closings out of Montana did very well by me. Costs nothing but a little time to see what they can do for you.

I think you have to get behind the brokers and eBay sellers to understand where their inventory comes from to understand what you see for sale

Much of what you see on eBay comes from the so called "timeshare relief companies" these are the guys that charge owners thousands of dollars to get rid of their timeshares. They put on presentations every bit as bad as the developers timeshare salesmen and like the developers, lie and cheat, encourage fear and greed to steal money from uninformed owners. So these guys hire companies like Sumday and the guys in Montana to dump their inventory.

understand what you see on their websites probably came from one of the relief companies. Conventional wisdom is that what they don't sell goes into a Viking ship

Sumday and that Montana company are not conventional brokers in the sense that they are not generally representing owners that want to sell (it's also interesting to note that the Montana boys had to close down one of their companies; a questionable charity, called Donate For a Cause, because they sold phony appraisals used to cheat the IRS)

By the way, given Ovation, it's hard to understand how these timeshare relief companies get people to pay to get rid of their Wyndham timeshares. Ovation hasn't completely ended the flow of Wyndham inventory through the relief companies to eBay. I don't get it

Steve Holmes wyndhams CEO said at the last quarterly earnings call that Wyndham owns this issue. They need to establish a better relationship with their customers that are enticed by a bad offer from the relief companies to get rid of their timeshares, when all they have to do is to stop paying fees

My point in saying all this is that if you buy from most any of the eBay sellers you are part of the problem. And that Wyndham intends to solve that problem. My personal opinion is that Wyndham is going to get control of the secondary market. I expect to see to the day when the only buyer and seller of eBay timeshares will be Wyndham.

So get while the getting is good

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score

If I could find something with a broker, I'd have no problem buying it. My problem is when brokers tell me that it will cost $1500 to close something.