• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

RetArmy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ozark Mountain- Kimberling City ,Mo
I'm new to the Tug Community so please excuse the dumb question.
I own a timeshare at Ozark Mt in Branson, Mo (Kimberling City,Mo ) . Rather than sell would rather trade for any week timeshare in or near Lake Ozark/Osage Beach Mo as its much closer to where I live. Ozark Mt is a 2 BR, 2 Bath, Fireplace and deck and neat setting in the woods overlooking the Lake with direct access to lake,docks,fishing etc but also close to Silver Dollar City-Branson shows etc- This is the Christmas season shows, lights and shopping season. I see that the Lake Ozark/Osage Beach area has numerous timeshares and a"Port Elsewhere" type of timeshare looks appealing......
IS this a possibility to find a trade or an impossible consideration and how would one go about it ? Thank You :)

Last edited by a moderator:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

RetArmy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks Brian for the help , I followed and read the link. I have another question- it seems like the purpose of this is to swap use of weeks between Tuggers but I didn't see a trade of ownerships...where each tugger agrees to take over ownership of the others weeks ? or is this just in how one writes up their ad to indicate it is a swap in ownership/ titles etc,

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
RetArmy - As someone who has personally given away a Christmas week in Branson, I can advise you that trying to find a swap will be nearly impossible.

Unfortunately, there is more supply than demand in Branson, which makes selling or trading really difficult.

It would be much easier for you to simply give away the unwanted week, and buy exactly what you want on the resale market - for pennies on the dollar.

How to give away your timeshare on TUG: http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/how-can-i-give-away-my-timeshare-on-tug.132509/

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks Brian for the help , I followed and read the link. I have another question- it seems like the purpose of this is to swap use of weeks between Tuggers but I didn't see a trade of ownerships...where each tugger agrees to take over ownership of the others weeks ? or is this just in how one writes up their ad to indicate it is a swap in ownership/ titles etc,

yes, you can indicate in the ad that you wish to swap permanently...but this is very rare (not that it hasnt happened before, just rarely).

as Denise mentioned, you would likely have way better luck just giving yours away and picking up what you want on the resale market from another owner giving that away.

RetArmy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
RetArmy - As someone who has personally given away a Christmas week in Branson, I can advise you that trying to find a swap will be nearly impossible.

Unfortunately, there is more supply than demand in Branson, which makes selling or trading really difficult.

It would be much easier for you to simply give away the unwanted week, and buy exactly what you want on the resale market - for pennies on the dollar.

How to give away your timeshare on TUG: http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/how-can-i-give-away-my-timeshare-on-tug.132509/
Denise- Thank you- I needed some expert advice :)

RetArmy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
yes, you can indicate in the ad that you wish to swap permanently...but this is very rare (not that it hasnt happened before, just rarely).

as Denise mentioned, you would likely have way better luck just giving yours away and picking up what you want on the resale market from another owner giving that away.
Thanks Brian- thats the help I needed as I try to decide what to do- have considered trying to rent out my week. I can "bank it" in house and not sure after that if I can select a better date and then rent it out. This timeshare has bonus time which is only what we've used in the past 17 years. If I could rent out the week to help defray the rising Holiday Inn MFs and still occasionally use bonus time might just keep it ?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but the more-supply-than-demand thing hurts rentals too. It is unlikely to be a profitable rental, and learning how to do rentals just for one unit that isn't going to rent well anyway, is too much time and effort for a rental that may not rent for enough to cover the maintenance fee - or at all.

Your best bet is to just get rid of it - I know that can be a bitter pill to swallow.

RetArmy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned